Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MTO

I bought myself an IH 200 dump

Nice looking truck MTO I'd love have it. Do you have to do any work to it other than the wipers?

Yup, fix the holes in the box so the ice an water dose`nt run out, so the beer stays Cold on the way to Lima !

HP

well he better get that done fast lima will be here before he knows it. He should put 6ft sides on it to hold more ice and beer.

Well boys, haven`t had the time, ambition and money all at the same time to do anything to it yet. Does need some attention to the carb as they replaced it and said never adjusted etc. so first will be getting a hole open in the shop here to give it a once over. Has non-bud wheels in the front, who knows why, bed is heavy duty but has some welding repairs needed, no biggy, needs a trans as 4th gear is extremely noisy, but goes down the road fine, 6 brand new 10 plys on it, need to install wiper switch, glove box missing, tunes, some nice carpeting, service it and I think she`ll be ready for the "project". Bought a set of MF 3-bottoms for the 584D, gonna put in a new 1K ft driveway so the 584 and the 200 will get their legs stretched again. Might hafta take the Nissan to Lima as it has a plastic bed liner for the beer!

Well boys, haven`t had the time, ambition and money all at the same time to do anything to it yet. Does need some attention to the carb as they replaced it and said never adjusted etc. so first will be getting a hole open in the shop here to give it a once over. Has non-bud wheels in the front, who knows why, bed is heavy duty but has some welding repairs needed, no biggy, needs a trans as 4th gear is extremely noisy, but goes down the road fine, 6 brand new 10 plys on it, need to install wiper switch, glove box missing, tunes, some nice carpeting, service it and I think she`ll be ready for the "project". Bought a set of MF 3-bottoms for the 584D, gonna put in a new 1K ft driveway so the 584 and the 200 will get their legs stretched again. Might hafta take the Nissan to Lima as it has a plastic bed liner for the beer!

Besides, there would'nt be room in the IH for beer cause of all the gas cans you'll have to carry. B)

Yeah Tom, noticed that on the trip home. Gas guage, which worked, went down in relationship to the speedo going up. Those DEEP gears, 45 mph screaming, don`t help but you can pull out of a stop sign in 3rd! What it`s gonna do is 1st and 2nd gear stuff anyhow.

well you will be able to pull the stumps with out any problem. Think of how much syrup you can haul from up at the great north. It might take you a while to get there and back but it will be worth it.

Just trying to get the time to tweak it so when weather allows, it`s ready to rock. 2 neighbors have asked for it already as sat it out a couple days to work in shed and they spied it. They have lots of projects for me as their workhorses are lawn mowers with carts behind. Oh well....

hey good deal buddy. looks like you'll be busy for a while. if i can put in my two cents. dont let me near it. it will. i repeat will go home with me. if you need a tranny at some point for it i may make a trip up to bfe

hey good deal buddy. looks like you'll be busy for a while. if i can put in my two cents. dont let me near it. it will. i repeat will go home with me. if you need a tranny at some point for it i may make a trip up to bfe

Been getting calls from neighbors about it as out in view. of course, none of them work. retired or on a PA Access card, about what it is there for. I tell them it`s a restoration and won`t run.

oi now thats funny mate. its a heck of a truck. you'll enjoy her. my loadstar has seen many hours of gravel. dirt. boulders. cars. trash. trees. never phases an ih.

Getting the 584 ready as about died on me last wkd. Servicing, adjusting and lubing. Get the plows on her and set up THEN it`s the 200`s turn in the shop. Almost afraid what I`m gonna find but.... looking forward to the project tho. Wife says"When are you gonna have time to do all this and go to the shop?" Reply... might close up for awhile! yeah, wishful thinking....

atta boy. now i only want positive updates from you.

Been getting calls from neighbors about it as out in view. of course, none of them work. retired or on a PA Access card, about what it is there for. I tell them it`s a restoration and won`t run.

Farm Truck,see that yellow sticker on the door,can't use it for nothing else.

exSW, good idea.