TroyDairy

life in our corner

Funny how HGH is all the rage for making people “healthier” now but BGH was bad for cows and people.....

• Haha 1

Maybe we should not watch Cops.....

20181222_140305.jpg

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Maybe we should not watch Cops.....

20181222_140305.jpg

My three youngest "hunt " each other. The one pretending to be a deer , the others in a stand ( on a chair) 

• Haha 3

Sounds as if they are enjoying themselves

• Like 1

There is a WA Dept of Fish n Wildlife show on now.  Game warden....  kinda neat since i recognize areas.  The kids are fascinated by it.  Teaching them to listen to cops and 99% of the time no problems.

Pipe cleaner cuffs...they were doing something then came running into kitchen and she got her

• Like 1

Oh! To be a kid again!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Coop field rep called.  They had a store that wanted milk returned since it was dated 1/2/19 and the thought it wouldn't make it.  Stupid....its 14oz chocolate singles with UP and a 45 day shelf life.  So they got like 2 pallets back last week.  We got a box (12 pack) for each worker and ourselves....and kids classes.  So today i had to get something in town and figured why not?  Grabbed 6 more 12 packs.  So good!  It is in a cooler by the truck unloading area here.  I bet 50 boxes were still sitting there.

Cats....milkers spoiling em with hospital milk.  They cut a few little water bottle bottoms out for bowls for them.

In sad news my older got the stomach bug Again.  Had 10 days ago already.  In great news....inlaws party is tonight.  I will sacrifice and stay home with her dear. 😉😁

20181222_063739.jpg

20181224_142428.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Coop field rep called.  They had a store that qanted mulk returned since it was dated 1/2/19 and the thought it wouldnt make it.  Stupid....its 14oz choch singles with UP and a 45 day shelf life.  So they got like 2 pallets back last week.  We got a box (12 pack) for each worker and ourselves....and kids classes.  So today i had to get something in town and figured why not?  Grabbed 6 more 12 packs.  So good!  It is in a cooler by the truck unloading area here.

Cats....milkers spoiling em

In sad news my older got the stomach bug Again.  Had 10 days ago already.  In great news....inlaws party is tonight.  I will sacrifice and stay home with her dear. 😉😁

20181222_063739.jpg

20181224_142428.jpg

Glad to fall on that sword huh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have a Merry Christmas Troy, remember that our troubles here mean nothing in the end of times. Jesus is what it's all about. 

Hopefully everyone gets over the sickness ASAP

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Couldn’t have said that anything better Bitty. 

Mery Christmas Troy!

• Thanks 1

Merry Christmas to you guys too.....

Me and the oldest are having a nice evening watching "I Love Lucy" on Amazon prime.  Her teacher plays a episode 2x a week during lunch break.  She just cracks up.....still fever but no hurling.  I wonder (not really....like at alllll) how the sis in laws are all doing with some of their reaaaaalllly interesting friends they brought up for the party?  What a blessing (kinda sad too) I am so happy the PITA BIL and sister went away for Christmas and I have to miss the FIL's party to watch a sick kid.  Dont have to watch the "who can drink more wine" contest and who can say the most disparaging thing about ANYONE who dont align with their politics.  What a peaceful evening.  My folks Saturday was so 'chill' too with out my sis and her kids.  The children even noted it in the car there was no drama.  So much nicer than last winter!

So lets recall what Christmas is supposed to be about.  We all know Jesus wasnt born on this date, the wisemen never were in the stable, and Christmas started from a bunch a Pagan junk.  BUT, today is when as a culture DO [should] celebrate the GIFT of peace granted by Christ work and grace to us.   

• Like 7

1 minute ago, TroyDairy said:

So lets recall what Christmas is supposed to be about.  We all know Jesus wasnt born on this date, the wisemen never were in the stable, and Christmas started from a bunch a Pagan junk.  BUT, today is when as a culture DO [should] celebrate the GIFT of peace granted by Christ work and grace to us.   

Well said

Merry Christmas to you and yours 

• Like 1

As a faithful follower of this thread merry Christmas to all. May 2019 be better than 2018

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hotstuff wanted to go for supper and shop a bit for her birthday.  Thai food and real up scale store (value village).  Shed never been and actually was impressed.  Got new something and had fun.

Getting silage from uncles and just felt bad for the 7120.  5000hr and washed maybe 2x.  The inside is....gross as all heck.  One of 1st Magnums sold here.

The roof is actually growing moss

20181226_192711.jpg

20181227_105230.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Hotstuff wanted to go for supper and shop a bit for her birthday.  Thai food and real up scale store (value village).  Shed never been and actually was impressed.  Got new something and had fun.

Getting silage from uncles and just felt bad for the 7120.  5000hr and washed maybe 2x.  The inside is....gross as all heck.  One of 1st Magnums sold here.

20181226_192711.jpg

20181227_105230.jpg

Troy, That tractor be a good project for the girls. Some TLC a wash job some rubbing compound then a little wax and she B looking good again !!!

On 12/24/2018 at 4:06 PM, TroyDairy said:

Coop field rep called.  They had a store that wanted milk returned since it was dated 1/2/19 and the thought it wouldn't make it.  Stupid....its 14oz chocolate singles with UP and a 45 day shelf life.  So they got like 2 pallets back last week.  We got a box (12 pack) for each worker and ourselves....and kids classes.  So today i had to get something in town and figured why not?  Grabbed 6 more 12 packs.  So good!  It is in a cooler by the truck unloading area here.  I bet 50 boxes were still sitting there.

Cats....milkers spoiling em with hospital milk.  They cut a few little water bottle bottoms out for bowls for them.

20181222_063739.jpg

20181224_142428.jpg

Smart move !

Busy...wet...winnnndy last week or so.  7 to 8" is couple days and warmish so snow melt.  Some flooding but ok.  Prices look a litttttle better.  Not like good but...  2 dairies inland sold friday.  Smaller guys but long time familys.  Rumors all over but i ignore 80% of that.  Lots of talk little actions.  Fil sold 150 hfr friday at sale inland.  Havnt asked what he got for them.  Our refi looks emanate so it will free up some $....but for how long?   

Happy new year to me...water pump on farm truck went out!  Eve we just went to friends for snacks so that was good time.

She needs to fix flowers that got blew over in big wind storm last week.  About half mile from us.  We walk there...neat to see 1910 stones.  

Buddy got this while in CA for vacation.  Man....like candy store!

20190101_081435.jpg

20181230_161000.jpg

20190102_190151.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

am curious too about price were they dairy cows, see only one cow sale next week around here on priemers site, last week they sold 3 in one day all small hers 50 or so size, however sometimes they will all of a sudden have a short notice sale and 2 more herds will be there that day, I don't know if guys wake up that morning and say this is the day, our equity loss on cattle is terrible lately especially when it comes time to sell, and combine that with what appears to be a shortage of hay around here ,I believe that if cattle were decently priced more would sell, at these low prices and debt to service there is nothing to lose by waiting to see if prices  wull rebound some, plus the new mpp does sound better, don't know if it is better though.

Nasty weather here.  NE wind rain icky.  Had 3 nonrain days so dad thankfully hauled like 8 loads of dry cow manure out.  Its not thick enough to stack and not thin enough to pump.

Here for you bird lovers.  I assume she was lookinf at the aborted calf just below by the gate.  Must be hungry...

Little dusting in the small hills.  1000 apx.  Mtns been getting good snow....they just make sure they keep it up there!

20190108_102117.jpg

20190108_102113.jpg

20190108_100643.jpg

On 12/29/2018 at 9:06 PM, TroyDairy said:

20181226_192711.jpg

20181227_105230.jpg

Way to go, Troy!  Take care of the wifey, makes life better. 

That 7120 really looks good for the life it has lived. I would put it in my shed.

The inside is bad bad....just amazing how gross someone can tolerate..

Ace says "yip"....

Mid 50s and super nice, got go ahead from Conser office apply a bit.  

Watch i got from gift exchange for bible study group.  Not sure...I think ill break it.  But i am tired of getting phone out to see time always

Took kids to girls game friday.  Man they are good this season.  76 to 41 iirc.  Have not lost in 3 seasons but 2 year ago state champ game.

Not sure what to do....1991 chev, 170k, body rough, inside rough, 40k on trans, 10k on reblt frt end bushings, 10k on tires.  Blew head gasket between 6 an 8.  Heads were done at like 15k when warranty.  Real good ridge on cly and 0 hash marks.  1500 for reman.  So 2000 by time up and running if we do it ourselves.  Only like a hour of work to just take it out.  But here this truck maybe will get 2000 if for sale.  For 3 4k get decent and nicer similar one.  Got us scratching.....

Pic somehow aint in order

20190114_132413.jpg

20190114_132407.jpg

20190112_124608.jpg

20190114_110013.jpg

20190111_193853.jpg

The only way I could ever get a watch to last was when I wore with the face on the inside of my wrist not the outside

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, bitty said:

The only way I could ever get a watch to last was when I wore with the face on the inside of my wrist not the outside

That’s how always wore a watch 

• Like 1