life in our corner

TroyDairy

58 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Teaching....shes 9.  Plenty old enough.

20180821_112223.jpg

Better late than never...had kids on lap in Toyota it's a start. Hope you get rain....

I feel you on the smoke couple days last summer after a day of work, I was winded walking up the stairs. About went to Costco to test display couches in the a.c. and filtered air. I sure hope you get rain and reprieve... A nice out of the west would help...

Little showers today.  Cool sw breeze blew 80% of smoke up country Thur and friday.  We are set to mow Monday so..chance of showers all week now.

Wed was worse imo.  3:30pm.

Dad- where are your shoes kid?

Kid- we climbed (ground) corn pile and they slipped off in it and cant find em now.

Dad- good grief 

In her jamies too...just quick get bucket of sawdust for chickens....

Hope they show up in far off manger next week i guess. :)

20180822_164454.jpg

20180825_103519.jpg

• Haha 2

Several clear days last week but the last 2 almost as bad as your picture. Not even sure where the closest fire is anymore. Nothing I am aware of within 150 to 200 miles that is burning big.

Hope the weather cooperates with your feed cutting. Finally a few days cooler than normal and more pedicted after the run of 100 or better days for 3 weeks.

5 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Dad- where are your shoes kid?

Kid- we climbed (ground) corn pile and they slipped off in it and cant find em now.

Dad- good grief 

Hope they show up in far off manger next week i guess. :)

Ha! About five or six years ago, our three oldest children were playing in a muddy hay field and child #3, George, lost his shoe in the mud. They spent hours looking for it, but it never showed...until this spring when I was chisel plowing there. I brought it home where it was welcomed with glee, but now many sizes too small for George who is now 11 years old.

Keith-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1st day of kindergarten and 4th grade!  Got them cocoa too. 5th grader was too cool to take mail jeep in...?

Cool pic on FB

5th and 4th cutting today.  Got few showers....foreguess was for 0.  

IMG_6601.jpg

IMG_6603.jpg

FB_IMG_1535300118731.jpg

20180828_135957.jpg

Troy first day of kindergarten is bring back the memories. My youngest will turn 35 soon,so that was a while ago for me.

Mom took them as the district had move the whole neighborhood to a different school so the 3rd and 4th graders where not that at home ether. Mom was a little hurt the little guy get near the classroom and says "by mom see you latter" and walked off never looking back.

Looking back from just a little past 60 it was just yesterday. No matter how tough life is enjoy them as tomorrow they will be grown.   

• Like 2

My oldest, a girl didn't even say "by mom, see you later". The school bus door opened and she was on like a shot. My wife told her to stand on the steps for a picture, nope, that didn't happen lol. She did wave to mom as the bus drove off. Yes time fly's, it was 31 years ago, sure doesn't seem like it. She got married 2 months ago. Posted a picture on FB of me walking down the aisle with her. The caption said "I may now be a married woman, but I'll always be dad's little girl" and that she will be. :)

Getting ready for silage to start.  Drying good now.  Cool weather coming, sure feels like fall though now.  Neighbors berry place has a strike...bad deal.  All BS, crazy group trying to stir up drama.  So frustrating.  We got enough to worry about Lord...

Never noticed this at uncles.  Cool, matches the fridge in barn. ;)  used every day yet....both of em

Sitting by lab we use.  I think f100 chassis

Found 1 sandle...other one....?...

Loaded up tarps and baling twin in old KW and went to dump yard.  Love driving into a building and raising a truck all the way.. :)

20180904_074229.jpg

20180904_154542.jpg

20180831_074025.jpg

20180831_152347.jpg

• Thanks 1

Maybe the vet will find the other sandle when doing vet check.....or do you use an ultrasound

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:56 PM, ray54 said:

Troy first day of kindergarten is bring back the memories. My youngest will turn 35 soon,so that was a while ago for me.

Mom took them as the district had move the whole neighborhood to a different school so the 3rd and 4th graders where not that at home ether. Mom was a little hurt the little guy get near the classroom and says "by mom see you latter" and walked off never looking back.

Looking back from just a little past 60 it was just yesterday. No matter how tough life is enjoy them as tomorrow they will be grown.   

So True !  Mine grew up on the farm much like Troy's less the dairy , Thought those days would last forever .

Today my Son is 52 and My daughter 47 Grandkids 22, 20,18,13.

Life happens while we are making other plans .

Bless you & your family Troy

Tony

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ray54 said:

I have a 75 Chevy heavy half and 5 bolt, the 4x4 1/2 ton was 6 bolt.

Now i am wondering.....  He has had f100 gen fords there.  Its a 6 lug but dodge and ford used 5 till....90s..?  NOT a gm rear end since solid rear (no bolts).  Now i have to knock on the door next time i go to the lab!

20 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Now i am wondering.....  He has had f100 gen fords there.  Its a 6 lug but dodge and ford used 5 till....90s..?  NOT a gm rear end since solid rear (no bolts).  Now i have to knock on the door next time i go to the lab!

I bet it is all gm running gear it's cheaper to work on !

• Like 1

I think it looks like Ford frame ? Cross member is a tube , isn't that a Ford thing?

14 hours ago, jass1660 said:

98 and up are 6 lug. 

welll............so I looked at some pics and they are 5 still in 1998+.  SO indy frt suspension, manual hubs, 6 bolts.  So not GM, cant see torsion bar mnts, I thiinnk Jap 

I wonder if it is Toyo or something.... I WILL swing in in next few days and see again.  Driving me bonkers  ;)