Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holley carb rebuild

It's time to freshen up the carb in the B160. It's a Holley 2 barrel. Are they a bugar to rebuild? Thanks!

swap for the 2300! lol. oreily's carries your rebuild kit. its enjoyable if you ask me

Enjoyable? I'm not patient at all! I'll ship it to you and you can "enjoy" away! Lol

Enjoyable? I'm not patient at all! I'll ship it to you and you can "enjoy" away! Lol

i have a shelf full of rebuilt ones. no paitence needed. most holley 2bbls are a cake. 3 pieces. 3 gaskets. well 4 gaskets in your case cause they make sure to send both types for the holley smogomatic if thats what you have. new accel pump cup. and a few other odds and ends i think, and thats that

Just ordered it from oreileys. Will find out at 10:30 tomorrow!

Just ordered it from oreileys. Will find out at 10:30 tomorrow!

hey good deal buddy. i hope it doesnt throw you for a loop. if you have any troubles theres a whole section on carb tech at IHPA. brillant guys on that. if you need i have carbs in different stages of build too for pictures man

Thanks a lot!

On Holleys with horizontal float bowl screws! 2300 and 4100's possibly others.

The biggest mistake you can make when rebuilding a holley is to overtighten the bowl screws. You will warp the base and then it will never seal again.

It will become a perculator for fuel, causing hard hot starts and other "cuss a holley issues".

Always verify the power valve diaphram is not ruptured.

Carbs are all tin cans with a nail hole for fuel control.

I actually still run a carb on a high performance chrysler 440 in a 73 dodge dart.

Edelbrock 750 CFM, Carter AFB --- it is also a perculater but I live with it.

IMO one of the big issues with old carbs is the current gas mix!!

It sure kills chainsaw carbs in a hurry.

Oh boy! Got the carb together and put on. My 8 year old helped and when it wouldn't start, he said my 2 year old "turned both of the little screws on the back when you were at work"!

I need help!

no biggie man. those are your idle mixture screws. what you wanna do is turn them all the way in til they're snug. you overtighten them and youre gonna screw up the carb. then back them out two turns. should fire up. then adjust from there. keep backing them in our out a 1/4 turn at a time until it idles as smooth as it gets

Thanks man ill report back tommorow

if you need pics or anything let me know. but it should be as simple as that

My luck probably not! Lol

well if that dont do it we'll work backwards from good spark all the way back to tearing down the carb if we need. sometimes pulling off a carb i accidently pull off a wire or dislodge the coil wire. been known on my scout to pull part of the harness out of the firewall. part of my charm i guess.

It ran good just felt like it was starving. I figured I would freshen it up. And now here I am....lol I'm 100 percent nothing else like a coil wire is wrong. But I'll check it out tomorrow