life in our corner

TroyDairy

55 minutes ago, SNERLAND said:

Get a lot of coverage from the seed that way.

Bunch south of here yahoos.  They were getting READY to plant.  I took pic for proof the 2 on ground actually work....salesman..its hotly debated they actually do anything.. ;)

Guy up in hill a ways pumped manure, disc down, broadcast seed out, packed in, pumped some manure again at 3' over head, chopped.   Never heard how good it was but never did again!  Figured rotary heads who needs rows.

Gave in,  having local ih guy try getting this thing going proper.  I give up.  I think something is ary with the engine.  Like cam off a click.  Told him to treat as a mystery nonrunner.

And my bright idea.  Quick pull the trans to fix the leaky seal thats left it sitting for 10 years almost.   Broke oil sending unit off, noticed distributor bushings are bad, cant get cooler line loose.... great idea.

20180509_132429.jpg

20180508_133322.jpg

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Success.  I dont recall working on this at 14 being so frustrating..?

Cat watching..

20180510_145937.jpg

20180509_074535.jpg

Maybe but i bet you will have a big grin on your face when it hits the road again.☺

• Like 1

Busy...cut cover rye, 1st on low land, 2nd on high grd.  Now pumping tilling etc.  Stopped for 2 hr to host university tour.  30 kids, 26 "enviro science etc" majors..good grief.

Nothing make your wife look hotter than when she bringing you supper after long tractor day ?

Tension pulley on mower went monday night.  Local dealer....sighhh... 40m to dealer in BC.  Sat here waaay to long.  Guy in my booth must been new.  Asked 1 car 15m of ? then had him pull into inspection.  Dealer in BC ALWAYS has parts, dad n 2 boys, dutch, former farmer, and treats us like we buy everything there.  Whats not to like?  Gates were open at 7pm for me.  Was working on his boat.  Weve bought our last 2 mowers here.  Well worth driving imo.

Eagles, think this was female, they were mating later in day.  Never seen that.

Not in order but here ya go

20180517_171636.jpg

20180518_121225.jpg

20180518_162657.jpg

20180516_204529.jpg

20180514_102717(0).jpg

20180514_101533.jpg

20180514_175027.jpg

20180514_102715.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Busy...cut cover rye, 1st on low land, 2nd on high grd.  Now pumping tilling etc.  Stopped for 2 hr to host university tour.  30 kids, 26 "enviro science etc" majors..good grief.

Nothing make your wife look hotter than when she bringing you supper after long tractor day ?

Tension pulley on mower went monday night.  Local dealer....sighhh... 40m to dealer in BC.  Sat here waaay to long.  Guy in my booth must been new.  Asked 1 car 15m of ? then had him pull into inspection.  Dealer in BC ALWAYS has parts, dad n 2 boys, dutch, former farmer, and treats us like we buy everything there.  Whats not to like?  Gates were open at 7pm for me.  Was working on his boat.  Weve bought our last 2 mowers here.  Well worth driving imo.

Eagles, think this was female, they were mating later in day.  Never seen that.

Not in order but here ya go

20180517_171636.jpg

20180518_121225.jpg

20180518_162657.jpg

20180516_204529.jpg

20180514_102717(0).jpg

20180514_101533.jpg

20180514_175027.jpg

20180514_102715.jpg

I actually think you farm in heaven and you're just teasing us ! If so, tell my Angel thanks and don't give up on me I need him !

Beginning to think when You and Eric were here you were sent to check on me to see if my Angel was embellishing about how hard he had to work to keep me right side up !

Tony

• Like 1

This is a pump... 425hp Cat, like 1400gpm near mile away!  I cant reach fields he did.

Pumping on field going to corn before plowing it.

Kitties at 640 am waiting for kids to feed them ;)

Got 2nd fair calf for 2nd girl sunday after church.

Plowing under rye after chopping 

Very dry here!  Irrigating already.  Nervous.....

20180521_200212.jpg

20180523_163351.jpg

20180523_163358.jpg

20180521_063855.jpg

20180520_161359.jpg

20180520_155234.jpg

20180521_181942.jpg

• Like 1

I would share some of my excess moisture if I could

15 minutes ago, bitty said:

I would share some of my excess moisture if I could

me too. about 2 or 3 days a week that we can work in the field so far.

guys got to be careful around those manure pumps, just last Friday in central wis , I understand a guy was sitting in tractor must of been agitating the way it sounds and something happened the ambulance guy said it looked like a part of the pipe broke loose and was a projectile going forward, hit the operator and he died, ambulance guy knows nothing about farm equipment but tried to describe the best he could, not the first time I heard stuff went flying into the cab, guy was 20 years old.

• Sad 1

Troy, Getting dry to the south of you, Going over tall fescue seed Field 25 hour pull. Hopefully finish taters next week, Done with spinach and beans. 

86F4D6A5-305C-4B4C-98A8-51BACF2B804A.jpeg

On 5/23/2018 at 10:02 PM, pt756 said:

guys got to be careful around those manure pumps, just last Friday in central wis , I understand a guy was sitting in tractor must of been agitating the way it sounds and something happened the ambulance guy said it looked like a part of the pipe broke loose and was a projectile going forward, hit the operator and he died, ambulance guy knows nothing about farm equipment but tried to describe the best he could, not the first time I heard stuff went flying into the cab, guy was 20 years old.

My friend works for a custom manure application company. He shared some pictures a month or so ago of a similar incident. Evidently on the agitators/pumps when a valve gets closed there is a spike in pressure and a clamp on cap on the end of a pipe can blow off.

Man thats a bad deal.  Always something...

I hear you Brad we started last week.  Think earliest ever.  Dang wind here, been turning off since 50% wont hit ground.  Fine dust on corn fields, hard to see work.

Few from today n stuff....

Video too big..plowing old sod field after been ripped and rottatilled.  Just a pic

4 yotes in 20min..

20180525_171905.jpg

20180525_202739.jpg

Got most of last field plowed.  Some serious JUNK on edges we pushed into a little more.  Frikin remains of a chain link fence, cement on poles and all.  We'll just get out the ol 55 CHis Plow and disc after that.  People and 'burying' crap.  MAN IT IS DRYYY.  Field was ripped Friday, dust so fine the 8930 inside is a mess.  Door seal is only one I didnt replace last winter...idiot.  tripped a btm and felt something but could not see it till I stopped for a min for dust to clear.  I even lost the furrow 2 or 3x even since tail wind was rolling dust over me.  Calling for showers....we're praying for a 1". 

Sorry about the dryness in your area .  I remember dust moving with me if wind was just right sitting on all open stations of the time. 

Probably why I have had serious allergies since about 25 years old and about to have sinus surgery next August

We started irrigating in Feb and will every two weeks till Oct -Nov.

Even though I am suppose to be retired I still have 20 acres of 4th leaf Almonds that I farm and we are on a two week irrigation cycle and when surface water ends then it will be drip system running every ten days till Nov. Longer if it stays dry .

Getting ready to put down 51000 sq. feet of sc-250 road oil for dust control around new shop.

Tony

Hey be thankful you can 'hobby farm' still kid!

Got everything planted.  Praying for rain that us guessed for weekend.  May hook rv up, then rain for sure.

Field trip with 2nd girl today too....glad i can do that stuff.

Seen this on ship yards

20180526_121659.jpg

20180530_100103.jpg

20180530_113211.jpg

20180530_103147.jpg

Cleaning up field edge...again.  cottonwoods....ugh.  Rented field, been leased for decades.  We've had 7 or 8.  Winter really got trees this year.  Such a waste of 20' of land all around.  The day after planted he says, "you can cut them all".  Maybe next year. ...pic wont work....?

Kids working cleaning fair calf pen

An somehow i got wrangled into the savefamilyfarming.org parade entry with the fam.  We all as ag industry made a PR org to stop the insanity at govt level.  Got lots of cheers from folk.  Sign said we are the real environmentalist.....kids loved it.

Humm pics wont work today? 

Crazy, i see now all my photobucket pics that were in hostage have appeared...??  BUT my pics on phone wont transfer here now....

Been knocking holes in our vee in parlor.  Sig water leak from wash hose lines.  Dont ever use black pte pipe over 1" unless welding.  5th leak since installed in 13.  Clamps are joke and cant crush the wall tight enough to nipples. Going to put compression fittings on tomorrow and screw into the tee and toss nipple...far.  Had to cut the jack hammer 2 2x2' holes over where fittings are.  Frikking mess.  Dang cement is 8"+...we did it all in a rush so did not put enough fill in before pump truck got going.  

24 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Crazy, i see now all my photobucket pics that were in hostage have appeared...??  BUT my pics on phone wont transfer here now....

Been knocking holes in our vee in parlor.  Sig water leak from wash hose lines.  Dont ever use black pte pipe over 1" unless welding.  5th leak since installed in 13.  Clamps are joke and cant crush the wall tight enough to nipples. Going to put compression fittings on tomorrow and screw into the tee and toss nipple...far.  Had to cut the jack hammer 2 2x2' holes over where fittings are.  Frikking mess.  Dang cement is 8"+...we did it all in a rush so did not put enough fill in before pump truck got going.  

Go with PEX and metal fittings if you can. Around here the plumbing supply houses rent the tools.  Hundreds of times better, and tough.  We pulled a crew cab home with PEX as a tow strap

3 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

Go with PEX and metal fittings if you can. Around here the plumbing supply houses rent the tools.  Hundreds of times better, and tough.  We pulled a crew cab home with PEX as a tow strap

Parlor before us has had 0 issues but they built with time.  We did 100% facility in 10 days with cows walking around and etc.  Slam in and bury.  Bad idea.  We didnt even turn water on for 3 days after cement was poured....  Barn after ours was more thought out.  They built a manifold in equip room and ran 1 line to each hydrant with 0 clamps under ground.  Only 2 joints un dug currently.  Hope they stick.