life in our corner

TroyDairy

20160507_072535_zpsn3ugietv.jpg

Like crows lately.....

20160507_100655-1_zps5nazlurl.jpg

Told my uncle to swing into the trees while tilling. But i figured he'd make couple passes to straighten it out.....oh well he'll get everything by the end.

Jet stream is blocked by a Omega. Look it up, interesting phenomenon, that is all natural even if the media is up talking it. They keep forgetting the cool in the east. Takes 3-4 days I suppose. Did corn fields this round so more time. Guy we have work for us during pumping, just injects, got arrested. DUI, again. Sad deal, his dad dies of liver failure at 40 something from heavy drinking when he was 8-9 years old. He is locked up till at least June 6 when his hearing is. Since he has a long record I got a bad feeling he may be locked up for a long time. I hope they require him to take that drug that makes you sick near booze. Seems like a decent guy when he is sober. But add pay day and poof idiot.

Rye, couple guys got 2 cuttings off their rye cover crops. Talked to our hay broker today. NERVOUS. We all have near 2x the normal feed for this time of year in the bunks. We have 7 loads of alfalfa sitting in OR the grower is getting cranky about since it's still there. We are only feeding 3# now and 0# to the low group b/c we have so much grass. The hay prices are down already b/c of the trade stuff so the price will be so low already to them and now the main dairy regions got lots of feed.

The hay guys lost their ass along with the export market when the longshoreman where striking 1.5 years ago now there's a glut. The damage was done the port's should have rode out the strike. Good hay prices for the dairy guys.

Yes, I make sure I mention to the WWU kids each tour the consequences of that sort of stuff. The longwhinemen ruined a thriving industry. I know it's good for hay $ for me, but not when most will be disced up that aint good either. The overseas guys go to Long Beach port now and get hay from AZ and NM. THey wont come back till another longwhinemen event down there happens.

WWU a bunch of no good slackers sucking off the gov teat, The thing with Sakuma still isn't over down here now they bitchin the farm bought more harvesters just so they wouldn't need hand pickers, WTH did they think would happen to their jobs after everything they put Sakuma through, Dah!

So Troy what where you doing Saturday afternoon around 4.00ish?

Jet stream is blocked by a Omega. Look it up, interesting phenomenon, that is all natural even if the media is up talking it. They keep forgetting the cool in the east. Takes 3-4 days I suppose. Did corn fields this round so more time. Guy we have work for us during pumping, just injects, got arrested. DUI, again. Sad deal, his dad dies of liver failure at 40 something from heavy drinking when he was 8-9 years old. He is locked up till at least June 6 when his hearing is. Since he has a long record I got a bad feeling he may be locked up for a long time. I hope they require him to take that drug that makes you sick near booze. Seems like a decent guy when he is sober. But add pay day and poof idiot.

Rye, couple guys got 2 cuttings off their rye cover crops. Talked to our hay broker today. NERVOUS. We all have near 2x the normal feed for this time of year in the bunks. We have 7 loads of alfalfa sitting in OR the grower is getting cranky about since it's still there. We are only feeding 3# now and 0# to the low group b/c we have so much grass. The hay prices are down already b/c of the trade stuff so the price will be so low already to them and now the main dairy regions got lots of feed.

The hay guys lost their ass along with the export market when the longshoreman where striking 1.5 years ago now there's a glut. The damage was done the port's should have rode out the strike. Good hay prices for the dairy guys.

Yes, I make sure I mention to the WWU kids each tour the consequences of that sort of stuff. The longwhinemen ruined a thriving industry. I know it's good for hay $ for me, but not when most will be disced up that aint good either. The overseas guys go to Long Beach port now and get hay from AZ and NM. THey wont come back till another longwhinemen event down there happens.

WWU a bunch of no good slackers sucking off the gov teat, The thing with Sakuma still isn't over down here now they bitchin the farm bought more harvesters just so they wouldn't need hand pickers, WTH did they think would happen to their jobs after everything they put Sakuma through, Dah!

So Troy what where you doing Saturday afternoon around 4.00ish?

For the who dont get 806man comments. Donald Trump came and spoke at oour 10k person town 2 ht N of Seattle Saturday. I guess rumors were he was speaking in seattle so the town core was filling with protesters days before. B/c the protestors are for their free speech not anyone elses. So Saturday afternoon was a spectal of stupid. Protesters blocked the 2 main highways to town...like 20 min before he spoke. Everyone was already at the Fair grounds. He came in on the 3rd highway! Idiots. He spoke, some friends who went now say, "oh that's who hos IS". Yeah, not what the web site says. If he says X kust go online and find a few interviews where he says Y. So the talk of the weekend has been, better plug your nose and bear it than go 3rd party. I say having 2 similar parties is why we have these 2 crappy choices. Both have left us normal folks in the dust. Besides in poles he loses from 10 to 20pts. Pray for us

For the who dont get 806man comments. Donald Trump came and spoke at oour 10k person town 2 hr N of Seattle Saturday. I guess rumors were he was speaking in seattle so the town core was filling with protesters days before. B/c the protestors are for their free speech not anyone elses. So Saturday afternoon was a spectacle of stupid. Protesters blocked the 2 main highways to town...like 20 min before he spoke. Everyone was already at the Fair grounds. He came in on the 3rd highway! Idiots. He spoke, some friends who went now say, "oh that's who he IS". Yeah, not what the web site says. If he says X, just go online and find a few interviews where he says Y. So the talk of the weekend has been, better plug your nose and bear it than go 3rd party. Ya know like the last 2 elections. Howd that work out? What would the GOP do if 20m votes went to libertarianism? I say having 2 similar parties is why we have these 2 crappy choices. Both have left us normal folks in the dust. Besides, in poles he loses from 10 to 20pts. Pray for us.

Troy I am with you completley on that. He won't get my vote along with many who I know. The establishment wants him over the constitutional conservative because he won't rein in the gov at all. Really no difference in the two nominees at all

Doubtful that a constitutional conservative Republican would ever get elected. Too many people depending on government handouts or paychecks.

Real issue in my mind is the Supreme Court. Clinton would appoint liberals that will send tis country into a death spiral.

I don't care for Trump, but he is a nationalist and the lesser of two evils.

Doubtful that a constitutional conservative Republican would ever get elected. Too many people depending on government handouts or paychecks.

Real issue in my mind is the Supreme Court. Clinton would appoint liberals that will send tis country into a death spiral.

XX2 , Sure as h*** Don't want clinton appointing SCJ...

I know, I know.....at least you admit he is still evil! Also dont forget... Someone commented on FB how Trump would pick conservative judges. It was noted that Reagan picked O'Connor and Kennedy......

7 days and the test plot is up! Cant tell any diff between any one's emergence.

20160509_072956_zpsjhsqrt4t.jpg

This is why you do EVERYTHING when you restore a tractor. SO now, the Alt went out, the rebuilt carb (just did it in Nov since he did not do it in 2014 when he "restored" it) took a dive, and since the hand pump leaked for 20 years now he is trying to get it out. All around nice paint. Hoods been off more in last 18 month since he "fixed it up" than 35 years prior. Frustrating to watch but more tired of helping fix it when I got 100 other things to do.

20160509_055441_zpsrvqrumpq.jpg

You mean you don't want Supreme court Justice Obama?

?

Sure Not ,not even a community Organizer. Soorrry Troy. Rant over for now.....

Getting tired of this view.....

20160510_142526_zpseyajm2rp.jpg

Few days is fine but few weeks is getting old. Been hard season, the rye cover was so thick and lodged that now it's like working in oat hay. Should of sprayed few days before we mowed it. Then the root base would of been dead and worked in easier. Our 475 disc is too light to do any good on the tuffs. Having to get other farmer to come and power harrow 80 acres since it just wont go away. Plugs plow even after 3x discing.

Why do these honey bees like corn? 1000s on the pile each afternoon.

20160511_135632-1_zpsgnnunlag.jpg

Getting tired of this view.....

20160510_142526_zpseyajm2rp.jpg

Few days is fine but few weeks is getting old. Been hard season, the rye cover was so thick and lodged that now it's like working in oat hay. Should of sprayed few days before we mowed it. Then the root base would of been dead and worked in easier. Our 475 disc is too light to do any good on the tuffs. Having to get other farmer to come and power harrow 80 acres since it just wont go away. Plugs plow even after 3x discing.

Why do these honey bees like corn? 1000s on the pile each afternoon.

20160511_135632-1_zpsgnnunlag.jpg

Watch out the BEEs will eat the GMO corn and take it back to the hive and cause colony collapse!!(just kidding) Must be something to do with the sugars in the corn? I remember when our harvester silo tipped over full of high moisture corn the bees were all over that too!

Someone said it was the yellow more than anything. The blueberries are done flowering and the raspberries are just starting so maybe they are hungry? I dont recall this with rolled corn. Just the ground

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153693576823990&id=83629783989

If this is too political delete it BJ.

Guy articulates my thoughts of late nicely. Trump folks just cant sell me on why I should giver MY vote to him.

X2

I know many with the same sentiments. I think he will be Walter Mondale Jr type loss.

I dont recall same resisdence to McCain or Romney

20160512_153830_zps6rst1ok6.jpg

80 more acres to go.

20160512_153821_zpsahfgz7eg.jpg

Dusty? I sure don't remember that in many of your pictures. Yikes

I know, esp in May.

Last evening younger brother text me, "(irrigation) Gun be in 530 in the morning". Good grief it's May 13! Easy full 6 week ahead of avg. Over at uncles we planted 50 new grass. Now just as it poked out it started to dry. Dang wind all day and night again.

80 left. Feels nice, super early. Its one huge field and it needs lime badly. So he is coming Tuesday. Then we have to plow it in and finish. So probably Friday by the time it's planted. Was not in the mind to take pics.....got water going on uncle/gpa's old farm. Moved the reel and though the psi looks wanky. At the well it was gurgling and the needle was jumping. Air....uh oh. He got new pump last fall. Never tested it. 40hp sub, too big imo. Already collapsed this well (32') 1x. After figuring we found a 7' split 6" mainline...at 5pm. Got friend out with a mini and dug it up. Here we go....irrigation. the most oberly pain thing ever for what your doing.

Friend went to the truck show saturday at the airport just N of us in the frozen tundra of Canada.

Shop truck!

FB_IMG_1463417369071_zpsz41llfrs.jpg

FB_IMG_1463417429249_zpsnumzbbht.jpg

FB_IMG_1463417435710_zpswgcvsveb.jpg

Thats ridiculous!

Welding rig fail, it's too big, my Toyota does more for 10x less fuel and can turn in less space. But to each his own.