life in our corner

TroyDairy

On 11/28/2019 at 12:03 AM, TroyDairy said:

I got no pics!  Ny1468/ORIN stopped by.  Did mini tour and etc for few.  As expected another great rpm fourm member! 

For some reason I missed your post, had a great time up there on the tour. Wish I had more time. Different way of farming there compared to here. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to drive around and show me the area! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NY1468 said:

For some reason I missed your post, had a great time up there on the tour. Wish I had more time. Different way of farming there compared to here. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to drive around and show me the area! 

He is a pretty good tour guide....

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

I would be referring to the flow adjusters.  The cable siezed up and lever broken.  I put the manual knurled knobs on 2 of them but they won't hold.  This is mixer tractor...want lock hydro to like 75% for conveyor.  It works to 100% and just rattle chain to death.  Heck 50% might make it in to 1 manger even.  I need to pull the entire valve body I've been told.  Re oring it and then they hold their setting.  Have 0 use in moving them after they are set anyways.  One thing thats neat about the MX and on generations.....electro over hydro.  Infinite adj with finger tips.  Till it dies at least 

Just a thought Troy, could you just put a flow control in the hose somewhere? Just thinking that it would be cheaper/easier than a valve body rebuild. 

4 hours ago, 12_Guy said:

Just a thought Troy, could you just put a flow control in the hose somewhere? Just thinking that it would be cheaper/easier than a valve body rebuild. 

Are there simple inline ones?  Never thought of that....duh

18 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Are there simple inline ones?  Never thought of that....duh

53B8DD21-6E6A-4889-84B6-B1BEAED59729.thumb.png.d2893c733184f808dd7312cb0e17696b.png

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 9:44 PM, TroyDairy said:

I would be referring to the flow adjusters.  The cable siezed up and lever broken.  I put the manual knurled knobs on 2 of them but they won't hold.  This is mixer tractor...want lock hydro to like 75% for conveyor.  It works to 100% and just rattle chain to death.  Heck 50% might make it in to 1 manger even.  I need to pull the entire valve body I've been told.  Re oring it and then they hold their setting.  Have 0 use in moving them after they are set anyways.  One thing thats neat about the MX and on generations.....electro over hydro.  Infinite adj with finger tips.  Till it dies at least 

Could you put a spring clamp on the knurl knob is such a fashion that it wouldn’t rotate?  I have a “self adjusting” flow control on the back of my MX170 and that was my low buck solution.  Just hold it in place with a spring clamp.  Can get it to stay in about any position I need to.  

20 hours ago, Gearclash said:

Could you put a spring clamp on the knurl knob is such a fashion that it wouldn’t rotate?  I have a “self adjusting” flow control on the back of my MX170 and that was my low buck solution.  Just hold it in place with a spring clamp.  Can get it to stay in about any position I need to.  

Spring clamp?  There is about 1/4" between the knobs so its tight.  

It has to unload both directions.  So....have to have  valve that controlled both ways.  But...going to the lf is for 1 manger...wont hurt for it to be fast for 4 min to do that pen.  Rest is to right....it would help chain last longer if slow roo.

• 2 weeks later...

20191219_165856.jpg

20191218_190116.jpg

It was 34 and pouringgggg but we jist had yoo many sacks and etc in commodity barn.  Old twine roasting on a open fire....

Charlie is a weed.  And a pill.....forgot the rambunctiousness of a lab pup!  Girls want to spend some more sweet corn $ on trainer...i am agreeing?

Case 621 rental....I'll stick with deere loaders.  It musta had a hars life for only 9k hrs.  See why they cant sell it.  Clunky and slow

Putting the rarest items in America back on my loader, the shields. I swear 90% of the ones for sale are missing all these belly and side ones

Got entire scraper system from widow of another dairyman locally.  This barn had a single big drive for four alleys it just seems like it's always something so we took one of the drives we bought and split the system it's already working a little better

This flyer came out the other day and it is staggering how expensive work trucks are now thank the cheapest one is $48,000 for a gas flatbed

20191209_154914.jpg

20191219_133054.jpg

20191217_131912.jpg

20191212_070730.jpg

Edited by TroyDairy

7 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

20191219_165856.jpg

20191218_190116.jpg

It was 34 and pouringgggg but we jist had yoo many sacks and etc in commodity barn.  Old twine roasting on a open fire....

Charlie is a weed.  And a pill.....forgot the rambunctiousness of a lab pup!  Girls want to spend some more sweet corn $ on trainer...i am agreeing?

Putting the rarest items in America back on my loader, the shields. I swear 90% of the ones for sale are missing all these belly and side ones

Got entire scraper system from widow of another dairyman locally.  This barn had a single big drive for four alleys it just seems like it's always something so we took one of the drives we bought and split the system it's already working a little better

This flyer came out the other day and it is staggering how expensive work trucks are now thank the cheapest one is $48,000 for a gas flatbed

20191209_154914.jpg

20191219_133054.jpg

20191217_131912.jpg

20191212_070730.jpg

What’s with the case loader? Trucks are getting made from unattainium as far I’m concerned. Crazy money if you want a loaded up Desiel... you can spend over $100k?

I like your reaction..

• Haha 1

I to am curious about the Case. We have a 621B with 15k hours now

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NY1468 said:

What’s with the case loader? Trucks are getting made from unattainium as far I’m concerned. Crazy money if you want a loaded up Desiel... you can spend over $100k?

I fixed post

https://www.farmersequip.com/search-equipment/Lynden-Washington-2002-Case-621D-[2313318]/

Just rental...But it was just clumsy and slow.  None of us liked operating her.  It had a hard life i think.  They haven't been able ro sell it for 2 or 3 years.  See why....Pins on hinge and steer are toast.  Lights terrible, slow hydros.  I would def demo a new one for a bit if i was looking at Case.  Case construction is rare here.  Dealers kinda floated...newer one in Seattle is being aggressive.  Even sent me a unasked for qoute specified to dairy use.  Was cheaper than a Cat or JD but still $$

On 12/22/2019 at 1:07 PM, TroyDairy said:

I fixed post

https://www.farmersequip.com/search-equipment/Lynden-Washington-2002-Case-621D-[2313318]/

Just rental...But it was just clumsy and slow.  None of us liked operating her.  It had a hard life i think.  They haven't been able ro sell it for 2 or 3 years.  See why....Pins on hinge and steer are toast.  Lights terrible, slow hydros.  I would def demo a new one for a bit if i was looking at Case.  Case construction is rare here.  Dealers kinda floated...newer one in Seattle is being aggressive.  Even sent me a unasked for qoute specified to dairy use.  Was cheaper than a Cat or JD but still $$

Wasn’t that unit sitting on their lot this last Saturday? I was looking for 2nd unit. Stayed with a Deere from Idaho. Sent my guy to get it. What a bunch of BS dealing with permits from Idaho. image.thumb.jpeg.731fa2bd9e54a44bbcdf76684dbce83c.jpeg

On 12/23/2019 at 9:21 PM, 806 man said:

Wasn’t that unit sitting on their lot this last Saturday? I was looking for 2nd unit. Stayed with a Deere from Idaho. Sent my guy to get it. What a bunch of BS dealing with permits from Idaho. image.thumb.jpeg.731fa2bd9e54a44bbcdf76684dbce83c.jpeg

Yes they have had it for quite some time.  I guess for 2k a week rental they dont need to move it!?

Oh a H.  I have many say H is best.  Nicer cab than E but no electric mumbo jumbo like J.  J have bad rep locally.  But K seem good.  624 is just a tick to big for us.  I'd like a 544/524H....hi lift maybe.  In-law have 524K HL...kinda bouncy i think with bucket way out there.  Friend has 2 744H and now a 544H he stole from a recycling yard.  30k hours for 20k.  I should of got it...super clean machine and all it did was push up cardboard and pop cans. 

On 12/22/2019 at 1:07 PM, TroyDairy said:

I fixed post

F.E.C. sure is proud of their loader. I have had a 544H for the last 15 years with not many issues. The 624H deere was $10k less and 2000 less hours then F.E.C's . It was a Herc rental machine. I ran the S-N before purchase there isn't any record of any Deere shop work done it. I will be the 3rd owner of the machine. Tilt cylinder leaks plus pivot pin needs changing plus a couple of lights are out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 806 man said:

F.E.C. sure is proud of their loader. I have had a 544H for the last 15 years with not many issues. The 624H deere was $10k less and 2000 less hours then F.E.C's . It was a Herc rental machine. I ran the S-N before purchase there isn't any record of any Deere shop work done it. I will be the 3rd owner of the machine. Tilt cylinder leaks plus pivot pin needs changing plus a couple of lights are out.

You honestly did pretty good then!  Buddy says 624 are orphans.  Too small for his gravel pit but too big for guy like me.  May have a point.  544 are light enough to go on tilt deck so handy for job sites but too light for put work.  He's construction guy so diff needs diff job.   1 or @ RB auctions ago there was a clean looking 544E just like mine.  Only 10k hr on clock and pics showed it was correct IMHO.  Should of went down...$10000.  Really good price and E is just so nice and simple with out electronic stuff and steel hood and fenders, good for farm work.  A G is good but everyone says the dashes go out and couple other things since 1st gen with electronic anything.  Then neighbor has a 544G he got with dairy.  Had 18k on when he moved here in '02.  Hour meter blacked out in 09-08 and last he recalled it was 24000.  He guesses it has to be over 30k yet.  All original main parts.  It is 2nd unit now and feed couple loads o 2nd dairy.  He got a Komatsu 250 in 08 and been happy with it.

11 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

You honestly did pretty good then!  Buddy says 624 are orphans.  Too small for his gravel pit but too big for guy like me.  May have a point.  544 are light enough to go on tilt deck so handy for job sites but too light for put work.  He's construction guy so diff needs diff job.   1 or @ RB auctions ago there was a clean looking 544E just like mine.  Only 10k hr on clock and pics showed it was correct IMHO.  Should of went down...$10000.  Really good price and E is just so nice and simple with out electronic stuff and steel hood and fenders, good for farm work.  A G is good but everyone says the dashes go out and couple other things since 1st gen with electronic anything.  Then neighbor has a 544G he got with dairy.  Had 18k on when he moved here in '02.  Hour meter blacked out in 09-08 and last he recalled it was 24000.  He guesses it has to be over 30k yet.  All original main parts.  It is 2nd unit now and feed couple loads o 2nd dairy.  He got a Komatsu 250 in 08 and been happy with it.

I believe the weight difference is 3,500-4000 lbs between the 544 and 624.Between the 624 and 644 H it was 9,000lbs.  The 444 isnt heavy enough and get much bigger the the 624 I worry about breaking up concrete

54 minutes ago, 806 man said:

I believe the weight difference is 3,500-4000 lbs between the 544 and 624.Between the 624 and 644 H it was 9,000lbs.  The 444 isnt heavy enough and get much bigger the the 624 I worry about breaking up concrete

I was told 1x that 624 is a 644 with a 544 tail.  624 are longer would be my issue...bigger tires too so taller.  

7 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

I was told 1x that 624 is a 644 with a 544 tail.  624 are longer would be my issue...bigger tires too so taller.  

I thought the difference was one was a tool carrier and the other was a loader?  We use the 24s, I think, for forks.  The forks stay level while being raised, they don’t curl like a bucket

7 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

I thought the difference was one was a tool carrier and the other was a loader?  We use the 24s, I think, for forks.  The forks stay level while being raised, they don’t curl like a bucket

...humm....Tool carrier.  They are a TC in # usually. ..and have different tilt cylinders so you can see qtach better, an make them keep level.   I don't thiiiinks they lift as high either.  From my fuzzy mind so take with a salt block ?

On 12/25/2019 at 8:47 PM, TroyDairy said:

...humm....Tool carrier.  They are a TC in # usually. ..and have different tilt cylinders so you can see qtach better, an make them keep level.   I don't thiiiinks they lift as high either.  From my fuzzy mind so take with a salt block ?

Tool carrier has 2 cylinders instead of the big single cylinder, possibly loader pivot pin is higher. The obvious changes 544-624 is Engine air to air cooling bigger radiator, inline injection pump, heavier counter weight, Engine panels/hood wider-taller for starters.

36CFE88D-95F1-4BAC-A09B-072E30C33C81.jpeg

On 12/26/2019 at 9:50 PM, 806 man said:

Tool carrier has 2 cylinders instead of the big single cylinder, possibly loader pivot pin is higher. The obvious changes 544-624 is Engine air to air cooling bigger radiator, inline injection pump, heavier counter weight, Engine panels/hood wider-taller for starters.

36CFE88D-95F1-4BAC-A09B-072E30C33C81.jpeg

Ok...whay makes a 644 then?  Was thinking 2cyl tilt but couldn't recall exactly.  Did NOT think 544 to 624 was that big changes? 

Troy, 624 does weigh 4K lbs more then 544 so more then a heavier counter weight . Before  I saw it side by side with the 544 I would have said it was the same machine with different decal. 644 close to 40k lbs . so yes I can see why your buddy called the 624 an orphan it fits my needs just fine. 

• Like 1