life in our corner

TroyDairy

On 7/15/2021 at 7:56 AM, pt756 said:

Hello Troy, if i understand your post, that was planted 8 days ago? if so it sure looks nice, that doesnt happen in central wis, the best we can do is seed our alfalfa , clover grass and so on and hopefully 40 to 60 days later harvest a light hay crop. or a lot of seeding is put in with a nurse crop, oats, triticale and peas, so you end up usually with a overripe nurse crop with new seedings mixed in, still tested 14 percent protein , seems that when the perfect harvest date is close we end up with rain making the fields to soft,

No no no😂   We had cut it 8 days earlier before this photo.  It was 50ish day when it was cut.  Same as you guys basically.

Well the yellow pup got hit by a berry worker Tuesday.  Kinda shippy deal he was just starting to be a dog dog and the puppy was going out.  Brother visited with guy along road when moving irrigation and he stepped right out from in front on the truck into a car.  Even wreaked the car pretty good.

Had family reunion last week.  Older gen of dads was reminiscing about making rope as boys for Gpa to sell.  We never heard that!  Machine still in old shed even.  Here is a piece we found at uncles farm.

I met a cool fella campin last month.  He has tese cooooo ans comfy cruiser bikes for sale.  300 for both!  Great buy!  Hot stuff has on just like it so we match! 😁  The 2nd went to neighbor for his birthday from his wife.  They are 300+ per bike locally. About 1.7 hr S just outside of Seattle. They both were mint.

Got heifers....so dry i sunk in sand around corrals.  Had to get loader to tug.

Teaching!

First time I've gone to the Border in a year-and-a-half my brother-in-law sold some cows to the dairyman right across the line from him literally 200 yards away from each other.  we get to the Border and the Customs agent flat lied to him the paperwork he needed and the farmer what paperwork he needed.  so for 4 hours we sat there 5 miles from the farm and 90 degree weather then finally said bag it and went home.  what a Despicable display of Public Service.  Hope a few grand for a broker will let the deal go next week.

Corn is lookomg great where we can get water to it 

Not sure why flipped...?  Hard to see.  The chopper for the Spotted wing drophosis (sp) fly will be sitting on a truck reloading afyer this swath.  Has big tank and etc on a T800.  Then on top of tank is a platform.  He lands and sits at 50% id guess throttle and a guy reloads.  I dont have a clue how much cap the chopper tank has.  They spray every 5 days now with fruit on and they look wet when done.  Dont want to drive through since it will knock off fruit with a pull along sprayer.

Anyone else see the irony in this sad pic?  He was begging at Safeway across the road.....under a help wanted sign.  We did few things and 15m later he was at the McD drive up begging....see back ground?  The DQ, Subway, BKing, 2 grocery stores, Mexican restaurant, $ store, pizza place, bbq place, and 2 of 3 parts stores within 1000' of him honestly have Help Wanted signs out.  When he asked me i just shook my head and said "not today man".  Had the shiver, twitch of a meth guy.  Sad and ridiculous all at once. 

20210729_111320.jpg

20210718_150922.jpg

20210727_102724.jpg

20210719_131045.jpg

20210728_092157.jpg

20210715_072850.jpg

20210721_071518.jpg

20210721_071922.jpg

20210727_102716.jpg

20210721_182001.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been busy..

Irrigating...ugh, Fair, 4th cut, irrigating,  fixing.

Supposed to camp few days soon.  Hope fit it in!

Always mixed up!  The 1456 is neighbor custom guys baby.  Pretty clean rig.  

The 4h pics are all over.  They moved dairy into newer barn at fair now.  We go 5 days then beef 5 days.  Few bugs but well figure it out.  Girls did well.  1 got 2nd in fit and show and other was 5th iirc out of 11.  Type....dad pics DAIRY cows not SHOW cows.  All 3 were middle of pack.  There was decorating cow contest.  She a Milk Maid.  Other is a MAGA😁

4th was shockingly heavy.  The 2x a day 7 day moving water paid off i guess.  Gets old moving reels at 9pm but is what it is.  Could flip burgers I suppose.

Did the 1000hr serv on the 185 Puma....fuel filter caused sin.  I frankly forgot about them when we got it last year.  2500hr and i bet OEM.😖  Like welded on.  Did all the fluids and such.  I am fretty about the cvt and oil.  I guess they are "hard" on hydro oil.

Yep crocs and a tank-ini pulling calfs.  

Gun cart loader up with corn and tipped enough to make flipper quit.  Flooded a swipe.  What a mess.  4x and diff locks to pull reel out to get corn off and properly water that swath.  Broke a few welds even.

Ol Charlie. 

20210810_201052.jpg

20210813_121320.jpg

20210814_123809.jpg

20210810_113035.jpg

20210812_061446.jpg

20210810_165456.jpg

20210814_113210.jpg

20210818_133028.jpg

20210812_175615.jpg

20210812_180416.jpg

20210802_161551.jpg

20210810_194631.jpg

20210814_115223.jpg

20210809_151711.jpg

20210810_194635.jpg

20210814_115748.jpg

20210806_093211.jpg

20210810_200052.jpg

• Like 5

that 1456 is niiice!

I liked the showing pictures. Our daughter Theresa showed (intensely) when she was that age. Usually took showmanship, but got creamed in the classes. Always showing our own breeding. Not last, but never won. So she decided to buy a "real" show calf. Bought a baby calf with Canadian breeding (generations of Ex and VG behind her) at the club sale. Calf/cow was tall and the judges liked her. She would milk OK for about 6 mos and then dry herself off. Took 3 or 4 generations to breed some milk into her line. When the Canadian was 3 yr old class, another one of Theresa's (our breeding) was in the 4 yr old class, with an excellent udder, and the 4 yr old beat the 3 yr old. Red letter day.😀

• Like 2

Good information Bill, such things made me not fond of livestock showing. Family always had beef cattle. I never went out and bought a steer for the show ring. Never did real well in the show ring always in the middle or a little lower. My last years as a graduated senior they started a carcass class as well as the judging in the show ring. Had the second placing steer out of 100+, some having cost considerable than market price for feeder cattle.

Never spend big money for my kids, but my daughter took a liking to showing.  Stayed with 4h as leader after she was to old to show. Has stayed with it and now her oldest will be ready in one more year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

20210828_113053.jpg

20210823_201544.jpg

20210826_052215.jpg

20210823_201609.jpg

20210827_133646.jpg

20210828_075151.jpg

20210826_063511.jpg

20210826_091413.jpg

So words were lost!  And pics are not even close to how I shared em...

Truck hit 100k yesterday when we were camping at friends inland.  

Old beef farmer fella Bill was baling on a bench an still uses her to rake.  He is the model of shoestring ranching.  Dont worry...he has a 2019 2500 chev in the garage and bakes with a 60s wire tie NH and near new JD 100hp rig😁   He broke both baler needles same time.  So he welded them up and crossed his fingers.  Finished the field....ugly bales but they were bales 

Girls picking sweet corn Monday pm to sell tue.  Bad year for it here, everyone's is poor.

Hard to see, moving irrigation at 430am and raining😁   friday when we were gone we got .2".  Still silly dry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thought this maybe archived so figured Id stop and post.

Sadly I see "men" like OT still here.  Maybe I'll check in later.  I just dont need to see those types anti-ag/farmer crap in my life.

Miss some of you.  You all have a great spring!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Thought this maybe archived so figured Id stop and post.

Sadly I see "men" like OT still here.  Maybe I'll check in later.  I just dont need to see those types anti-ag/farmer crap in my life.

Miss some of you.  You all have a great spring!

I for one (I’m sure others would agree) sure miss seeing your posts!

I know it’s hard dealing with people like that, but there is a lot more of us out there that really enjoy seeing what goes on in your world!

I also know that it takes time and effort to post, I would like to post a lot more either on my own topics or responding to other peoples topics but I just don’t seem to get the time to do it! Life is just too busy!

I look forward seeing more of what goes on in your corner, if of course you feel up to sharing it with us!

I thank you for everything that you’ve posted so far, it’s been interesting!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Troy, I was curious of your where abouts and what's happening out there in the northwest...

• Like 3

Was just thinking about you yesterday Troy. Hope all is well. Was wondering. 

• Like 1

Glad to you post on here Troy. I have always enjoyed your posts and seeing your style of farming. Thanks for taking the time to post.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just keeping from archiving. 

IHRunner still around?

70% of America feel county is on wrong path.  Hope they remember on November 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Hope they remember on November 

NOT IF our 'friends' in the MEDIA have anything to do with 'helping' the sheeple "remember'.

In fact, their (the MEDIA's) main operating principle IS 'Ignorance IS strength", when it comes to 'reporting' the 'truth'.

Your own Seattle Times is a perfect example.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 8:52 AM, Rainman said:

Troy, I was curious of your where abouts and what's happening out there in the northwest...

Nw corner of WA.  1.7 miles from canadistan and 20 from puget sound.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Nw corner of WA.  1.7 miles from canadistan and 20 from puget sound.

Hi Troy 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I can vouch Troy is alive and up to his usual tricks, Friday I'm in his area, staying in my own lane, minding my own business, out of no where comes a big white KW swerving at me trying to run me off the road. Good thing or i would have drove right past him. Anyways we a good BS session.

• Like 1