life in our corner

TroyDairy

Yup, Troy yer special, The question is, when you going to have a few bulls around their to take over the farm or you going the son in law route as your retirement plan? Nice family photo by the way.

Yup, Troy yer special, The question is, when you going to have a few bulls around their to take over the farm or you going the son in law route as your retirement plan? Nice family photo by the way.

Dairy? Retire? Those two words seem strange together

X2

X2
This from someone with experience... ?

Those words weren't strange together around this area. When the guys that milked around here when I was growing up got out. When they got out of dairying they were out for good.

I admire you guys. You guys truly love dairy farming and it takes that to not burn out doing it. You definitely love what you do.

My Grandpa milked cows with the help of his kids and later was a partner with my Dad milking them. Dad absolutely HATED dairying. They finally got out of milking cows in the summer of 1978. Dad never missed the milk cows. We have a heard of beef cows where w they used to milk cow and feed cattle. Dad always has said if milk cows ever came back someone else was going to take care of them, he sure wasn't.

I think you are referring to Sea Level vs ground level. Weather guess says 1000'. That little hill there aint over 2500 iirc. We went for a ride after lunch to MT Baker..50 miles up, snow started about 800' i would guess. I should look. It was on the sides by 1st town up the hill. I figure it is not too high. Mt Baker ski resort opens Thursday. 60" since Friday i hear. It was weeetttttt snow so not real cold yet. Hard to make snow balls it was so heavy.

Got it. Ya'll are pretty low. In southern Nevada I have seen a fresh snow line go for 100 miles. It always seemed a bit weird when starting out above the snow and then dropping below it as the trip progressed. The snow looked to get higher and higher, but I was lowering and lowering :)

In about January of 76 there was a big snow going on and had to travel the pass to get home, just like every week. There was ice under the snow and it had been tracked up real bad when slushy. Just before Oak Spring Summit I passed cop car stuck. No plows had reached it yet. He was supposed to be there to warn off travelers, and tried to tell me to go back but no way Jose. I was within a mile of the top, and warmer weather awaited on the other side. Eased out the clutch and the Gold Wing kept on going. Down the other side was a riot on two wheels.

Dropped out of the snow at about 3000, which was some 50 miles farther down the highway. Another 25 and the rear tire went flat <_< It was 35 miles back to a gas station, and 70 miles on to Vegas. 105 miles of nothing except for two red light houses. Got lucky (?) and parked it at Sherrys Ranch. My buddy Al came by an hour later and I caught a ride to town. Took a lot of ribbing of the Sherry diversion.

Troy, what's the beef about now? I'm like you I'm tired of all the whining about treaty rights, I own the property which gives me homestead rights to the property too.

Latest complaint from the tribe is the Diking districts are in the process of renewing the 5 year maintenance plan for any repairs with the Wa.DOE and ACOE. the tribes are raising h3ll about it since the dikes stops them from fishing in their ''usual and accustomed way'' I would think they might have mentioned this being a problem 150 years ago when the dikes where constructed, however, they didn't so now it's becoming a problem.

On another topic you make it home from EWA. before the big mess hit ? My truck took a load to warden got unloaded , got to George where they shut down the freeway due to an accident caused by dust storm, he turned around and headed for hwy 2 only to get stopped at skykomish for a mud slide. Mama always said there would be days like this.

Troy, what's the beef about now? I'm like you I'm tired of all the whining about treaty rights, I own the property which gives me homestead rights to the property too.

Latest complaint from the tribe is the Diking districts are in the process of renewing the 5 year maintenance plan for any repairs with the Wa.DOE and ACOE. the tribes are raising h3ll about it since the dikes stops them from fishing in their ''usual and accustomed way'' I would think they might have mentioned this being a problem 150 years ago when the dikes where constructed, however, they didn't so now it's becoming a problem.

On another topic you make it home from EWA. before the big mess hit ? My truck took a load to warden got unloaded , got to George where they shut down the freeway due to an accident caused by dust storm, he turned around and headed for hwy 2 only to get stopped at skykomish for a mud slide. Mama always said there would be days like this.

It just always something. Angry vegan, spoiled tribes, lazy affuent citiots, and then every agency in our state. I came over at 4am. Holy rain! Had wipers on high nearly entire time from MtVernon to CleElm. Pouring and wiiiiind. You swimming?