Jump to content

life in our corner


TroyDairy
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, new guy said:

Thanks for the tip. I have some dog kennel panels that aren't being used that may work for that. How wide is the slit in the top?

I think 1.5 to 2".  I will look later

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20160803_150814_zpsjeblidv5.jpg

Just thought what a good ol gal.  17000 hrs. We are 3rd owners who got with 4200.  Never had a part touched on the engine.  OEM pump, water pump even.  Heck muffler even.  Ran the mixer box for 6 or 7 years.  Mowed grass and pulled a wagon too.  Ran manure pump and agitators.  We had 4 tractors when we started with dad so it got unhooked alot.  Now we have 13 (good grief) so she is on reel and agitator duty nowadays.  Did 1 trans at 8000hr.  The Heers one is getting tired now.   Tried raking last summer...got slower and slower as got warmer oil.  Rebuilt pto 2x, 1 was accident not wear.  Cab is little rusty under the sticker.  Stuck some flashing on after wire wheeling and priming to at least keep dry inside.  She need some stuff like a rewire, lights quit while ago, and could use paint and interior too but owes us nothing.  Looks pretty good yet imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

20160803_150814_zpsjeblidv5.jpg

Just thought what a good ol gal.  17000 hrs. We are 3rd owners who got with 4200.  Never had a part touched on the engine.  OEM pump, water pump even.  Heck muffler even.  Ran the mixer box for 6 or 7 years.  Mowed grass and pulled a wagon too.  Ran manure pump and agitators.  We had 4 tractors when we started with dad so it got unhooked alot.  Now we have 13 (good grief) so she is on reel and agitator duty nowadays.  Did 1 trans at 8000hr.  The Heers one is getting tired now.   Tried raking last summer...got slower and slower as got warmer oil.  Rebuilt pto 2x, 1 was accident not wear.  Cab is little rusty under the sticker.  Stuck some flashing on after wire wheeling and priming to at least keep dry inside.  She need some stuff like a rewire, lights quit while ago, and could use paint and interior too but owes us nothing.  Looks pretty good yet imo

can't ask for any better service than that out of a machine. does look real good for 17k hours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

20160803_150814_zpsjeblidv5.jpg

Just thought what a good ol gal.  17000 hrs. We are 3rd owners who got with 4200.  Never had a part touched on the engine.  OEM pump, water pump even.  Heck muffler even.  Ran the mixer box for 6 or 7 years.  Mowed grass and pulled a wagon too.  Ran manure pump and agitators.  We had 4 tractors when we started with dad so it got unhooked alot.  Now we have 13 (good grief) so she is on reel and agitator duty nowadays.  Did 1 trans at 8000hr.  The Heers one is getting tired now.   Tried raking last summer...got slower and slower as got warmer oil.  Rebuilt pto 2x, 1 was accident not wear.  Cab is little rusty under the sticker.  Stuck some flashing on after wire wheeling and priming to at least keep dry inside.  She need some stuff like a rewire, lights quit while ago, and could use paint and interior too but owes us nothing.  Looks pretty good yet imo

What amazes me is the exhaust pipe is still intact and original after 17000 hrs. Around here if it made it through the first day, that was quite a feat. 

 

Jerry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SMOKER 1 said:

What amazes me is the exhaust pipe is still intact and original after 17000 hrs. Around here if it made it through the first day, that was quite a feat. 

 

Jerry

I thought they turned to chrome from all the horsepower ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

I thought they turned to chrome from all the horsepower ??

Oh,  dont know if there are as many horses as in the day.  You know Jerry I notice that on here. Near all 86s have bent stacks.  I guess we are more friendly with chains saws and kill anything hanging over our property lines!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Oh,  dont know if there are as many horses as in the day.  You know Jerry I notice that on here. Near all 86s have bent stacks.  I guess we are more friendly with chains saws and kill anything hanging over our property lines!  

I do believe that you gents in the Pacific Northwest do take your logging legacy seriously, If there is a suspect tree it is an affront to the family name and shall be dealt with.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20160805_095332_zps8nsw2xhw.jpg

My fancy spray rig.  Blackberries getting crazy.  Hate blackberries.  Uncles place has never been sprayed I think.

20160805_095950_zpsi8rvpjlu.jpg

This will be fun.... 18m old pup, 12 yr old dog, and a 3 [going on 13].  Got most done, and some antenna benders cut off to boot.

20160805_082906_zpsibc5c4gs.jpg

Emptied the tank today.  Still few inches in it loooks like.  I am gonna set a cinder block in bottom I think for a gauge how full it is.  We need to monitor better.  Last bit whirlpooled, if I was more ready i'd slower her down and got a bit more out.

 20160804_185230_zpseaiaq4lp.jpg

After dinner thur took 2 of them to tractor show and threashing bee.  IH was reped well.  Nice comfortable evening.  Took more pic but bed time! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2016 at 9:22 PM, TroyDairy said:

20160804_123537_zpsl9utvubr.jpg

Ah the road below sea level though the promise land of rich soil and ca$h crops.

I hope you stopped and got your permit before proceeding on to the promise land. You must have been out checking the new salmon habitat, I hate to tell you but the celebration was Monday, The tribes where there celebrating the flooding of their lost lands

 

 

 

Thanks for not stopping by!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow that sounded like a 'fun' event.  I think if more than 3 are off the res it's a war party and ok to shoot 'em.  Had a appt to make so just passed though.  Plow day this month down there?

 

20160805_141221_zps2ljm8uht.jpg

so begins the heck called irrigating 11 miles from home.  Always something.  At least we are starting, last year we started Memorial day weekend b/c of poor planting issues.  Last year on lease.  Think we'll pass.  MUCK or CEMENT ground.  Been spuds for 40 years or so so it's tired.  No organic matter.  We have been tilling in cover rye and spreading manure on and helps but just flat wore out.  It needs a year of Jubilee and have some grass grow and manure applied 4-5x a season.

20160806_200030_zpsxtqrkg78.jpg

Rt caliper seized up tight, lf caliper 1 piston was tight and other almost would not move.  Said phoeee and got new rotors and caliper for both.  I know I did rotors with in 50k miles.  And lf caliper at the same time.  The rt one was really glazed from heat.  $38 for a rotor, $25 to turn.  sigh, what do you do.  Did front rotors too.  Wiggly and glazed too.  From doing all the work I guess.  This generation suburban has reputation for the rear brakes over working.  Proportioning issue I guess.

 

 20160804_185414_zpszwfidcp7.jpg

 

20160804_185420_zpsm7lhd1se.jpg

Case was feature tractor this year.  2 odd/rare ones I bet.  Never seen a O Case.

20160804_192509_zpsqsp9ov6d.jpg

20160804_192448_zpsbx4bbcaq.jpg

Lot of Rumley/Oil Pulls.  More than I have seen.  Is this a cousin to Case?

20160804_185520_zps8hdts4sa.jpg

I really liked the 544.  Looked to be a survivor imho.  Maybe not quite enough HP for the tire?

20160804_185159_zps6n0otpyt.jpg

LOVE seeing them moving around like intended.  Old Titan correct?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Wow that sounded like a 'fun' event.  I think if more than 3 are off the res it's a war party and ok to shoot 'em.  Had a appt to make so just passed though.  Plow day this month down there?

 

20160805_141221_zps2ljm8uht.jpg

so begins the heck called irrigating 11 miles from home.  Always something.  At least we are starting, last year we started Memorial day weekend b/c of poor planting issues.  Last year on lease.  Think we'll pass.  MUCK or CEMENT ground.  Been spuds for 40 years or so so it's tired.  No organic matter.  We have been tilling in cover rye and spreading manure on and helps but just flat wore out.  It needs a year of Jubilee and have some grass grow and manure applied 4-5x a season.

20160806_200030_zpsxtqrkg78.jpg

Rt caliper seized up tight, lf caliper 1 piston was tight and other almost would not move.  Said phoeee and got new rotors and caliper for both.  I know I did rotors with in 50k miles.  And lf caliper at the same time.  The rt one was really glazed from heat.  $38 for a rotor, $25 to turn.  sigh, what do you do.  Did front rotors too.  Wiggly and glazed too.  From doing all the work I guess.  This generation suburban has reputation for the rear brakes over working.  Proportioning issue I guess.

 

 20160804_185414_zpszwfidcp7.jpg

 

20160804_185420_zpsm7lhd1se.jpg

Case was feature tractor this year.  2 odd/rare ones I bet.  Never seen a O Case.

20160804_192509_zpsqsp9ov6d.jpg

20160804_192448_zpsbx4bbcaq.jpg

Lot of Rumley/Oil Pulls.  More than I have seen.  Is this a cousin to Case?

20160804_185520_zps8hdts4sa.jpg

I really liked the 544.  Looked to be a survivor imho.  Maybe not quite enough HP for the tire?

20160804_185159_zps6n0otpyt.jpg

LOVE seeing them moving around like intended.  Old Titan correct?

 

 

Went up to the show Friday afternoon, They had the big stationary 2 cylinder running with the 2 long curved straight pipes, man that thing sure had some authority coming from the exhaust when it fired off.

No plow day this year from what i hear, 2 years in a row now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, SMOKER 1 said:

Rumelys were predecessor to the Allis Chalmers plant in Laporte, Indiana, about 20 miles from me.  

 

jerry

Interesting.  Dont recall this many before being here.

20160804_194523_zpsf3w5ohw7.jpg

This thing was baling straw from threashing.  Perfect bales.  NH?

20160804_192458_zpsoz9v0faz.jpg

Some steam

20160804_195453_zpsvuk0nx6m.jpg

This looks miserable to drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/7/2016 at 8:01 AM, TroyDairy said:

 

Wow that sounded like a 'fun' event.  I think if more than 3 are off the res it's a war party and ok to shoot 'em.  Had a appt to make so just passed though.  Plow day this month down there?

 

20160805_141221_zps2ljm8uht.jpg

so begins the heck called irrigating 11 miles from home.  Always something.  At least we are starting, last year we started Memorial day weekend b/c of poor planting issues.  Last year on lease.  Think we'll pass.  MUCK or CEMENT ground.  Been spuds for 40 years or so so it's tired.  No organic matter.  We have been tilling in cover rye and spreading manure on and helps but just flat wore out.  It needs a year of Jubilee and have some grass grow and manure applied 4-5x a season.

20160806_200030_zpsxtqrkg78.jpg

Rt caliper seized up tight, lf caliper 1 piston was tight and other almost would not move.  Said phoeee and got new rotors and caliper for both.  I know I did rotors with in 50k miles.  And lf caliper at the same time.  The rt one was really glazed from heat.  $38 for a rotor, $25 to turn.  sigh, what do you do.  Did front rotors too.  Wiggly and glazed too.  From doing all the work I guess.  This generation suburban has reputation for the rear brakes over working.  Proportioning issue I guess.

 

I've got rotors from http://brakeperformance.com/ on my 2 Ram's and my wifes Toyota Sienna. All notoriously hard on front brakes. The first I put on the 3500 Cummins dually back in 07, about 60,000 miles ago, most all towing a 24' gooseneck trailer loaded. They are the dimpled and slotted ones and still look like new and stop with no shudder at all. Expensive the first time around? Yes, but I couldn't be happier with the performance and not having to do that miserable job again anytime soon. The Sienna went through a stock rotor a year for 3 years warping them and these have been on for 4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, yellowrosefarm said:

I've got rotors from http://brakeperformance.com/ on my 2 Ram's and my wifes Toyota Sienna. All notoriously hard on front brakes. The first I put on the 3500 Cummins dually back in 07, about 60,000 miles ago, most all towing a 24' gooseneck trailer loaded. They are the dimpled and slotted ones and still look like new and stop with no shudder at all. Expensive the first time around? Yes, but I couldn't be happier with the performance and not having to do that miserable job again anytime soon. The Sienna went through a stock rotor a year for 3 years warping them and these have been on for 4.

Thanks for the tip.  All the parts store ones are recycled China scrap.  I broke down today.  The suburban brakes feel a bit soft yet.  And the rears feel extra hot imo.  The ABS light has been pestering me for a long time.  Module code...wonder if a valve issue caused the excessive wear?  So i called the dealer (good shop) and dropped it by to dbl check my work.  We have a 4 hr trip coming up so I felt better if they are 100% correct.  My 05 2500 finally needed rear pads at 195000.  This thing is on 2nd set.  I guess pickup 1500 are fine just suburbans have some rear issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Thanks for the tip.  All the parts store ones are recycled China scrap.  I broke down today.  The suburban brakes feel a bit soft yet.  And the rears feel extra hot imo.  The ABS light has been pestering me for a long time.  Module code...wonder if a valve issue caused the excessive wear?  So i called the dealer (good shop) and dropped it by to dbl check my work.  We have a 4 hr trip coming up so I felt better if they are 100% correct.  My 05 2500 finally needed rear pads at 195000.  This thing is on 2nd set.  I guess pickup 1500 are fine just suburbans have some rear issues.

2 hours ago, TroyDairy said:
2 hours ago, yellowrosefarm said:

I'd be suspicious of the rear brake hose from the frame to the axle. If it's coming apart inside, it may be acting as a check valve holding pressure on the calipers. I've had that happen twice in my life.

 

    

He's right about the brake hose but if you do one I'd do all three rear hoses, hoses are cheap brakes are priceless! Another thing I always check is to make sure the caliper slides move freely and are well lubed especially in the rear, they catch a lot of moisture and debris from the road one tear in the boot and they're stuck. G.M. had a few problems with their electronic brake control modules in the early 00s down here in the salt belt I've seen a lot of a.b.s pump motors stick. I bleed Chevy orange but I gotta give Ford credit they bump the a.b.s. motor every ignition cycle, you Ford guys have prob heard it sounds like an exhale from the LF corner of your super duty. The whole time I worked for the g.m. dealer the pedal feel was an issue with customers, good luck with your sub.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, clydethe142 said:

 

Good points.  All I know is i,ve read on forums the Suburbans from early 2000s have rear brake drama.  Will see tomorrow when he calls.  I bet I can change the mod but do I have time?  righhhhhtt!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ABS mod was sticking.  Holding rears on a bit.  NLA! This gen was built till 06 and NLA!?  Had yo get tested junk yard one.  No one dares rebuild them b/c federal offence to mess with brakes.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...