Winter Passtimes

farmer john 8910

I was wondering what you guys do to pass the time all winter? Most of us around here are row crop farmers with no livestock and i do not have a heated shop so it gets kind of boring sometimes. I usually get a job somewhere in the winter but my wife has a decent job and we have a 6 week old daughter. The money from my job would just go to daycare. Just wondering? Thanks

Go-Karts ?............ Sand-rails ? Sniff, Sniff, HHHHHhmmm ? I Iike Them Things ! Two thumbs UP ! Back on topic Cut wood Run Equipment when needed , Cut some more wood , Split that Wood , Did I mention I cut Wood ? I use wood to heat my House so I cut wood ! Then If I`m Lucky I`ll answer MTO`s Questions , thats Entertaining in it`s Self !!! work on projects in the Shed , Cut some more Wood , Sign in to RPF an see what Kind of Trouble I can get into , Plow snow in the area work for a few Buddy`s Go for a Visit here an there Give some wood away to those who need it , Cut some more Wood , Get the Sugar Bush ready for the Spring,

Oh I almost Forgot Have a Couple of Coors Light ! Do some rescue calls threw out the winter To my Buds , Help the local snowmobile Club out clearing Trails , Cut Wood .

Any Pictures of your Projects IHR ?

HP

post-61304-0-82110100-1358287158_thumb.jpost-61304-0-57295200-1358287279_thumb.jWell,For one thing,I DRINK too much and Youtube WAY too much during the winter months!!! lol

But I always have small "bench" projects I have set up for bad weather. One on my list is to assemble my Pancake head lights. Also,a movie projector rebuild (antique 8 MM) I tend to do Alternators,generators,distributors, starters and carburetors also during bad weather times as well. Just anything I can sit at the bench and rebuild along with a Coors light! ;)

This was one of my last winter bench projects. I was cleaning out the garage and these hubcaps were NOT good enough to use on a resto car,but I didnt wanna throw them out,so with a few pieces of scrap stainless tubing,some car parts, and the wheels off of our VERY first grill back in the 70's "walla" !

Cooks good.(Works with IH caps as well! lol)

My house is ALSO an "on going" project (for quite a few years now) I only work on the inside when I cannot get outside to do anything. I am getting closer!!!!! lol

hp ill do a post up of my projects sometime. current sandrail project is my dads old spray coupe vw p.o.s. chubby 305 in the rear. next is an international skidsteer with a wico v4 is going on 31's for my new tug. im a fan of this post and dont wanna take it off topic but thats what i do in the winter months.

right now im building the acwicub. the allis chalmers b10. wisconsin aeh powered. ass end cub cadet. in my garage. also finishing my roll bar. only way to keep sane in the winter for me.

this is a great post and topic farmer john. thank you

I definitely need some kind of a heated shop. Then i would have lots of stuff to do!

i completely agree. im a buildaholic. with a nice big heated shop i could restore vehicles and tractors year round.

I am also a buildaholic as i spend all summer rebuilding and maintaining my farm equipment.Welding is the best its kind of a challenge to take a part off a machine that's totally destroyed and make it better than new with just a little welding rod.

Bout the only productive thing I've come up with lately is hauling scrap iron which made some good money but now im out of stuff thats not frozen down. When we get some warm days I plan on completely rebuilding my 1200 planter row unis, meters, openers etc.

Bout the only productive thing I've come up with lately is hauling scrap iron which made some good money but now im out of stuff thats not frozen down. When we get some warm days I plan on completely rebuilding my 1200 planter row unis, meters, openers etc.

thats awesome. i love welding. my scout has a generator and a wire welder in the back. offroading breaks many a thing. i cant wait til things thaw a bit so i can start on bigger projects. build us a heated shop sometime haha

Ahem !!! Didn`t mean to suggest To post on this Post But I should of been more Clear ! Sorry !

"" Edit "" Some time when you have Time IHR Post some pictures on a NEW topic , would be a nice Conversation !!!

Sorry farmer john 8910 I do apologize . Back On Topic !!!!! " Winter Passtimes "

HP

sure ya didnt HP....liar. wanting me to jack a thread.

i suggest a millermatic. i have a little miller and use the cheap firepower flux cored wire. great welds on the go. throw it in the back with the generator and youre set man. plus in your garage in the winter it fits snugly in a corner. rock on man. great topic

I haul manure for my uncle usin a 5088 and a new holland box spreader,help the kid with his drag truck,attempt to work on my drag truck! This winter our goal is to get the rubber tired F-14 up and runnin again for a potential spring plow day and maybe finish off g-pa ross's w-30. Then if I have time I'm helping my buddy get a basket case LeMans he bought for 1000$ 5 1/2 hours deep into iowa on the track! Lots of body work! He bought a ram air 3 for it and it has two bad cylinders as well! Almost forgot....I got a full time job as well! U can see where my priorities lye!

What is spare time? truckin over the road,remodeling 2650sq. ft victorian top to bottom,inside and out, two teenagers, a wife, some critters (dogs,cats,rabbits,chickens,cows) and I'm tryin to rent farm ground?!?!?

The word bored only pertains when the semi breaks down and i'm waitin on the wrecker( friggen emmisions crap)!!!!!!

LOTS of shop projects, work on customer tractors sometimes. I have a total restore 856 in the shop now. Do some updates on Cummins trucks. My CNC cutting table keeps me hopping too. Evenings I cut Australian fire opals.

sure ya didnt HP....liar. wanting me to jack a thread.

i suggest a millermatic. i have a little miller and use the cheap firepower flux cored wire. great welds on the go. throw it in the back with the generator and youre set man. plus in your garage in the winter it fits snugly in a corner. rock on man. great topic

.......... Ahemmmmmmm !! liar. ? Hey now ! you think`in I`m bait`n ya ?? Woha !!!

Back on Topic , Winter Pass Times ......................... Enuff said.............................liar.......Oh boy !

HP.

I was wondering what you guys do to pass the time all winter? Most of us around here are row crop farmers with no livestock and i do not have a heated shop so it gets kind of boring sometimes. I usually get a job somewhere in the winter but my wife has a decent job and we have a 6 week old daughter. The money from my job would just go to daycare. Just wondering? Thanks

You`re lucky Farmer John to be able to spend a few months with the little one. Consider your situation a blessing. I lived in the stupid shop and missed all that... like the song, "Cats in the cradle" by Cat stevens.

Archived