What's a 490 disk worth

farmer john 8910

Bought a 490 26 ft disk the other day for $3000. It has 21.5 inch blades all around, all good bearings, not so good tires and paint, no welds or breaks and it is 9 inch spacing. I already have one just like it only 7.5 inch spacing. Is this all they are worth now? I see lots of them advertised for lots more $.

I think someone is missing out on turning an old disc into a new disc(vertical tillage) ...........................for a small amount of $ a big saving can be had.My .02

I think someone is missing out on turning an old disc into a new disc(vertical tillage) ...........................for a small amount of $ a big saving can be had.My .02

No they didnt, no where near heavy enough and run a 490 at 8 mph like a VT tool needs to be run and you better keep a welder strapped on it. A 490 is a decent disk for its age but it is what it is....a disk.

This spring I bought a 25' 490 with near new bladeds in good repair with a "chain link" pull drag for 3500. Turned around and sold my 22' 490 that was in good repair for a little over 3500. The day I sold mine I watched a 25' 490 bring over 5k that was in similar shape to the one I bought on private sale. So I guess it just depends on the day. All the disks metioned were 9" spacing

Im from Pisgah which is 50 miles south of Sioux City about ten miles from the Missouri river

As much as I can remember, MOST of my Mom's relatives were from Pisgah. My sister and I were born in Little Sioux.

The ex-Ford dealer (Eddie Johnson) was falling down on itself even as he was selling obsolete parts and the like out of the showroom.

Archived