life in our corner

TroyDairy

Good job on the 'yote!  They seem to be getting braver around here also.  Used to be if they saw you within 100 yards they were gone.  Not anymore.  Had one a couple weeks ago in with the cattle.  He knew I was there but just stood and looked at me, had time to walk to the shop and get my rifle.  His mistake.  

Coyotes aren't that brave here. I have seen them move through the cattle but never stop in their midst. Most will not hang around long. Looks like you have the makings of a fine varmit control agent there. 

2 hours ago, mader656 said:

Had one watch me at 100 feet Thursday, sadly no ranged weapons....

2 or 3 will konda follow the mower around getting mice.  Tractor hardly bugs them.  

7140...pit guage on.  27psi hot idle, 50plus at high idle.  Whew....I have replaced 1 sending unit.  Now doing both!   Mech figured wouldn't hurt to roll rod bearings in this winter.  Says its easy.

3 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

2 or 3 will konda follow the mower around getting mice.  Tractor hardly bugs them.  

7140...pit guage on.  27psi hot idle, 50plus at high idle.  Whew....I have replaced 1 sending unit.  Now doing both!   Mech figured wouldn't hurt to roll rod bearings in this winter.  Says its easy.

Good news. We have replaced the fill plugs on most of the high hour equipment because it seems like the rubber part gets smooth and doesn't grip as well. 

2 hours ago, Gearclash said:

Is that a drag hose feeding a dribble or broadcast bar? 

Yes, its actually a airator but i have it just off ground.  If wet id punch holes to stop any running.  But warm windy and dry now.  4" hose so nothing amazing.

Nuts.....too much rain now...

1498574549379921435346.jpg

20170627_094045_zpsejgf9mrj.jpg

Got the new scraper tractor.  Yanmars feel and look a bit better built than other compacts we looked at.  I waxed it and mixed waste oil and diesel to undercoat the belly and rear end.  They forgot the grill guard, which they build a bit of a cage around the body off.  Hoping tomorrow.  Ridiculously over priced for little tractor!  Like all of them!

Note, if you decide to quick run though the auto car wash dont ever hit wipers.  Thought it would help clean the bedding and dust from below them off.  Bent transmission arm.  Way more work than you'd think.  20 bucks on rockauto.  All fine now

15 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

20170627_094045_zpsejgf9mrj.jpg

Got the new scraper tractor.  Yanmars feel and look a bit better built than other compacts we looked at.  I waxed it and mixed waste oil and diesel to undercoat the belly and rear end.  They forgot the grill guard, which they build a bit of a cage around the body off.  Hoping tomorrow.  Ridiculously over priced for little tractor!  Like all of them!

Note, if you decide to quick run though the auto car wash dont ever hit wipers.  Thought it would help clean the bedding and dust from below them off.  Bent transmission arm.  Way more work than you'd think.  20 bucks on rockauto.  All fine now

How does the Yanmar compare price wise to its green twin? We have a JD 4500 (my 2000) and it is a Yanmar with green hood and fenders.

5 hours ago, BOBSIH856 said:

How does the Yanmar compare price wise to its green twin? We have a JD 4500 (my 2000) and it is a Yanmar with green hood and fenders.

I am not sure they still ate yanmars painted green.  But i have seen ads for 30k for JD.  Locally even green underwear guys hate any JD under 100hp.  All junk and very poor reliability.

1 hour ago, Gearclash said:

Just curious why you prefer to scrape with a tractor?  This area you will usually find a skid steer on that job.  We have no choice but skid steer because of the barn layout.

They destroy barns!!!  About 15/20 years ago NH sold a bunch of them to guys and after about 2 years they were all traded back to tractors.  They just wreaked stalls and gates and walls and milkers hated them.  I have tried 1x with the bucket and I dont think I finished and said never again.  The guys who did it had tire blades with a rubber edge along top to get corners.  I am amazed when i see these 2000 cow dairies using skid steers to scrape huge barns.  And tractors are nearly half price!! ;)  

Lil bit warm last few days.  Got all 3 reels sprinkling now, 10 day is no water again.  

20170630_141244_zps3ktxewdu.jpg

Well kids, may have to skip the Christian school this year.  New tank comp.... same price as tuition?

20170630_141244_zps3ktxewdu.jpg

Well that's interesting.  Photobucket says they need $399 for the ability for me to share photos.  I am fairly sure its a scam thing but looks like all my pics are gone from the thread.  This kinda sucks.  I have to send pics to my office machine to post them i guess.  My android wont allow me to post other pics but what i just take with the new system.  Better call the help, lol, line

Well its legit.  They are locking any shared photo till you pay $40 per month.  Guess that kinda kills millions of threads/blogs etc.  What kinda low lifes?  If it was 10 id go for it.  But seriously

7 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Well that's interesting.  Photobucket says they need $399 for the ability for me to share photos.  I am fairly sure its a scam thing but looks like all my pics are gone from the thread.  This kinda sucks.  I have to send pics to my office machine to post them i guess.  My android wont allow me to post other pics but what i just take with the new system.  Better call the help, lol, line

Well its legit.  They are locking any shared photo till you pay $40 per month.  Guess that kinda kills millions of threads/blogs etc.  What kinda low lifes?  If it was 10 id go for it.  But seriously

Completely totally bs...guess it's time to find a new place to keep pictures...

I with Google would work like img link.  Went got heifers today, low traffic.  Actually surprised how many were on road for holiday.  Esp delivery type trucks. 

Have a safe 4th!

Sorry for our loss of all your ( and others) pictures because of the Photobucket issue. I am now able to take a picture with my Android, then post it directly to the Forums. 

9 hours ago, bitty said:

Sorry for our loss of all your ( and others) pictures because of the Photobucket issue. I am now able to take a picture with my Android, then post it directly to the Forums. 

Me too.  But it is kinda pain to open the forum, find topic, then take/post pic.  Wish it was available from gallery so i could snap one then post laster when i had time.  We'll see how it goes.  On PB facebook is a barrage of hate.  People whi pay for it with 10000s of pics on how too blogs etc are furious.  I bet they will give then make it a 10/m thing.  Like they are holding users pictures ransom.

1 hour ago, TroyDairy said:

Me too.  But it is kinda pain to open the forum, find topic, then take/post pic.  Wish it was available from gallery so i could snap one then post laster when i had time.  We'll see how it goes.  On PB facebook is a barrage of hate.  People whi pay for it with 10000s of pics on how too blogs etc are furious.  I bet they will give then make it a 10/m thing.  Like they are holding users pictures ransom.

On my phone I don't know how they all work but on my phone when I'm on the forum and I press the button ( and same thing with on Spacebook) it'll give me an option when I go to attach an attachment it'll say" recent" so I can go through my recent things I've taken pictures of and then I think there's also way usually you can get to documents which would be my photos gallery

Sorry I use speech to text thing I'm out respraying corn