7120 magnum door, uhoh

My brother was pushing silage next to a concrete bunker wall with the door open and hit the wall with the door. It is kinked in two places and window is gone. I have called Salem tractor parts and Meyers Salvage and have had no luck. Does anyone know of another salvage yard that may have one or anyone else that may have one? Are they the same from 7100 to 7200 and 8900 series? What is the best and cheapest aftermarket route to take? Winter will be here soon enough, thanks, Rob

Sorry, Salem tractor parts is part of the all states ag parts stores, I had them looking yesterday with no luck. Nothing used, but can get a new door skin for 750. I was hoping to get it fixed for less than that, but may be only option. Thanks, rob

Ditto on checking with your farm insurance. I got a used door from Bootheel a year ago and it was kind of rough, had to do some work and cleaning and then a few coats of primer to smooth out a couple places, but painted up good after that. It was running $1250 and did not have the plastic inside trim with it. Going with the insurance route you can get a new door from dealer and the parts you need for the price of your deductible.

Good thought Travis....I forgot that Hy Cap has the primered door shell. This would work good since you have a good door latch and hinges and all. Glass can be gotten locally from a supplier. I needed all the hardware and hinges and latches, so buying everything really added up quickly.

Why was he operating the tractor with the door open?My old boss aways got after us if we didnt close the tractor/truck doors. He had a cow rip the door off his new pickup because he left it open.

Why was he operating the tractor with the door open?My old boss aways got after us if we didnt close the tractor/truck doors. He had a cow rip the door off his new pickup because he left it open.

Amen........ They have a/c for a reason ;-]

My insurance is $3000 dedu so we would not hoe that row. But Bootheel and Kern County/Abilene should have something. Last flyer I got had a 71xx in the pic as just in.

The belt would squeal for a few seconds when the ac is first engaged, probably needs to be tightened. That's why he had door open, cause he was afraid he would wreck ac. I told him ac is more common fix than door. He felt like a horses a$$ after he did it. I think I found one, should know in a few days. rob

Archived