Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FarmallLover

IH Cab-Over Rig... Need info.

Thanks IHRunner. :)

Levi

call me crazy but ive NEVER seen a transtar with a gas engine assuming when he said 'cabover' he meant CO4070 or a CO4070B

you may be right buddy. but i think our 67 co4000 had an lv8 549 gasser. not sure man. but i think early transtars like the 4000's had an optional gasser

were the 4000's called Transtars? I didnt think the 'transtar' name was tagged until the 4070's.......

dam*......im gonna have to go read my books now...... :lol:

were the 4000's called Transtars? I didnt think the 'transtar' name was tagged until the 4070's.......

dam*......im gonna have to go read my books now...... :lol:

you aint the only one. im pretty sure ours said co4000 transtar. and gas....now you got me feelin like a jerk. hope i havent been tellin the lad lies

so in 65 the COF-4000 came out. crismons book didnt say anything about gassers in them, but lists a wide variety of diesels. in '68 they introduced the CO-4070A and the picture of it you can see the 'transtar' plate on the door. The book said in '68 they were known as CO-Transtar.......hmmm

looks like very late '73 was when the CO-4070B came out, known as Transtar II

hmm. looks like i was wrong then buddy. good call

hmm. looks like i was wrong then buddy. good call

im not saying you're wrong, just what i could find in the book. there is sooooo much on IH trucks his book would be at least a few thousand pages to try and cover it all

I have a COF 4000 in the trees that I ran for several years, but I don't remember ever seeing "Transtar" on it anywhere. I think that came with the 4070 series.

If the snow would ever leave, I could go look. :(

Mike

The Transtar name was introduced with the CO-4070A as I recall.

The CO-4000 came with either the VS-461 or VS-549. With a diesel, it was known as the CO-4000-D and that was the bulk of the production.

I don't think any gas engines were offered in the Transtar. In the numbering scheme that came into use at this time, the third digit of the model indicated the engine so a gas model would have been a CO-4010A that I cannot recall. The 7 in the CO-4070A indicated a large-bore diesel engine.

In the Fleetstar lineup, there was the 2010A with gas, 2050A with a medium diesel, and 2070A with a large diesel. A CO-4050A with a DV-550 or Cummins 555 sounds a bit familiar, but if there were any, they were few and far between. There was a CO-4090A with the 12V71 engine.

darn. well i apologize to the original poster. i was off my rocker apparently

Its alright IHRunner. My friend has been kind of confusing with me. This in turn hasn't helped y'all with the responses. I feel like it's my fault.

Aside from the problems in communication, is it worth getting? Or should we run from it?

all crap....nobodies at fault here we were just all driving down 3 different roads.......lol

as far as figuring up value, condition, model, etc thats easily fixed with some good pics. pics can tell us LOTS of info and we can definately help you out.

any old truck can be repaired it just depends on initial cost and condition and what you want to spend

Haven't got it unburied yet.... The owner right now has it in a garage. From what I know as of now, it is in desperate need of TLC. It is missing multiple parts, has a bad fifth wheel, broken driverside windshield, etc. It is also missing airhoses and airlines. Like I have said previously on this thread, the owner used it as a parts truck. I actually think that my friend was only saying that it came with parts to keep me from running away instead of helping him get it. That is also probably why he is giving it to me.... Dunno. Will post pics as soon as I can.

A suggestion for painting is like this International I saw a Iowa 80 a few years ago . Red and white seem to suit IH trucks

post-43866-0-78187800-1364802816_thumb.j

Thanks Martin Thompson. It does look pretty sharp.

If this is an April Fool's joke, you guys have been worked pretty good.

GT&T

Huh???? I don't really know what ya mean. All of this is really true. My friend is truly trying to figure this out. He wants me to make the decision. I need to know what to look for and everything. He knows very little 'bout the rig and I only know what he has been telling me and what I have been finding out fom here... So GT&T, please tell us what ya mean. This is NOT an April Fool's joke.

Levi

The rig has not been moved in quite a few years. The original trucking company has three of them. One good one, one parts truck, and one that is beyond all repair. The one that we are trying to get is the parts truck. It has been in a shop for many years with stuff piling up around it. I would not be inquiring about the dangers of going into something if I didn't think that my friend was telling me the truth. But he may have lied to me about it coming with extra parts to ease my mind. I suffer from anxiety isues. Thank y'all for those who have truly been giving me an idea about these rigs. I truly do appreciate it.

Huh???? I don't really know what ya mean. All of this is really true. My friend is truly trying to figure this out. He wants me to make the decision. I need to know what to look for and everything. He knows very little 'bout the rig and I only know what he has been telling me and what I have been finding out fom here... So GT&T, please tell us what ya mean. This is NOT an April Fool's joke.

Levi

I'm sorry if you were offended by my suggesting this was an April Fool's joke. I did not say he was lying.

GT&T

A suggestion for painting is like this International I saw a Iowa 80 a few years ago . Red and white seem to suit IH trucks

that thing is just plain sexy.........id trade my KW K100E in a heartbeat for a clean ole Transtar II.........

that thing is just plain sexy.........id trade my KW K100E in a heartbeat for a clean ole Transtar II.........

Till you drove it 5 hours! ;) You need to get some photos here Farmall of this mystery truck. Then we can give you much better consultation.

Till you drove it 5 hours! ;) You need to get some photos here Farmall of this mystery truck. Then we can give you much better consultation.

I would if I could. My friend has not talked to me since Thursday of two weeks ago. The only time that I see him is in school. Hopefully I can get a chance to talk to him more about it. As soon as I get pictures of it, I will post it for y'all.