life in our corner

TroyDairy

Ha....I may if I have to sit in this motorhome any longer.

I heard spuds were looking rough....cycles huh.

20140723_181514_zps7ywioxdi.jpg

Some wildlife behind our camping site.

Higher prices are only 1 big weather disaster away, Just hope it's not a disater in our area.

Well. ..camping went as usual. Couldnt sleep, she forgot our pillows, dang. After tossing for a hour I ran home. A hour n 15. Got pillows boots coats and dry socks. Made new feed sheets and breeding book while home. Was back here by 5. Took nap and woke to rain at 8. Got a inch at home. Thank the Lord. Perfect timing for our silage corn.

Troy , Very neat pictures , That big cannon looks like it could lob out a few heavy rounds , what purpose were they installed for ??

And not to change the subject ,But I was wondering if any of your milk would ever get way over here to the right coast ???

Do you know where it does go ??

Our most eastern customer is Slim Fast corp in New England area. So grab a slim fast bar! We supply Costco Kirkland brand milk and butter for 6 NW states and N Cali. From LV to E MT to Seattle. Darigold is our co-op.

Guns are at Fort Casey Wa. They are part of what was a big battery of several calibur guns protecting the entrance to Puget sound. Gonzo will recall thw calibur of the big ones. Any ship going to Seattle has to pass. There is another fort across the inlet. Huge complex of tunnels and bunkers there. You can even rent barracks for group events to sleep in. A old light house is there also. I guess these solid mount guns we nearly obsolete in a couple years when they invented guns that could change degrees. Look it up. Fort Ebe and Fort Casey....neat story if your into history.

Local utilities company has been going to town replacing poles. Here they ae pulling the pole then vac trucking out the hole. Then popping a ne one in the hole. All to avoid our water and manure line with a auger.

20140721_101158_zpsyqod4qwe.jpg

The old hand crank A we had had a 540 shaft on it

The pto on a cub spins at engine speed and direction (backwards to standard pto direction). I've never heard of anyway to convert them but I'm no cub expert either.

Smaller tractors like the A and B had the small 1 1/8 diameter 540 shaft for the first few years of production then switched to the larger 1 3/8 shaft.

Our day. SO warm we mowed at 11 till 5 (180 acres, 3 mowers) and started chopping at 4:30. Went till 8 then we were beating the drying.

20140729_144301_zpspogssuft.jpg

Getting a little ditch hay I cut. Just blowing it up as he goes out of the field.

20140729_192921_zpstgwt7xer.jpg

20140729_194936_zpsvductfy1.jpg

Dad raking. We used to rake with the 464G.....only tractor that can run it that's free. The 1066 needs Hydraulic attention then it would be a nice raking tractor I think.

20140731_185142_zpsfdhuoi22.jpg

Yeah...see them cool wet rags on the motor? Speed controls sometimes aint so great. Motor spins so slow it dont get cooling effect of the fan. Tripped it out for 20 min....with 2 strings left of course!

FIRST COWS!! Some close up cows from up the road. We will put the close cows in here next week then remodel their barn and make a new maternity area for them. Old one is to small. Then put them back and put fresh cows here.

20140731_093450_zpssvlpjmfr.jpg