Here's the difference between box stores & dealers

BOOMER LANDT

I did not think it would have been fair to buy elsewhere and take it to them for service.

So you bought from the dealer now your feel like a "perferred" customer and your tune up job is more important than mine? I never understood this? I understand loyalty, but the bottom line is your personal finance. If you can buy cheaper elsewhere do it, and if (like I say IF) your dealer gives you a hassle bringing it to them for service go elsewhere too. Money is money, who cares where you bought it, they should just be happy they got the service contract for the box store!

I have to disagree with you on this Ernst. I don't think anyone is saying the dealer won't service the item bought at the box store. But if it was my store and I had 1 in for service that was purchased at my store and 1 that was bought somewhere else I know which would be the priority for me.

so do you always do everyone else's job for them? last time i checked if i went to a dealer for a part they have the personel that should know how to do their job :rolleyes:

Ever think of making someone elses job easier rather than getting your jollies watching them fumble then tell your friends and neighbor how clueless they were?

If they cant do their job thats their problem. he was asking for mower blades, not some crazy obscure part.

i dont see people doing my job for me so why should i do theirs for them??

Seems some people come along and make your life difficult huh? Mower blades may be common for you and I. But the guy behind the counter may have only ever used a reel push mower and seriously does not have a clue. So the crazy obscure part was indeed mower blades! Because you gotta look up old cub cadets under garden tractors in the parts lookup thingy.

well, if he works somewhere that sells MOWERS he should probably step up his game and learn about those ever elusive mower blades....... :rolleyes:

I did not think it would have been fair to buy elsewhere and take it to them for service.

So you bought from the dealer now your feel like a "perferred" customer and your tune up job is more important than mine? I never understood this? I understand loyalty, but the bottom line is your personal finance. If you can buy cheaper elsewhere do it, and if (like I say IF) your dealer gives you a hassle bringing it to them for service go elsewhere too. Money is money, who cares where you bought it, they should just be happy they got the service contract for the box store!

I have to disagree with you on this Ernst. I don't think anyone is saying the dealer won't service the item bought at the box store. But if it was my store and I had 1 in for service that was purchased at my store and 1 that was bought somewhere else I know which would be the priority for me.

Good for you, I can't stand that mentality! No body is but they are insinuating that. Too bad they feel its not fair to give the guy business in the service department also. I never understood that and never will..... It's all work and money in your pocket if your the servicing dealer regardelss on how you look at it. Sure you may make more money on a sale, but you don't sell machines every day. You do service machines every day, so in turn you make more money servicing than selling!

Reasons like this is why some buy at box stores and keep their fingers crossed they don't need service and sell the thing with a minor issue, dealers give preferenial treatment to some and those buying at the box stores get treated like an azzhole so they don't go to the dealer because they feel they will get treated the same by the salesman as the serviceman! Its a never ending cycle!

so do you always do everyone else's job for them? last time i checked if i went to a dealer for a part they have the personel that should know how to do their job :rolleyes:

Ever think of making someone elses job easier rather than getting your jollies watching them fumble then tell your friends and neighbor how clueless they were?

If they cant do their job thats their problem. he was asking for mower blades, not some crazy obscure part.

i dont see people doing my job for me so why should i do theirs for them??

Seems some people come along and make your life difficult huh? Mower blades may be common for you and I. But the guy behind the counter may have only ever used a reel push mower and seriously does not have a clue. So the crazy obscure part was indeed mower blades! Because you gotta look up old cub cadets under garden tractors in the parts lookup thingy.

well, if he works somewhere that sells MOWERS he should probably step up his game and learn about those ever elusive mower blades....... :rolleyes:

He was probably in charge of the plumbing department so he knew where the utility blades were, as for mowers he knows what they look like!

I'm sure the dealerships enjoy the Big Box store contracts to make money and keep busy. I have some friends that live in town that bought mowers from big box stores and the only thing they know how to do is start the mower and go. So what happens when they go out to mow and the mower doesnt start? Call the store who contacts the dealer to work on it. They e out pick up the mower and take it to the shop they diagnose the problem (low oil) fix it load it back up and deliver it. So the Dealer makes money on pick up and delivery plus the service fee. I'm sure if a dealer has a long time customer come in they get special treatment (I hope they do). In the end money is money.

OK Ernest. We agree to disagree.

A customer is not a customer. You have good and bad. I weed out the bad, a few slip thru, and cater to the good. Demand exceeds supply in my business. It wasn`t that way when I started but it is now. Call it what you want, dislike it if you choose but that`s the way it is.

If a bad customer comes, [and a bad customer can only be labeled so AFTER he has proven so by becoming a new customer and breaking one off in me], I propose repair date of next month. Usually he/she goes away to break one off in another. When I get a new customer that has been here all the years I have my first question is, "Where have you been for 30 years"? Why are you here now? Usually a reason for that. Nope, don`t need bad ones only good ones.

A relationship between a customer and merchant is critical today in order for what happened to you at inspection shop not to happen.

I beat into all my kids when they left home to do so. 3 did and the one that didn`t has same problems you had.

You take care of me as your shop and I will definitely take care of you day AND night with price and service but don`t blow in here expecting me to beat the box store`s deal until you prove your "good" customer qualities first.

It`s been this way for years and not gonna change whether you like it or not!

Archived