life in our corner

TroyDairy

20160921_075751_zpsyuilgzyj.jpg

What a cute idea she says.  Big orange trash bag with face on it full of straw.  Yeah a giant mice condo on the frt porch in 3 days! 

20160921_131036_zpsfikr2i83.jpg

Had 1 load from maternity pen, worked better than I expected.  Then spinners take some hp!  Was just sawdust so light.

1 hour ago, 806 man said:

Troy, I see a crazy shot and killed 4 at the cascade mall an hour ago. WTH

Oh no!  Another reason to avoid malls.  Wife said something about it but I didn't know deaths.  Wth is wrong? 

Bad idea #557.  Naw, the hfrs won't dig stalls down, we dont need tires in them.  8 months later...i dig out to put cement and tires in.

20160923_121318_zps0f3xgrf8.jpg

http://q13fox.com/2016/09/24/cascade-mall-shooting-suspect-in-custody/

At least he's locked up.  No motive yet, killed teen girl, look like she may of been target.  

Local demo derby tonight, use old tractors to tow them out.  Announcer did a unashamed prayer to God for this mess 50 miles s of us before the anthem.  EVERYONE stood, he even made it clear EVERYONE was going to stand.  Good neighborhood farm kid.

20160924_172846_zpsqyuqleyw.jpg

Was emailed this auction notice.  What a nice collection of original equipment.  Look at them Ollys and the Fox chopper [one owner].  Also the NH baler is super clean!  And the Black and gold truck with cattle rack, very neat.  I am thinking the disc may get bid on from me.

http://www.mbauction.com/auction/harvey-fox-retirement-online-auction/

Troy, The young girl lives on the island I think her Dad works for Fred and Eddie. Lots of cars there yesterday afternoon I thought it was a BD.party l didn't know what the deal was until this morning when I mentioned seeing all the people and cars there to one of my guys.

Another guy that works for me said his wife and daughter where shopping for a wedding gift at the store, they left 10 minutes before the shooting. Thank God they left in time.

Getting the season tied up.  Had some rye blew on so quick packed it in a little.

20160926_125815_zpsboyz3ujh.jpg

Part of this new seeding was scalped when we sold the grass in June.  We cut 5-6" high, the custom guy dirt level.  Burned the orchard bad, lost 30% on this section easy.  Headland were bad too.  So had the seed co. run over about 10 acres and the headlands with thier no-till drill and refresh it.

20160926_130005_zpszvibq8bb.jpg

Here is what left of trail in corn field.  It was beat to dirt 3 weeks ago.  Border Patrol figures 30+ people had to of came though it.  You can juuussst see the camera tower white pole in the tree straight N there.  They look N not S generally so seen nothing.  Well 2 weeks ago they seen people in wood to E of this pic.  Never found and they are going in and out of the drive way all hours at 60 mph last week.  Nice if they could inform us of something.

20160926_143942_zpscx7ea8qv.jpg

Some of you COE guys will like this.  Hay hauler is branching out.  Single screw is pretty uncommon here.  He still has a tandem for hay.  Hard working younger guy trying to get established.

14457405_10154575328799549_7036701222627

Troy, how many people out there own their own drill? Corn planter? 

We have a great Plains 10'  notill however we have a young Mennonite drill all of the rye cover crop while we are chopping the corn  ( he has a 15' jd )

1 hour ago, bitty said:

Troy, how many people out there own their own drill? Corn planter? 

We have a great Plains 10'  notill however we have a young Mennonite drill all of the rye cover crop while we are chopping the corn  ( he has a 15' jd )

1 guy I know of has a plain 10'.  And neighbors who raked have a 15' IH will no till coulters.  Seed guys just got this used this season.  Pretty popular, freshen up a field so get couple more years.  5 to 6 is normal till plow up.  In our county only 1 dairyman has a corn planter.  County south most do.  We're kinda unique Pioneer seed NW territory gal says.  I finish dirt work in May, call seed guys to come.  Maybe irrigate few times and then chop in Sept.  I/we dont mess with spray, cultivate or side dressing.  Seed Co take full care from plant till chop.  Normally we relay the rye.  This field grew to fast and they could not get in to cultivate/dress/seed.  So I disced quick and he air seeded (90% of grass here is planted 40 to 50# a acre like that) then cultipacked it in.

20160927_153502_zpsntsoxepe.jpg

Back at it.  BIL called and asked for some trucking.  Looking straight S...Sumas Mtn...like 1/4 mile to base only 800'.  In Colorado its a speed bump!

20160927_153525_zpstu7skyol.jpg

They use the same custom operator

20160927_160104_zpsgpfgqnsu.jpg

The green grass is my father-in-laws field.  The jd tractor is disking in Canada, that's border security.  The tree in just enough in Canada my FIL cant cut it down.  Few years a go he 'accidentally' bonked the granite marker spire.  It now is a yard ornament in the flower bed!  Quick pic, sorry

I hear it's wet over there.

Friend from my brothers church (big one, 3000 at least) does their AV stuff.  They wanted a fancy intro for the sermons on The Lords Prayer the pastor is starting this week.  For some reason my friend though having a Ag back ground would be cool.  They were here (2) for 3 hours and made a 1 minute video!  Kinda neat but they cut lots of what I figured was cool stuff.  Hey, I dont get why you need a creative art director, film director, IT guy, audio guy, stage guy, and production guy on staff at a church....but....what ever.  They focus on the younger crowd.  At least the pastor is a straight Bible preaching man.....with a pony tail. ;) 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/403wouyh7y64al6/God is Great God is Good_Intro Video.mov?dl=0

Neat. Now don't let becoming a superstar go to your head. Lol

It's all worth it if it makes one person think about things and change

20161003_171528_zps92fmcqf7.jpg

Apparently these wear out and allow the hammer to hit the door.  Not to bad.....but the bill.  We considered doing them our selves...then I recalled Maders post on home made flails.

20161001_072302_zpsqugiirpt.jpg

The Sun sunday was cool.  There is really pronounced rays the camera could not capture

20161004_141519_zpschmkojbl.jpg

Got hammers all fixed up, but the door we see is bowed too.  Weld and beat to get it better.  The bottom tray is paper thin so having shop re-bend a new one.  Kuhn is way $$$$, having local make it is way cheaper.

Priceless,  I love that shot.  She is happy as can be.  

Get her some hand lotion, the cement is hard on her skin 

On 10/9/2016 at 9:22 PM, TroyDairy said:

Super good show.  I love youtube, watch what you want too when you want too.

Troy, Interesting video. Dam shame the EPA is h3ll bent on killing the diesel engine.