life in our corner

TroyDairy

On 2/22/2020 at 4:05 PM, TroyDairy said:

Normally a pretty thing.  That aint eye shadow.....crazy, 30 hrs ago everything was normal.

Thanks for the prayers guys.  We were gonna go see her but he said shes just whipped.  They got her up like hourly to make sure she was stable.  Out of ICU at 3 was plan.  CT said bleed quit....Maybe after church we can stop.

IMG_1152.jpg

OH MY GOD she is lucky (or unlucky)    Remember it was not too long ago a ex farmer in our county did the same thing with the result being the rest of his life in a wheel chair..   I hope someone starts a "Go fund me" for her and the kids.

• Thanks 1

Well...um Lord...its March 14 not January 15.......?  Al Gore lied to me I think?!  Now gust are in low 50s mph

Went so see wifes friend and daughter (odd bone cancer) Sunday at McD house.  Give your change.  Place is not great but sure a blessing when you live 2 hr away!  Pray for the mom...dad is...well i dont wanna get going on that.  But she is alone emotionally and on the edge my wifes afraid.  Hard on a family and kid.

Love to find the Engineers who thought telephone wires and mini relays were adequate for lights on a McCormick....how weve never had a fire is amazing.  Other one i swapped everythign to bosch style.  This one has cab lights redid but not headlight...yet

Screenshot_20200314-055854_Chrome.jpg

20200308_122050.jpg

20200310_135013.jpg

we had to rewire the lights on one of our mx120s it melted a couple relays plus the light switch it self should be heavier wire at least and they must have ran a special on red wire cause every wire is red on that thing.

• Haha 1

I know McCormick was pink on sale.  Most are pink with unreadable #.  Takes more to figure out what is what than fixing!

Got the online school thing.(for 0 reason this is so damn dumb)  it seems sketchy.  Pray it works.

So far we've had Home ec, horticulture, and physics (thats a knee board balanced on a swing....she learned aboit gravity) also a gymnastics class.

Been rough...teacher left school a bunch and got sited for smacking a kid.  2 got tossed for fighting.  One yelled at the principal.  We may move to a better district......

At least during this media induced "crisis" we have meat and potatoes

Should have the 9m barn rehab/add a few beds/elim the risk of falling from rotting out project done by Tuesday.  One tiny pour for stall beds yet then they can get in.   Of course the stalls are still in the barn of the guy who quit we boight them from...

Got Jerseys all corralled up...sold almost all but some old ones.  Never was impressed with them and guy wanted  "herd" to grow his hobby 150 cow dairy.  Its his big wig realtor kids tax shelter...  Nice guy and he was happy.

20200310_071212.jpg

20200318_091816.jpg

20200321_151850.jpg

20200321_093435.jpg

20200314_183254.jpg

20200315_081950.jpg

20200319_085333.jpg

20200319_085316.jpg

20200311_080201.jpg

• Like 1

Nice looking weather.  We have snow forecast for most of next 10 days.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, SJH said:

Well could be worse are little Chev Colorado saved myself and the other half and dog in a head on last weekend on the cow path !

Wow!  Where?  Coming by Tuesday.  If you got coffee around 630am...?

What happened?  That road is convenient but the state needs to spend less on grants for studying snails and make that road 10' wider so there is some room.  Maybe take the old viaduct out there? ?

Needed to get out last sunday.  Hiked this trail down to the tracks on Chuckanut bay.  There were a surprising amt of people at the parking lots.  Now they are closed.  Kids love the fact you really need to use the rope.

Hard to see but got hfrs Tuesday.  Sign says Stay Home, Stay Safe.  Its normally the snow/chain situation.  Best time Ive ever made.  Was like going at 1am there and back.  90% trucks and gas stations creepy ghost towns.  Our econ is toast here.  Several friends laid off now.

No Corona Virus here?

Hike to tracks...this thing is on them.  Greaser system for rails.  Why?  Very curvy area.....help with wear...noise i bet too.  To the rt is sea.

20200322_154618.jpg

20200324_121448.jpg

20200321_202159.jpg

20200322_161811.jpg

• Like 4

hello troy, so what do you think of todays prices. futures look terrible. is 12 bucks going to work? we now have lost almost 10 bucks a cwt. since the drop started, also around here the cull cow price dropped a lot since last week, are they dumping milk out by your area yet, got a  feeling that's going to be the next thing to happen,

5 hours ago, pt756 said:

hello troy, so what do you think of todays prices. futures look terrible. is 12 bucks going to work? we now have lost almost 10 bucks a cwt. since the drop started, also around here the cull cow price dropped a lot since last week, are they dumping milk out by your area yet, got a  feeling that's going to be the next thing to happen,

No one can do $12cwt.  Coop is having trouble keeping up actually.  28 loads (70k #) per week extra for bottling.  But since 1 day a week in usa goes overseas...no one knows whats going on so.....markets hate uncertainty.  Coop ships 30% iirc of ours to MX.  They are not shut down.  But ports in China aint unloading stuff.  Why?  Who knows?  

Cull cows here are like 75 to 80 cents walking.  Crazy high

Pray it gets normal soon.  Real soon

11 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

No one can do $12cwt.  Coop is having trouble keeping up actually.  28 loads (70k #) per week extra for bottling.  But since 1 day a week in usa goes overseas...no one knows whats going on so.....markets hate uncertainty.  Coop ships 30% iirc of ours to MX.  They are not shut down.  But ports in China aint unloading stuff.  Why?  Who knows?  

Cull cows here are like 75 to 80 cents walking.  Crazy high

Pray it gets normal soon.  Real soon

Troy Dairy.....could you elaborate for me  the' cull cow '  price please.....Presume you are  talking Lbs..as in weight ?  Managed to get nine cattle away...finally...R2's......Dairy /beef X...since the BS started, price has fallen from $6.20....down to $4.60...per kilogram....(and NZ  dollars)...taken a real hit.....and the other 30 odd R2's we will have to carry through the winter.....

BTW...lovely pictures of your troops.....though the cats being clutched  didn't look that pleased !!

Mike

Just now, mike newman said:

Troy Dairy.....could you elaborate for me  the' cull cow '  price please.....Presume you are  talking Lbs..as in weight ?  Managed to get nine cattle away...finally...R2's......Dairy /beef X...since the BS started, price has fallen from $6.20....down to $4.60...per kilogram....(and NZ  dollars)...taken a real hit.....and the other 30 odd R2's we will have to carry through the winter.....

BTW...lovely pictures of your troops.....though the cats being clutched  didn't look that pleased !!

Mike

Per pound.  On rail is carcass..thats apx 1.30/#  (pound)

Rz? 

13 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Per pound.  On rail is carcass..thats apx 1.30/#  (pound)

Rz? 

..good grief.....way under our cull cattle.....mind you ...can't get them processed   anyway...…

R2's =  Rising   two yr old...Thanks TD

Mike

13 hours ago, mike newman said:

..good grief.....way under our cull cattle.....mind you ...can't get them processed   anyway...…

R2's =  Rising   two yr old...Thanks TD

Mike

Oh?!  I was wondering the conversions.  I noticed when i grabbed a cpl things for Hot Stuff here that burger is $5++/lb in the store....wowza

2 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Oh?!  I was wondering the conversions.  I noticed when i grabbed a cpl things for Hot Stuff here that burger is $5++/lb in the store....wowza

TD...that   $4.60  per kilogram   is "on the hook " price....  'on the rail '...for you guys ??!!

Mike

• Like 1

Anybody else heard the packers in USA are at almost $600 profit per head on fat cattle. Just checking as there are only a handful that control 80 to 90% of kill here. On the same report live cattle prices of fat cattle down. Way past time for ant trust action by the government.

Troy before all but a handful of the biggest go broke, dairy  men need find a way to vote yourself a bit of money the coop seems to be hiding. Maybe tie the managements pay to you guys making a profit. From other comments here it seem the coop that in theory you own calls all the shots. Hope it gets better real soon.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well industry still a crap show....not much to do about it but work.  Sun shined, cow were hungry, field worked up nice, got shower after packed in new grass, baby calfs were born, cows were culled, milk was harvested and kids were growing.

Pic order isnt right...

Finnnally got the lights on the 8930 to work.  Sdman helped!  One of spades on back of light swith was burnt up no sending power to the hi/lo switch.  

Uncle said sure borrow the cultipacker....everytime a bearing is out...and they are a bugger.

Kids made this for school pride thing.  2% of school age children in the US are being educated today.  Our school (private) was way ahead of it and work good.

Plug under barn pipe.  Separater plughed then backed up so long did pipe.  Jetting it out.

red calf was for Youth fair they cancelled for the silliness.  Rumors rumbling about cancelling the main fair in Aug.  Just stupid factless based decisions out here.

Kids being kids

Turned some sod

20200408_091700.jpg

20200411_121807.jpg

20200408_091908.jpg

20200411_120651.jpg

20200410_145246.jpg

20200408_153643.jpg

20200407_154600.jpg

20200408_141708.jpg

20200407_185653.jpg

20200407_194058.jpg

• Like 2

Have a great Easter with your immediate family Troy. The miracle of today is what life's all about

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bitty said:

Have a great Easter with your immediate family Troy. The miracle of today is what life's all about

• Like 1