life in our corner

TroyDairy

I love the way your place blends with the road, so smooth and flat. How busy is the road there? Been a while since I lived where the traffic was minimal.

Busier than in the past but not too bad. We parallel a busy state Highway so folks think they can use this rd for a Fast lane. I call the sheriff few times a year. Last fall the motorcycle cop could not put his kickstand down for 4 hours b/c he was so busy. Speed limit is 35. 50 or less is ok but the frikin 65 70 idiots drive me nuts. I walked out in front of a few to make them stop. The county re chip sealed last summer. Then they painted like 36 hr later. Was real loose rock yet and the paint was gone quick. Esp the fog line.

Oh and it's actually a little hill infront of me there. Looking east fyi

Hill.... Only people in the flat land call that a hill. Your place does look great, Y'all really take care of it.

2 days and page 3? Wow i must be slacking on pictures! Nice easy day after thanksgiving. Some chores and little things. Cold here...for us. 32, 15 mph wind. Been distracted with the Hytran and Oil threads!

Dang loser did not show for work last night. Got (bribbed) the afternoon guy to do a double. Guy is mid 40s with 5 kids ....and now unemployed.

Probably worked long enough to be eligible for unemployment. Now he has the easy job of sitting at home and getting paid to do nothing for a while.

Maybe...other guys dont want to work with him now. Made them work extra and made me grumpy. He text me, like last night, and asked to stop by and explain. I said dont bother. I got a new guy coming and a former guy said he'd cover nights for a week. He has a 23 page manual saying a no show is firing.

Isn't it just sad that it people look at a job like skipping school just no big deal. But your right about other employees getting pissed at having to pic up some loser that doesn't care slack it's just sad that it seems nobody has any pride in what they do

Maybe...other guys dont want to work with him now. Made them work extra and made me grumpy. He text me, like last night, and asked to stop by and explain. I said dont bother. I got a new guy coming and a former guy said he'd cover nights for a week. He has a 23 page manual saying a no show is firing.

How about " sorry, thank you for the chance"

People don't take responsibility anymore. Wait? Which thread......

Make sure you thank the guys that picked up the slack while new guy gets trained. Might want to add a note to your handbook about shift 1 needs to notify you before working over for shift 2,

He was thanked $$$$$$. The fill in guy went to a new job last month. Kinda fell apart so he asked if he could step in full time. Great kid so I said yes. Thinking of trying to make shift for night 2 man job. Not sure enough work though. Maybe 2 12hr shifts even if we're milking every 8 hrs.

He was thanked $$$$$$. The fill in guy went to a new job last month. Kinda fell apart so he asked if he could step in full time. Great kid so I said yes. Thinking of trying to make shift for night 2 man job. Not sure enough work though. Maybe 2 12hr shifts even if we're milking every 8 hrs.

We have two 12 hour shifts. It seems to be the easiest way to schedule the guys. We milk 6 1/2 hours then clean up , repeat .......

We have two 12 hour shifts. It seems to be the easiest way to schedule the guys. We milk 6 1/2 hours then clean up , repeat .......

About the same. We do sooo much to cut labor that we always have 1 milker. Then he stays get 1 pen scrapes helps with next pen then goes home. So 3 10hr shifts. A dbl 15 is hard to manage with 2 guys. They go too fast for good pre/stimulation. I amean sick of guys flaking and here we sit. The guy from last shift stays but can't do it alone.