Farmall M and H PTO shield

Aussie Inter

Can anybody tell me this difference between a Farmall M and H pto shield. Is it just the size? Could a H shield be fitted to a M as I have been offered one and these don't come up very often second hand in Australia.

M 10.5 inches long, H 13 inches long. About 3/4 inch difference from the top mounting hole to the bottom ones in height. Also the bottom mounting hole straps extend in more to the center than the M. You could modify the lower mounting straps and get it bolted on. Covers are close to the same height and width and maybe were the same same when new. Dave

Easy refit to put one on. Too bad you didn't live near me I have a M PTO cover you could have.

I hate having to deal with those things and trying to get sticky shaft couplers off or mounting PTO hydraulic pumps.

Hey aussie....i found the pto shield for our M and tomororrow I' m going out to mount it but it appears Mr.Tcmtech may have what u need? If not let me know and I'll have it measured up for ya. Sorry it took so long!

Yeh that would be great 66driver. I have not heard from tcmtech yet. If he wont post to me or it costs too much I will let you know. Thanks for your help. Glad you found the shield.

Back from Canada so I will have a look around the shop tomorrow and see what I can find.

I got to thinking about it and I have or at least at one time had both H and M PTO covers from two of our tractors but will have to test fit and see which one is which, if I can find both of them that is.

My wife and I did a major shop clean out last year and a lot of old tractor parts went in the scrap at the time so I may be wrong on what I have laying around. I do know there is one behind the vice bench but I dont know which one. :unsure:

This is why I absolutely hate taking other peoples well intended advice on cleaning my shop and to what I should hold on to and what I should scrap. No matter what I do I end up with regrets in the end for the efforts put forth. :angry:

Let me know if you have the M shield. DON'T let your wife help to clean out your shed!

Archived