life in our corner

TroyDairy

Not sure, I'll ask Matty later. I guess the circle is 174' and he is reached out from 10' inside of it. Like 180 I bet. Now 11 and they are almost done! That power, gps screener is awesome.

Edit: the boom is the little one. 155. The big one is 180 and it was somewhere else.

Nice pour for the concrete co especially on the winter. we have a 4000 YD floor coming up this spring waiting for frost to come out of the ground from the winter that never came to New England. I have been turning wrenches on trucks for over 2 weeks with out a load to get me outa the shop it's nice to get out a bit although I'm sure I'll have plenty of seat time in the truck this summer and fall. We have poured quite a few of those digesters the last 10 years for us it has been a company from NY that does the labor

Thats a LOT of weight going thru that boom!! How much do you suppose???

Assuming a 3 inch diameter pipe (it might be 4") at 170 ft . 1.23 cu yds @ 3400lbs per =4182lbs

A good pump man makes a huge difference ,

If not that hose is like wrestling an Anaconda with a mouthful of Jalapenos .

I should try getting the vid my wife made. Very good boom operator and this crew is amazingly efficient. 1st truck was 7:15....crew left for the day at 2:45pm. 450 yrds. Tomorrow they will cut joints[have a seal under them already], spray some sealer and call it a day. 5 hours or so the boss says. Then they are coming back for supper at 530. Wife is making them homemade lasagna. Said Wednesday they will set all equipment, forms, and etc on slab and start doing walls. Figured Monday morning be pouring and be done Thursday next week or Wednesday. Pippingconcrete.Com. They have some vids there. They just did a 30million iirc...or 20, but huge.

I should try getting the vid my wife made. Very good boom operator and this crew is amazingly efficient. 1st truck was 7:15....crew left for the day at 2:45pm. 450 yrds. Tomorrow they will cut joints[have a seal under them already], spray some sealer and call it a day. 5 hours or so the boss says. Then they are coming back for supper at 530. Wife is making them homemade lasagna. Said Wednesday they will set all equipment, forms, and etc on slab and start doing walls. Figured Monday morning be pouring and be done Thursday next week or Wednesday. Pippingconcrete.Com. They have some vids there. They just did a 30million iirc...or 20, but huge.

I took a look at their website looks like a class act those later screeds are cool aren't they they can pull down allot of Crete in a day. We do some work for some guys that do concrete work at the somero that invented them. I like looking at those pics on Pippings website of those round ranks with that built in ramp I always wondered how one would get down into clean them out if needed that ramp solves that

Troy, You gotta have big gonads to do a costly project such as that with the low market conditions you have been dealt with. Hopefully this will keep the wack jobs away.

I should be able to locate your operation from the island once you tank is completed then find my way north to your operation. maybe you could hang a Deere flag from the top so it would feel more like home for me when i stop by.

...or am stupid. Besides, we basically just treaded water is how we look at it. Pay it down then borrowed again. If we had to start over....we would of moved in 98 when we built the 1st big barn. Everyone who has left here to milk somewhere else is very happy and successful. So... We needed something b/c the big one we use is gone. Owner wants to push it in this summer They are really fretting about lawsuits of late. Now locally anyone who has a lagoon that is not a dairy man wants to push it in. So I bet we won't be the only ones doing it. Earthen is cheaper, unless we have to rubber line it. Then more $. Easier to cover this also. Digester guy said he'll look into getting carbon credits to pay for a cover. Then just burn off the gas. Also we could make it work as a digester if we decide to in the future. The tank should catch 450000 gallons less rain as well. That saves a bunch on pumping. Our big worry is if we'd went with dirt that the DOE would make lining retro then we'd have a 6 figure project next year. The avg cost to line the avg lagoon here is 110k. If it becomes required it will pretty much cut 50% of the dairies or more from the area.

...or am stupid. Besides, we basically just treaded water is how we look at it. Pay it down then borrowed again. If we had to start over....we would of moved in 98 when we built the 1st big barn. Everyone who has left here to milk somewhere else is very happy and successful. So... We needed something b/c the big one we use is gone. Owner wants to push it in this summer They are really fretting about lawsuits of late. Now locally anyone who has a lagoon that is not a dairy man wants to push it in. So I bet we won't be the only ones doing it. Earthen is cheaper, unless we have to rubber line it. Then more $. Easier to cover this also. Digester guy said he'll look into getting carbon credits to pay for a cover. Then just burn off the gas. Also we could make it work as a digester if we decide to in the future. The tank should catch 450000 gallons less rain as well. That saves a bunch on pumping. Our big worry is if we'd went with dirt that the DOE would make lining retro then we'd have a 6 figure project next year. The avg cost to line the avg lagoon here is 110k. If it becomes required it will pretty much cut 50% of the dairies or more from the area.

Sounds like you are keeping the methane emissions mandate for animal operations in mind. Does that go into effect in 2020 or 2025? O&G industry is also in EPA crosshairs.

20160225_172835_zpsrb6ojsiw.jpg

Been really nice here. I got to get a new phone. The lens cracked, dirty under the glass now.

Cement guys been dinking around a bit. Was too soft to drive on till today. Usually they go to another job for 3 days and let it set. So they have just did 1/2 days getting tied and ready to set forms and pour 1 of 3 sets monday. Couple guys going smowboarding tomorrow. I gave them a list of neat cruises and things to see/go. Hope they take advantage of the weather and 3 days off.

So I have a offer on my 05 gas chev with 200k miles on it. And we got a unexpected co-op dividend/sell thing last week. So I am really thinking of replacing her. For you Canadians.......why are there SO many 2014 and 2015 Ram 3500-2500s for sale. I have lost track. All basic, but nice, models and 4x. Cloth, carpet etc. $35k US with 12k miles on them. Like this, but most are CCLB not CCSB. I was not shopping Ram but being a 2015 Ram is going for the same a 2012-13 GM I may join the Dark side.

http://www.pioneerchryslerjeep.com/en/used/2015-ram-3500-slt-crew-cab-350-biw/7129597/

I can get 10 of these by afternoon but longbeds all for mid $30s US and sub 20k miles. All white and silver too.

So I have a offer on my 05 gas chev with 200k miles on it. And we got a unexpected co-op dividend/sell thing last week. So I am really thinking of replacing her. For you Canadians.......why are there SO many 2014 and 2015 Ram 3500-2500s for sale. I have lost track. All basic, but nice, models and 4x. Cloth, carpet etc. $35k US with 12k miles on them. Like this, but most are CCLB not CCSB. I was not shopping Ram but being a 2015 Ram is going for the same a 2012-13 GM I may join the Dark side.

http://www.pioneerchryslerjeep.com/en/used/2015-ram-3500-slt-crew-cab-350-biw/7129597/

I can get 10 of these by afternoon but longbeds all for mid $30s US and sub 20k miles. All white and silver too.

So why did whatcom farmers coop sell out to the CHS mother ship?

So why did whatcom farmers coop sell out to the CHS mother ship?
Make more money. Prices haven't changed. Why we stay with the other guys.

Phase 2. Have to cover the lane we scape manure 50 feet to pit. Ridiculous.

20160226_084456_zpsdwrkti9k.jpg

It wont be tied to the old barn so we can take it down easy enough.

Dry for 5 days.....this farm still swamp. Got lucky...or had skill here. Backed out fully loaded with spoilage.

20160226_100240_zpsqmvculmu.jpg

Looks better. They were 4 to 5" off before rebuild of the ol IH 38k suspension.

20160226_083122_zpsqjndoyki.jpg

Spring is in the air....

20160226_130607_zpsd1sjmqo9.jpg

(Camara is getting worse)

I'm going to guess they are a bunch of lease returns. They don't seem to me to be the greatest deals when with discounts you can buy a new 2016 for maybe 10,000 more.

It is interesting that they have so many fairly new trucks. Maybe trucks from the oil patch. Never know where the companies go for the best deal on equipment. They do look pretty decent for company trucks.

Rj, if you carproof then most are from AB. But with 10k miles... Few were lease return from Vancouver area. New Rams are 60 to 80k in BC. The Tradesmen models are 46k with 10k miles. Hard not to just do that if a working mans rig. But, I am a GM guy. We have had or have several at any given time so stocking filters etc is handy when we have a similar generation of trucks between Dad, brother, and Me.

Super clean, about $8 to 10k cheaper than this side of the line. Picking it up Tuesday. 22k miles with the more base set up which I personally prefer. Retirie traded for a 1500, said this was too much for tooling around. I will look into adding fog light just b/c they look clean to me. I feel odd with milk prices doing this but we have been planning on it for some time. Our co-op merged with CNH and we got a surprise check for that. Do to a planning mis comm we cannot make our payment to dad this year (pay him off) b/c tax reasons so X is just sitting there waiting for Obama to take. And the 05 has a locked in buyer for fair price. Kinda one of them "stars alighned just right", situations.

http://m.autotrader.ca/a/5_26882219/gallery?mnclk=1

Rj, if you carproof then most are from AB. But with 10k miles... Few were lease return from Vancouver area. New Rams are 60 to 80k in BC. The Tradesmen models are 46k with 10k miles. Hard not to just do that if a working mans rig. But, I am a GM guy. We have had or have several at any given time so stocking filters etc is handy when we have a similar generation of trucks between Dad, brother, and Me.

Super clean, about $8 to 10k cheaper than this side of the line. Picking it up Tuesday. 22k miles with the more base set up which I personally prefer. Retirie traded for a 1500, said this was too much for tooling around. I will look into adding fog light just b/c they look clean to me. I feel odd with milk prices doing this but we have been planning on it for some time. Our co-op merged with CNH and we got a surprise check for that. Do to a planning mis comm we cannot make our payment to dad this year (pay him off) b/c tax reasons so X is just sitting there waiting for Obama to take. And the 05 has a locked in buyer for fair price. Kinda one of them "stars alighned just right", situations.

fine looking truck!

your coop merged with case new holland??????

That is a sharp truck you are buying!

On the pricing on the new Ram's here in Ontario, the Cummins is no charge this month and there is another $1500 off and that makes a low end SLT about $60,000 cdn. so $13,000 cdn more than they were asking for the 2013 GM with 5 years 100,000 mile powertrain warranty . Just showing my math, looks like you are getting a nice well cared for truck. B) B)

fine looking truck!

your coop merged with case new holland??????

CHS....mis tap! Not sure the advantage for our local guys. Pricea still same.