life in our corner

TroyDairy

2 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Thanks for the tip.  All the parts store ones are recycled China scrap.  I broke down today.  The suburban brakes feel a bit soft yet.  And the rears feel extra hot imo.  The ABS light has been pestering me for a long time.  Module code...wonder if a valve issue caused the excessive wear?  So i called the dealer (good shop) and dropped it by to dbl check my work.  We have a 4 hr trip coming up so I felt better if they are 100% correct.  My 05 2500 finally needed rear pads at 195000.  This thing is on 2nd set.  I guess pickup 1500 are fine just suburbans have some rear issues.

2 hours ago, TroyDairy said:
2 hours ago, yellowrosefarm said:

I'd be suspicious of the rear brake hose from the frame to the axle. If it's coming apart inside, it may be acting as a check valve holding pressure on the calipers. I've had that happen twice in my life.

He's right about the brake hose but if you do one I'd do all three rear hoses, hoses are cheap brakes are priceless! Another thing I always check is to make sure the caliper slides move freely and are well lubed especially in the rear, they catch a lot of moisture and debris from the road one tear in the boot and they're stuck. G.M. had a few problems with their electronic brake control modules in the early 00s down here in the salt belt I've seen a lot of a.b.s pump motors stick. I bleed Chevy orange but I gotta give Ford credit they bump the a.b.s. motor every ignition cycle, you Ford guys have prob heard it sounds like an exhale from the LF corner of your super duty. The whole time I worked for the g.m. dealer the pedal feel was an issue with customers, good luck with your sub.

2 hours ago, clydethe142 said:

Good points.  All I know is i,ve read on forums the Suburbans from early 2000s have rear brake drama.  Will see tomorrow when he calls.  I bet I can change the mod but do I have time?  righhhhhtt!!!

ABS mod was sticking.  Holding rears on a bit.  NLA! This gen was built till 06 and NLA!?  Had yo get tested junk yard one.  No one dares rebuild them b/c federal offence to mess with brakes.  

Wow nla and a 2006 that's...impressive... I fear that soon more will be like that to keep us in newer vehicles. Less used cars more new cars.

Wonder how long the used one will last..?

1 hour ago, mader656 said:

Wow nla and a 2006 that's...impressive... I fear that soon more will be like that to keep us in newer vehicles. Less used cars more new cars.

Wonder how long the used one will last..?

I know, I am gonna look to see if someone redoes them undercover.  Just so I have a option.

25 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

I know, I am gonna look to see if someone redoes them undercover.  Just so I have a option.

Mex shop up the road?

3 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Will a module from an 07 or newer slowburban work?

....luis can do chassis stuff.  Brake brains would make me a bit nervous.  I think a friend said ebay has em.  But i bet the shop would not install them for liability.  They got it.....wrong one.  Tomorrow she gets it back.

Worked on a leaking irrigation safty valve today....for 5 hrs.  Still leaks.  In 1 i could of cut it oit and welded r up.  On list for tomorrow. 

On 8/11/2016 at 8:26 PM, 806 man said:

Troy, U see anything interesting flying over head yet like an F-35?

Yep, its fast and odd sounding.  Going to the show?  Something is flying around now even this early.  They did the fireworks off airplane show last night and a F118 display.  Dusk is sweet, you see the afterburners kick on.

That goat barn is neat.  I think the DeJong family has a similar on in Kauliforniah.

20160812_134225_zpsv9cheiq6.jpg

20160812_134757_zpsfe3dx3j1.jpg

hard to see planes, Snowbirds

New thing, air show does dusk show.  F118 zipping, afterburner lit up awesome in dark!  Then fire works and 2 planes wit GIGANTIC sparklers blazing.  Had friend s over, nice evening to boot.

22 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

New thing, air show does dusk show.  F118 zipping, afterburner lit up awesome in dark!  Then fire works and 2 planes wit GIGANTIC sparklers blazing.  Had friend s over, nice evening to boot.

Troy, Went across the border today to the show, Seeing a super hornet fly is nothing new, however, Boeing was there with their new improved block 2 super hornet  which was out fitted with wing tip missiles plus 3 under each wing which made the plane 5,000 lbs heavier. 

The demo team did their sales demonstration with the plane which is more aggressive flying when compared to what a navy demo would be at a show according to the announcer. 

There where 2 F-35's there, 1 was on display, I didn't see either fly. So disappointed by that.Other wise a good day for a show.

1 hour ago, 806 man said:

Troy, Went across the border today to the show, Seeing a super hornet fly is nothing new, however, Boeing was there with their new improved block 2 super hornet  which was out fitted with wing tip missiles plus 3 under each wing which made the plane 5,000 lbs heavier. 

The demo team did their sales demonstration with the plane which is more aggressive flying when compared to what a navy demo would be at a show according to the announcer. 

There where 2 F-35's there, 1 was on display, I didn't see either fly. So disappointed by that.Other wise a good day for a show.

The f35 flew around a bit before landing.  Sounds like something from a Terminator movie.  The Breitling guys were good

On 8/6/2016 at 0:55 AM, 660 driver said:

Is that we'll water or lagoon water?

Should be Art from DeLeon quoted? Dunno what happened there 

Lol

That would make momma mad ?

20160816_200229_zpsiobe8cib.jpg

150 bucks......at least american made.

20160817_094559_zpsaf52oc2v.jpg

One on rt is mine other is brothers.  Signed them up to help petting zoo at fair.  Mine about peed her britches when they asked her to exercise the mini horses.  Loves the fecs things.  I cant stand them.

1 hour ago, TroyDairy said:

20160816_200229_zpsiobe8cib.jpg

150 bucks......at least american made.

20160817_094559_zpsaf52oc2v.jpg

One on rt is mine other is brothers.  Signed them up to help petting zoo at fair.  Mine about peed her britches when they asked her to exercise the mini horses.  Loves the fecs things.  I cant stand them.

Careful with that, we spent 6 years with hay burners after a similar episode. 

Danners are good boots, you will enjoy them. I am still wearing out the Carolina's with no complaints 

2 hours ago, new guy said:

You need a new busines plan!!http://20160817_112336_zpsvkfy6cab.jpg

He would have to work on his wi-fi coverage for all the Facebook traffic.

That make more than the milk would!  Always kinda amazed how amazed people are to attach a machine or strip a few squirts out.  

20160817_212713_zpsokqg3k8z.jpg

No justice to reality.  Full moon wed nite 930p.  Irrigation is the white.  Was like 65 and dead calm, very pretty.  Then the cows got out at 1230a....

20160817_201038_zpsqtt8qa27.jpg

Sunset the same day about 8p

20160818_144941_zpstlhf8kl0.jpg

Rebuilt the foot n inch valve on the new 186.  Had all parts in few days.  Simpler than i expected.

facebook_1471492644690_zpsgtazyb0a.jpg

so true.