life in our corner

Cant ever get order of pics in order!

1. Got the new to us Puma.  Think we got the McCormick sold so good timing.  Worked great on mixer for the week.  Stacked with it and no glitches so happy.

2. Church campout!  25 families so big group.  Lots of fun.  Just 12 miles up the hill at this place a church denomination had donated to it.  So nice!  Quiet and still close by.  Breakfast time!

3. The 185 was a bit too wide for stacking...so within 24 hr she got the demo saw!  Flipped fronts out to so it could turn.  

4. Last Thursday we got 3/4" in hour.  Jsut sickening.  Did grass this wed and moqed around as many puddles as 1st in may for 3rd cut.  Spots we have not mowed since last oct!

5. Got the tires out from under it.  Feels and looks better.  The 170 behind her has just tick under 15k hrs.  When her door fell off it made us realize we need to update sooner than later.  And modern ones are just going up like crazy.  Should of did tractor 5 years ago frankly.  Now no one will give us nothing with 10k ++ hrs on most machines.

6. Ugliest new seeding ever.  Coold and wet and soft.  Terrible yield so tossing 120# of N on today beforw irrigating.  Yep..now we need to irrigate after wettest June ever.  Wind and 80 dried us out quick!  I would NOT rec Hymark Fescues.  Stick with Cora.(forget brand) way more impressive 

20200710_111333.jpg

20200711_175243.jpg

20200711_175240.jpg

20200710_132335.jpg

20200709_065633.jpg

20200710_140750.jpg

20200716_053901.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well crap.  Went to look how he was at 9.  He didn't make it.  Called vet....figured liver was taxed with that infection.  It grew fast vs yesterday.   Well the stress on liver then stress of getting

Merry Christmas to you guys too..... Me and the oldest are having a nice evening watching "I Love Lucy" on Amazon prime.  Her teacher plays a episode 2x a week during lunch break.  She just crack

I was 16 even when I left.  So it wt 15k even.  A load of heifers is 28 to 29000 so not way dif but def different.  On the plus it doesnt move around when your driving!  I will say I would not repeat

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Vet day for the flea bags...

Finally got car out this summer.  Well summer didnt start till july 15 here.  Only 1 fsmily member wanted a ride...!

The 13yo now is scrapping dry cows....finally! 

Cleaned a ditch last week.  Owner was in rush to unload

Irrigating corn now

Berry picker across the st.  $180k now..this ones a 87.  Thats my 13yo...1st job for some one else.  Says shes doing well.  He only has few ac so she just helps couple hrs here and there

Went inland camping for few days with friends

Got puma185 all set like we required.  Working great

Brother's girls got a pup

Original cvt

Resized_20200728_094611.jpeg

20200719_135517.jpg

20200728_082749.jpg

20200719_132453.jpg

20200724_075050.jpg

20200720_131126.jpg

20200726_131858.jpg

20200731_152346.jpg

20200729_205122.jpg

20200720_075921.jpg

20200722_162952.jpg

20200727_072951.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SJH said:

How's the new iron treating you ?

The 210 has had some quirks.  Hoping we got it all situated 

The 185 was perfect then the FnR lever broke.  But its been good.

They are so quiet.  And soon as you are used to the cvt it really niceto use

• Like 1
On 8/2/2020 at 3:23 PM, TroyDairy said:

Resized_20200728_094611.jpeg

20200728_082749.jpg

20200719_132453.jpg

20200726_131858.jpg

My goodness how time gets away from us.  Your beautiful daughters are growing up so rapidly.  Hug and keep them close now, it will not be long and all you will be able to do is hug them, and then some other will get in the way of dad and you will be handing him your daughters hand. Beautiful family.  Again, never fail to give those daughters plenty of hugs.

And get some air in the Nova's front tire in the event the oldest daughter wishes to take her for a test drive.

• Like 2

so troy have you been following this milk pricing joke? last month class 3 was about 21 bucks, factory took off between 3 and 4 dollars for the ppd, this month class 3 was supposed to be about 24 dollars, milkman told me that the ppd will be almost 5 dollars this month, what a bunch of b.s.

13 hours ago, pt756 said:

so troy have you been following this milk pricing joke? last month class 3 was about 21 bucks, factory took off between 3 and 4 dollars for the ppd, this month class 3 was supposed to be about 24 dollars, milkman told me that the ppd will be almost 5 dollars this month, what a bunch of b.s.

Yes the new usda program is ridiculous.  I dont know details how it was came apon.  Dang system is so over complex its not funny anymore.  And everytime someone trys to make it modern and better the International Dairy Foods Association (private processors) spends milluons fighting and stopping any real change.  I assume some coops are making $$ off it since they make more cl4 vs cl3.

Like my coop....id call a board member but....do i trust their answers anymore?☹

so our plant makes all cheese, and has a a couple of stores, milkman said cant keep the stuff on the shelf, plants that make cheese had to of made a killing on this the last few months, you recall 1 dollar cheese and in a little while rose to 3 bucks, we all know that's not sustainable either, plants are never going to pay 30 dollars a cwt. this kind of sounds like the meat packing business that went on. even my neighbor who  contracted his milk for a much lower price had the ppd taken off last month, so what good would a contract be then? one big factory around here did get a quite a few guys contracted for 15 dollars the rest of the year, did that back when this all started, lots of unhappy guys out there now.

3 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Yes the new usda program is ridiculous.  I dont know details how it was came apon.  Dang system is so over complex its not funny anymore.  And everytime someone trys to make it modern and better the International Dairy Foods Association (private processors) spends milluons fighting and stopping any real change.  I assume some coops are making $$ off it since they make more cl4 vs cl3.

Like my coop....id call a board member but....do i trust their answers anymore?☹

The latest adjustment to the make allowances was to benefit the processors, and benefit it did! Everyone who sells milk through a FMMO should go back and look at their milk checks for the last two years. How much have you lost through PPDs? Go on line and check the official FMMO web sites for all of the Federal Orders. The info is there for all to see. The money we give back every month does not go to farmers in other Federal Orders, it effectively goes to the processors. When the negative PPDs were in the negative $.40 to $.80 range, it was very easy to ignore it, even if you are given to looking at your check stub every month. When the PPDs grow to the negative $5 to $9 range, all of a sudden we are talking BIG money. 

It is time to make noise.

Keith-

• Sad 2

Kids...summer!  We neeed a diving board dad....

Hes got it all covered!

Someone....sighh...i think i know who.  Put fuel into BOTH ss hydro tanks.  Was wondering why was all messy then realized.  Brother looked at other one at his place and sure enough.  Drained like 25 out and added 14.....then drained 14 and added 14 again.  Have to do in few eeks again i guess.  Drain plugs are tooooaast so just pulled psi hose off and pumped in buckets.

Cut 4th today.  Older mower startedand then instant blew conditioner bearing....had to hire guy to help with a R420 jd.  

20200817_105954.jpg

20200814_123312.jpg

20200817_140420.jpg

Troy, Never thought I would see the day with this is Lynden.

Should be “All life’s matter”

FA3D1865-44A7-4FD6-8E57-C277F1BE750C.jpeg

• Sad 2

Yeah it's the most illogical thing ever upper middle class white people complaining about the plight of someone they've never met in or no and I guess if you go talk to them and say what about the fact the overwhelming majority of minorities are killed by minorities and the overwhelming majority of minorities were more police in their communities they get mad

• Like 1

Finally did 4th.. really heavy crop because we waited an extra five six days and now we'll do it last cutting the end of September we normally get six but I think Will Survive every cuttings been pretty heavy it's just the first one was quite late.

Went to a friend's place on the dry side of the mountains for the weekend found these gems

so the Puma had pretty dry rotted tires from sitting outside its whole life one of them gave way on our nephew when he was loading the spreader they have one in stock and will take 4 weeks to get the next one I don't know what the heck's going on with this world

We got a smoking deal on a whole bunch of 3-phase fans from a dairy that went broke here so we added a dozen fans to the Barnes apparently we're 5 amps over what are fuses are rated

The late June planted corn has grown feet in the last 2 weeks but I'm still waiting for that ear I only got about six more weeks and we'll chop it either way I guess

stray dog showed up at our friend's property and they remembered it was one of the neighbors so we went and dropped it off the man had 26 70s F-250 and each one with the neat story the orange one is a sister to the one my friend in the photo has it's a factory automatic truck I guess that's virtually unheard of in those Crew Cabs

20200818_102405.jpg

20200818_183736.jpg

20200821_145808.jpg

20200821_145720.jpg

20200824_135052.jpg

20200819_113339.jpg

20200826_110434.jpg

20200822_102013.jpg

• Like 1

Praying for a indian summer and get the corn matured!  Supposed to be 80s so looks good 2weeks guess.

Filling earth lagoon.  Built tank now...wanted cement but got grant for steel.  Hauling out the dried now manure from the bottom.  Mainly organic matter.  Have to pull liner out before filling.

20200904_122330.jpg

20200904_122321.jpg

20200904_104714.jpg

20200904_101345.jpg

20200904_074253.jpg

20200904_101349.jpg

20200904_104701.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We finally bite the bullet and got a 2nd tank.  Used from one of the many guys closing last few months.  4500 Mueller.  We took door out and set it where old parlor was.  We had already set the drian and water in there just in case.  The coops new hauling plan is $1000 more per month so worth it.  Need longer pickup times and ability to hold more than 3 milkings.  Took awhile to frame it in since its summer and we are busy.  Dad did aloot but prob last deal.  Just alot of mistakes he never would of did 10 years ago.  But it is what it is. 

Made some marshmallows on the peat.  Smokey....the one big fire inland was in wheat county so it burnt straw stacks and stubble.  Makes incredible smoke.

Brother put the grapple back on the 210 loader.  We have never seen or used one before. Pretty handy...he got black berries knocked back and moved a stump pile.  We had 2 bales i fumbled bad and tore to heck.  That grapple is slick for that.  Grabbed them and gave to FFA kid across way for his angus.  Dry cow were too snooty to eat em.  They already were warming up...

Place we rent has 2 acres of barns dumping the down spouts to 1 spot.  No comment needed.... so this spot is a swamp here with 48" of rain.  So we got 2 rolls of 4" and bummed a excavator.  3 hrs and prob fixed.  Of course he thought we should x n y and spend a and b.  We said cheap and easy..not our property.  

Stack of silage at heifer growers this morn.  Almost done...smoke worse there.

Hard to see...2 or 3 4wheelers and all pickups at drys.  Kids either scraping or feeding calves....kinda our end of day thing/bs session.  Schools been going Great and kids love being back.

20200910_185316.jpg

20200914_151017.jpg

20200910_162531.jpg

20200914_150425.jpg

20200907_171509.jpg

20200914_150421.jpg

20200916_114540.jpg

20200918_085256.jpg

20200917_151505.jpg

May i ask, how much the blue crap tank cost? Just curious.

Guy that we know used to farm and dairy. He was a AOS Smith dealer's salesman's best friend with the amount of blue stuff he had. He had 2 of those slurrystores as well as 7 blue silos. Went broke in 2006. Had to sell the cows, equipment and good percentage of the land to pay stuff off. Manged to hang onto 84 acres where his house is now which we work. All that stuff sits empty and unused since he sold. Not that the blue silos are worth much. But maybe the crap tanks are?

9 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

May i ask, how much the blue crap tank cost? Just curious.

Guy that we know used to farm and dairy. He was a AOS Smith dealer's salesman's best friend with the amount of blue stuff he had. He had 2 of those slurrystores as well as 7 blue silos. Went broke in 2006. Had to sell the cows, equipment and good percentage of the land to pay stuff off. Manged to hang onto 84 acres where his house is now which we work. All that stuff sits empty and unused since he sold. Not that the blue silos are worth much. But maybe the crap tanks are?

If you have to move one they are worth $0.

This is a FSA EQIP grant thing.  Our CD office is amazing and helped us get 99% paid for....its silly I know.  But if the damn govt makes all these $$$ regs they best help us to be in compliance imho.  This manure stuff is stupid $ i think and makes 0.  We use EQIp when we can.  Never got this much covered.  Frankly wed never of did it if no grant.  Should give us extra 45 days.  Uncles lagoon was 40% solids or worse.  His farm is on a main trib for the main river the tribe quips about constantly so if you are on the basin $ is avail for anything.  Silly 

What even dumber?  A cement one is $.09/gallon and a ste one is $.20 per.  The govt will pay $ .199 per for steel.  $.035 for cement.  So your out of pocket cost is double with cement.  As if someone at AO Smith got in somewhere with a fsa engineer.  Nonsense..cement is 0 maintainance and forever.  Steel aint lasting 50 years.  There are other co who make steel ones but they don't have dairy projects to prove they work.  But their technology seems better.  This one has 10 zinc anodes on the floor.  Hope they do the job.  The dealer is a little shady imo.  But hes only game in town and since the storage rules got adj hes sold tons.  So the crew ateast knows what they are doing.  2 3 from theme rest are Labor Ready guys.  Whew talk about dumb....and lazy.  2 walked off job since it was 90*.  Then Labor Ready will send them somewhere else tomorrow.....idiotoc.

Its 1.4m gallons apx $.23 per gallon total for tank and site prep/base.  

We just got approved for another since our main lagoon at farm is so old it "out of spec" now.  Be nice since we have built up to the lagoon.  Putting tank out away from barns.

• Like 1

Just trying to do our JOB then FD shows up cause they think lime dust is smoke.

Back to fire academy for smoke 101 class 

E16DDACD-9129-4AC4-8F7F-2424F6F7396B.jpeg

9 hours ago, 806 man said:

Just trying to do our JOB then FD shows up cause they think lime dust is smoke.

Back to fire academy for smoke 101 class 

E16DDACD-9129-4AC4-8F7F-2424F6F7396B.jpeg

Holy balls.....how stupid.  It looks NOTHING like lime.  What area?  There are several farmers in our area fire dept.

13 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Holy balls.....how stupid.  It looks NOTHING like lime.  What area?  There are several farmers in our area fire dept.

Ferndale exit. Eastside frontage road by the YMCA

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I ‘now I have been away for a long time, but the silage in the cab has to have a story. 

stay safe and get some rest. 

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, AKwelder said:

Okay, I ‘now I have been away for a long time, but the silage in the cab has to have a story. 

stay safe and get some rest. 

I was talking to kid with me.  Mike was on phone and didn't filp spout up at end like normal.  So when wecame into row boom.  It was knee deep....

• Haha 1