Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JD Humm

Lonestars

The heui isn't a cam less engine, still use's the camshaft to open/close the intake & exhaust valves. The injectors opened with 3000psi oil pressure. 3126, C7 from Cat. Very similar injection system is used on the 466 from IH. More or less same concept in the powerstroke engines that Ford sold. I have worked on a lot 3126 over the years, it was a turd.

I saw another Lonestar last Tuesday as we headed north from Natchez Mississippi. Interestingly I saw a lot of Internationals between Natchez and Memphis; the ratio dropped off as we headed further north to Sikeston........

The heui isn't a cam less engine, still use's the camshaft to open/close the intake & exhaust valves. The injectors opened with 3000psi oil pressure. 3126, C7 from Cat. Very similar injection system is used on the 466 from IH. More or less same concept in the powerstroke engines that Ford sold. I have worked on a lot 3126 over the years, it was a turd.

HEUI is "H"ydraulic. "E"lectronic "U"nit "I"njector.

If you re-read my prior post you'll see I said, "IH used SIMILAR TECHNOLOGY to produce a cam-less engine", meaning they used high pressure oil and computer controlled electronic valving to control the hyd. pressure to open/close the intake/exh. valves. No where did I state or imply that HEUI was a cam-less engine.

Renualt, Ferrari, Mercedes, and in years gone by, Toyota, & Honda used hydrauliclly actuated intake & exh. valves on their Formula 1 race car engines which ran up to 19,000 to 20,000 RPM before the FIA regulated a maximum engine RPM. So the technology does work really well.

NOW.... To get this thread back on topic, I still haven't seen a LONESTAR on the road. SON is coming home from a 1500 mile Boondoogle this afternoon from the midwest to the south-eastern US... I'll ask if he saw any.

I see a lonestar about once a week on I 69 in northern IN and Southern MI. I will try to get a carrier name next time I see it.

I actually see them around here on a regular basis. Local BTO has 4 of them but I hardly ever see his.

jerry

I see a lonestar about once a week on I 69 in northern IN and Southern MI. I will try to get a carrier name next time I see it.

My local firm has one. Barnets Inc. Its red and governed for their Canadian run. Goes north once a week. Lil brother dislikes it, too little power because of their speed limitations .

I watched Barrett's Auction on Speed Channel and a Lonestar was in a commercial for a company that ships these cars.

Local feedlot owns one lone star that hauls feed from the ethonal/other plant everyday. Sharp looking truck, but I wouldn't want to know what they paid for it.

End of the day I'm happy with my 9300 day cab to haul corn.

Would own a Lonestar glider. Have seen one someone made into a tow truck. It was pretty sharp. Saw a Lonestar someone had leased to Landstar. We were heading opposite directions so didnt chat at him on the cb. Personally, my favorite body is the Coranado. Too bad after 200k they have the freighshaker rattles.

I just took a two week trip with the car - MN to Seattle to visit daughter, down to Portland and Eugene and back via I-94 - then I 90 billings to Seattle and actually I was quite surprised how many Lonestars there were on the road. We were near the coast when the rain system moved on shore that spawned the huge snows in Wyo/ SD etc. Looked like we might in it but got past Billings last Wed and were ahead of it. I guess Mt go some of it but not as bad as a little south of there

Rick/MN

common site here. navistars outnumber any other truck 2:1post-68134-0-44798500-1381370867_thumb.j

The engines are killing them ,Maxxforce 13 is a total nightmare ,with the most common problem being a EGR cooler that requires 10 hours to replace ,and some of them wont last 100,000 miles

The maxxforce platform was such a flop ,Navistar quit building the Maxxforce 15 big bore engine .

Add in the fact that somehow Navistar has turned the Maxxforce DT into the most unreliable truck engine ,I have ever had the displeasure of attempting to work on -After I took the cab loose and jacked it up to get the valve cover off .

The bright part of this story IS ,Navistar is now offering the ISX cummins in the class 8 trucks , and the 6.7 Cummins in the mid size trucks ,That Might just save them .

To continue on the present path of Maxxforce engines will not be good for the company .

I just Hope Navistar is awake now ,That last fellow running the company almost bankrupted them attempting to get to 2010 emissions with massive EGR flow and not using urea .

There is a lot of work to be done at Navistar , time will tell if they are successful . I think they are trying ,I have seen some changes in the production .

Merritor axles ,must have moved their company to china ,they have ruined their reputation , in the heavy industry . And are the main supplier to Navistar ,its a perfect storm they are caught up in .

They are going to have to address the quality , loose bolts ,air valves plumbed backwards , paint peeling off .

They are going to have to address the quality , loose bolts ,air valves plumbed backwards , paint peeling off .

i agree. i would stick with cummins and cat while i revamped in house engines. from what i understand the cabs are going to be upgraded again. updated. **** who knows. their last v8 the maxx7 doesnt seem to be suffering the same pitfalls as the rest of the maxx engines.

According to this press release from Navistar, we should be seeing more LoneStars on the highway soon:

Celadon, a large truckload carrier based in Indianapolis, has purchased nearly 500 International LoneStar on-highway tractors with Cummins ISX15 engines. This marks the largest one-time order of LoneStar units and presents us with a unique opportunity to showcase our brand all over the country.

“Celadon is a true partner, and this is another example of the confidence the market has in our products,” said Bill Kozek, president, North America Truck and Parts. “It also wasn’t by accident that we were asked to provide LoneStar units.”

Over the years, Celadon has been a loyal International customer. Recently, the company invested in new ProStar units and this led to follow-up conversations about the now finalized LoneStar deal.

“In this industry, we are the best at managing relationships and putting our customers first,” Bill said. “By providing great products and backing up our offerings with great service, we’ll continue to win. Celadon is also one of the fleets using OnCommand Connection, which provides a number of tools to help fleet managers further maximize vehicle uptime.”

Through OnCommand Connection, we offer Celadon access to real-time fault codes, vehicle locations, nearby dealer locations and fault code action plans. Access to these tools helps fleet managers support quicker repairs and control maintenance and repair costs. Today, we support more than 30,000 vehicles through OnCommand Connection – including all makes.

“Compelling relationships and great service support provided by our International dealers made all the difference in this deal,” said Dennis Huffmon, vice president and general manager, Midwest Region. “We need to stay focused and continue to deliver for each and every customer because those efforts will keep us well positioned for the future.”

“Our sales team continues to do tremendous work every day and I am encouraged by the progress we’ve made already this year,” said James Ryan, sales director, Midwest Region. “We have many more deals to win, but this one is definitely worth celebrating.”

to bad they shut down the Chatham plant international lost so many sales after it closed big buyers like wal-mart quit buying when it closed. not a lot of diff from a pro star to lonestar or workstar all the same cabs . good trucks best thing they can do is put the ISX back in way better than the junk force they use.

international lose alot off sales do to the fallout with cummings in 2010 and the maxiforce engine..... since 2013 u can get a isx cummings in the trucks again expert for the lonestar..makes no since but they are making the 9900 again with a cummings .. only difference between a lonestar and a prostar is the front end ,same cab different trim ...lots off them around montreal ..

plus if u smash a lonestar up ,the front parts are $$$$