50 series shifting issue No 1,3, or 5th gear

Snowmad

So dad was happily chopping corn today with the 5088 when he shifted to 3rd gear, low range and the Sentry light came on. I told him to cycle the clutch and hopefully it would reset and be OK. Well, it isn't. It won't move in 1st, 3rd, or 5th gears now. The light comes on, and sometimes he said when he shifts from one to another like 4th to 3rd it seems to keep moving in 4th. Any ideas? I only have a half dozen more loads to chop, will it hurt the tractor to keep driving it? What's wrong?

Man, I hope it's not that expensive black box under the steering column...

Any help would be appreciated!

Mike, I'm looking at your card right now that I got at Red Power. I'm leaving town tomorrow for an IH themed vacation to Ct. (the silo has to settle anyway!) but I will let dad know there is hope and help available! I'll contact you next week if he can't figure it out in the mean time. Thanks thanks thanks!

Mike can fix you up. Had the same problem as you a few weeks ago.did his wire updates.switched the sensors under the floor, the module was bad. Get the parts from him, case ih modules suck.my module was the original,not bad for 30 years.

Archived