life in our corner

TD, you've got to go FASTER over those wet spots... :D....Neighbor just started to workup ground next store this a.m. A red MF & Wil rich tillage implement. No pic.... :(

This afternoon he used a 756 to drill in what looks to be oats, I'll check tomorrow before rain.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well crap.  Went to look how he was at 9.  He didn't make it.  Called vet....figured liver was taxed with that infection.  It grew fast vs yesterday.   Well the stress on liver then stress of getting

Practice...of a better sport imho. The 5yo is "judging" em.  "It's the cow show olympics dad."  She has a dairy "cow book" magazine, timer, pen, and paper with tally marks on it.  

Well he still breathing.  Talked to son yesterday when he picked up a cow.  We all just want him to go frankly.  Looks ...icky...sad.  No more visitors he said.  So keep pauls family in prayers.

Posted Images

Rain, I tried but when a 20' spreader wheels stops loaded with 10 tons of manure......speed goes down pretty quick!

20140409_135923_resized_zpsrrlkt2l8.jpg

Prof from the tour sent me this. Safety 1st here...the lagoon surface is 3' to the lf!

20140410_151928_zpsrenhxsul.jpgURL=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Troydairy/media/2014-01/20140410_092258_zpsg31dmup3.jpg.html]20140410_092258_zpsg31dmup3.jpg[/url]

renting another 3ac piece to brown guy neighbor for baby raspberries. 1400/ac makes it hard to say no! Fumagator guy runs a 305 Mag. Neat setup

After church we decided to go for a 'little' cruise to Whidbey Island to look at a campground we're staying at with friends this summer. Then took the 30+ mile trex to 2/3 of the way down the isl to ride the 1/2 hour ferry to Everett WA just N of Seattle. The main Boeing facility is there. SHould of took pics of the biggest buildings in the world with the doors open and 777s looking tiny at their work stations.

Had to cross Deception Pass. Tourist mecca, was 65 and perfect so it was a zoo. Pass was names since Vancouver and his boys were convinced this may be the NW passage. I goes into a 100' cut between main land and isl. Water screams though it. I guess it has caught some boats during tide changes in the past..

20140413_154701_zpsi9uzy6ht.jpg

20140413_154708_zpsveei4cxn.jpg

20140413_154712_zpsfoheivzq.jpg

#4. Tom...how do you do it?

20140413_154717_zpsix2bntxg.jpg

Then the ferry in Clinton WA....

20140413_181043_zpsftw3bfsk.jpg

I thought the girl were gonna pee their pants when the boat docked. SO excited.

20140413_181610_zpszlq3gqmw.jpg

Kinda cool, they dont tie off (it appears) the engine is running fwd pushing into the dock as you load

Great scenery TD, Got to see the Pacific N. West someday. I love the coast of Maine and up to Nova Scotia, the coast of Washington looks similar except you have real mountains!

Upper Lf deck...

20140413_182900_zpsjxjaqggx.jpg

Its only 20-25 min.....apparently thats long enough!

20140413_183512_zpszae4pum2.jpg

Watching the wash in back (well or frt...they just switch directions)

20140413_184032_zpskdiicef8.jpg

Nice map of the isl. Clinton is the ferry dock and Penn Cove (by the little plane symbol is where our Heifers are) Several neat forts along W side to protect the sound in the 40s. Old gun mounts etc, neat parks now.

whidbey-island-map_zps3bd15f3c.jpg

Ok, I copied a pic from the bucket, opened RPF in a second window, then started topic. I use a MAC so there may be differences, I set the cursor below my message and added image. (command and letter V on a mac ) Then I previewed the post. Went back to PB. copied another pic, went back to RPF set the cursor 2 spaces below my message and typed "command V" again then previewed post now having 2 pics. Went back to PB and copied another etc.

So after the word "tires" in my intro message I hit "enter twice to make more of a "border" command V , preview, then back to PB copy again. preview. Each time I previewed I scrolled back to my original message and 2 spaces below the line "23.1 X 26 tires" hit command V again and posted another image so I was stacking one image above another. Clear as mud? :) Feel free to PM if that makes no sense , there's probably an easier way as well.

Little brother done screwed up again huh ???

Any pix when you dragged it out or threw him in :)

20140414_144329_zpsxlceehla.jpg

This is why the oldest get the inheritance not the 2nd.

That had better NOT be the 1066 that you want to trade me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Note to self, always hook 40 feet of cable to the front of tractor when agitating lagoon.

Bob...it was. I think we may buy yours outright now. The brakes are not good but we've let it slide since we use it like a power unit pretty much. He had the agitator off and up. The prop will hold it actually on the ramp. He went to stick it in gear and set it then shut it off and hook chain to the block. I guess he could not get it in gear and it started going backward. Only his phone was hurt and he did shut it down at least as he swam off. For some reason he was bitchin about taking pics....? Used a choker to hook the wt rack then baling string to keep chains all together so we did not lose them too.

20140414_155927_zpsqo89rb54.jpg

20140414_160302_zpsdyyuljvq.jpg

Close to Easter..."up from the grave....."

20140414_160336_zps9a4mevq4.jpg

Missed the pics of it rolling down the bank. I was busy keeping the 2 from not hitting.

20140414_160626_zpslqn0xhzf.jpg

Washed it after this. Everything looks clean, oil, trans, fuel all are at same level and clean. I was to irritated to look at it. I hope the air filter held up for long enough. Key was on and red light was on when we pulled it out. Of course the dang P brake worked fine dragging it out!

Coulda been MUCH worse, coulda been one of the Magnums. Poor Terry, will have to take a bunch of s--t from everybody.

CIHTECH, nope he slapped the lever in time. Was about 1 1/2 hours to get it out. The inner air cleaner was just getting saturated. The fuel tank was full right to the neck, same as when he backed in. Oil level is right on and hy-tran level is right on. Younger brother had a good idea, crack intake bolt loose at the manifold. About 1/2 a cup dripped out. Turbo air intake tube from air cleaner had about the same. The cleaner did its 'job'. Even the can had only gotten to 1/2 full judging by the line in it. Have to pull all the hoods and wash, and wash....and wash. Dont think short of pulling it all down there is much else to look for but I think we made out ok. Might try a test fire later. Now for the guy pumping manure....idiot. I see him on the st and call. "you done?", "yep, manure is running a lliiittlle bit toward ditch", "Bad?", "No, I told your dad to grab the chisel plow to work it in", "Umm, ok". Get back Dad is just hanging out. "you check", "he said a little", "a little is too much!". Run honda out to field. Little apparently is similar to a 4" line pumping directly into the creek. Took 4 hours to get it stopped, worked in and report ourselves to The Dept of Ag. The guy is a full fledged alky but does a good job. Well he did. I hate to just fire him but holy crap how damn stupid. He put WAAY to much out their for one application.

TD, another challenging day, I feel for you, man! Three neighbor farms pump to a on site digester operated by a separate Corp. 11/13 pipe broke lost 380,000 gallons, 1/20/14 pipe broke lost 20,000 gallons, & 3/?/14 another pipe broke lost 35,000 gallons. State subsidy was in $ millions to help remove phosphorus to help keep county lakes weed free. County & DNR not happy....