IH 1466 Hydraulic Return Line

I recently purchased a different IH 900 planter which the previous owner ran off of the remotes instead of with a PTO pump. The planter didn’t come with a PTO pump and so I plan to run it off of the remotes also. Everyone is always talking about needing to return the fluid through a return line instead of back through the remotes.

Is there a good simple location to return oil on the 1466’s?

One gentleman suggested tapping a fitting into the center of the top 3pt link housing which I guess has an oval opening behind it. I would have to remove the coupler and replace it with a plug if I needed to use the 3 pt which wouldn’t be a big deal.

Any suggestion/pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks

Look on the righthand side of the [ facing the back of the trac.] were the 3 point rockerarm come out of the housing almost around the corner from the thirdlink . Sometimes you'll find a pipe plug in the side of the housing and you could put an elbow in there and plum you coupler to that .

John, thanks for the advice. I will look tomorrow when I'm down there. Your idea sounds a whole lot easier than messing with the tap and die. Just curious if you know where the plug dumps the oil into? Is it straight back into the reservoir.

Archived