Soybeans w/o roundup. What herbicides do you use?

acem

I have about had it with roundup ready beans. I have to buy them (legally) and can't get them when I want them (I like to plant early). The grass I have is becoming resistant to roundup and so many of my neighbors have resistant pigweeds that I will soon if just from the wind...

I am currently using prowl followed by dual. All I need to add is some broad leaf chemicals to the mix. Alot of my neighbors are using valor.

So what herbicides are y'all using when you don't use roundup?

Will I be able to get buy with drilling my beans or will I have to go back to cultivating them?

Thx-Ace

dual and sencor down followed by flexstar post, just be sure you don't post too late as it's been known to carryover in certain conditions.

I ordered some Ozark soybean sead (non GMO) to try this year along with my Armor RR. They will cost me $20/bag less so I will have that much to add to my broad leaf chemical package. I will see how it goes... I think it will work great. Hopefully they will get the Non GMO Soybean buying program up so I can get a premium also. Thx-Ace

We have grown non-gmo soybeans since we started farming in 1991. Our current program is one quart of trifluralin (generic Treflan) incorporated one time with a soil finisher. We come back post with Cobra (or any diphenyl-ether) and Raptor. The Cobra is supposed to take care of the waterhemp and the Raptor picks up any grass escapes and handles the large seeded broadleaves. The only real problem we have is when the tillage pass doesn't kill the lambsquarter. None of our post chemicals seems to do any good on the lambsquarter. We're exploring the possibility of no-till non-gmo beans. Has anyone done that with success? Paul

We have grown non-gmo soybeans since we started farming in 1991. Our current program is one quart of trifluralin (generic Treflan) incorporated one time with a soil finisher. We come back post with Cobra (or any diphenyl-ether) and Raptor. The Cobra is supposed to take care of the waterhemp and the Raptor picks up any grass escapes and handles the large seeded broadleaves. The only real problem we have is when the tillage pass doesn't kill the lambsquarter. None of our post chemicals seems to do any good on the lambsquarter. We're exploring the possibility of no-till non-gmo beans. Has anyone done that with success? Paul

Haven't yet but planning on it also. I just found a source for non-gmo seed for corn and beans.

http://welterseed.com/default.aspx

I thought I'd use dual magnum II but it may not get everything.

Archived