life in our corner

TroyDairy

Troy, what's the beef about now? I'm like you I'm tired of all the whining about treaty rights, I own the property which gives me homestead rights to the property too.

Latest complaint from the tribe is the Diking districts are in the process of renewing the 5 year maintenance plan for any repairs with the Wa.DOE and ACOE. the tribes are raising h3ll about it since the dikes stops them from fishing in their ''usual and accustomed way'' I would think they might have mentioned this being a problem 150 years ago when the dikes where constructed, however, they didn't so now it's becoming a problem.

On another topic you make it home from EWA. before the big mess hit ? My truck took a load to warden got unloaded , got to George where they shut down the freeway due to an accident caused by dust storm, he turned around and headed for hwy 2 only to get stopped at skykomish for a mud slide. Mama always said there would be days like this.

It just always something. Angry vegan, spoiled tribes, lazy affuent citiots, and then every agency in our state. I came over at 4am. Holy rain! Had wipers on high nearly entire time from MtVernon to CleElm. Pouring and wiiiiind. You swimming?

Yes kinda, Couple of crops aren't feeling good with the amount of water on the field, 1 is a new grass seeding for grass seed the other is about 28 acres of taters, At least I was home in my own bed last night my driver spent it at skykomish sleeping across the seats he got back about 11.00 am A 36 hour trip that should take 12 hours :angry:

So took White Pass. Little snow but no ice. Nice 2 lane rd. Just though the hills b/c below the tree line. 4500'. Slowed and took a few pics. Have to upload them later. Pretty route and I went miles at 75 and seen no one. Came out at the S end of Puget Sound. Cowlitz river basin. Wow I now see why there are nearly no farms left there. What a mushy mucky place. Bullrushes everywhere and after the storm Monday/Tuesday you can see where the water covered near everything. I am sure highway 12 was closed Tuesday. Went for a nice steak oscar for supper. Nice places aint to bad $ if its just for 1!

Best of luck with the issues.

I have found that mostly the people hanging around the state house are in it for themselves more than anything, and the arrangement resembles a random collection of people thrown together with disparate interests. But it often only takes a small voice to make or stop big changes, especially when rationale is on your side. And if you are the only one present, you win. I stopped several motions from passing.

If things are going weird, money is on the line somewhere. Usually in some back room. And it usually involves stopping competition.

Hey....i bet lots of people east of the Mississippi have never seen one.

Maybe east of the mississippi and south of the mason dixon , Plenty of those up my way :)

I 24 has a couple in the Southbound lanes coming off monteagle "mountain" between Nashville and Chattanooga. Never seen one on a small road though.

I need to see the NE region.

Swing by and stay a night or two... I am sure Bill will let you milk a milking at his place

There are two or three on I-40 heading east from Asheville / Black Mountain down to Old Fort, seems like the may be one or two on US421 east from Boone. We have a little culture in NC! There aren't any ramps on the Saluda Grade on I-26. That's more of a "hey ya'll watch this" kind of ride.

Swing by and stay a night or two... I am sure Bill will let you milk a milking at his place

got that right! we had 3 heifers freshen today, makes 37.

the runaway truck ramp i've seen most is on I90 eastbound in massachusetts

Well I stand corrected. I figured with your guys hills there would be no use for them runaway ramps. My uncle whom has drove for decades said if you need it you better NEED it. Said most trucks dont fair to well.

My hearing went good. DOE did their spheel. Our Dairy federation guy and a dairyman then showed the FACTS from the DOEs own research showing the new regs are totally a control grab. The Senate seemed to agree. They kinda poked at the doe guys data...or lack of.

got that right! we had 3 heifers freshen today, makes 37.

the runaway truck ramp i've seen most is on I90 eastbound in massachusetts

That's the one I thought of for one on the east although they could probably had used 1or two on the Mohawk trail or a few of the hills in southern VT

Good deal on the hearing. Hate to say it but they will be back. Nothing better to do and they need a checkmark to show they did something.

Every ramp I have seen pretty much meant the end for the truck. Would be a rough ride. Late 70s there was a spill every year on I-15 Mountain Pass south of Vegas. Usually a lettuce truck. I don't think the excess speed was the killer but rather the 55 mph cars acting as obstacles. The hill is less than 10 miles with a straight run out. But I once nearly crushed a Cadillac that pulled into the left lane at 56 to pass somebody. Couldn't see my own trailer for the tire smoke, but could see magazines laying on the back seat. Cab overs do have good visibility! :lol:

Well interesting morning. Brother went to load bedding and notice rat crap all over the McCormick floor and console. Put bait block down under the console and on trans. I vacuumed it out the crap. And figured i better see if it got in the wires. Loosened the console and boom! There next to the tran module is a rat. Head to tail about the size of a banana and same girth. Still soft. Dad says the poison is fast. Was about 2 hours between poison and me cleaning. I hate rats!. Got a bucket of poison...its going everywhere. They seem bad this year here. Radio even had a segment on it. Put some Fresh Cab in our little S1900...they chewed up everything but the Fresh cab bag! 3 poison bars...almost gone within the week!. Hate them!

I love the way your place blends with the road, so smooth and flat. How busy is the road there? Been a while since I lived where the traffic was minimal.

Busier than in the past but not too bad. We parallel a busy state Highway so folks think they can use this rd for a Fast lane. I call the sheriff few times a year. Last fall the motorcycle cop could not put his kickstand down for 4 hours b/c he was so busy. Speed limit is 35. 50 or less is ok but the frikin 65 70 idiots drive me nuts. I walked out in front of a few to make them stop. The county re chip sealed last summer. Then they painted like 36 hr later. Was real loose rock yet and the paint was gone quick. Esp the fog line.