Decal placement

BOOMER LANDT

Where does the DIESEL decal go on a Super MD-TA ? I've seen tank & hood placement <_< .

I just got my new RP issue and between the cover shot & some photos inside there aren't two the same it seems .

Maybe this could be a future Ken article : Decals DO's and DON'TS :P .

According to Guy Fay and Andy Kraushaar's Originality Guide Farmall Letter Series Tractors, p. 150: "Both the tradename (McCormick Farmall for domestic and Canadian) and Diesel decals are centrally located 1/2 inch from the hood bead on the SM-TAD." According to the drawing on this page, the McCormick Farmall decal (100132OR2) is centered in the space between the back end of the hood and the point where the radius begins in the front. The Diesel decal (1001641R1) is centered beneath the McCormick Farmall decal. Interestingly, the same decals are positioned a little differently on the High Clearance version, but even here the Diesel decal in not positioned on the fuel tank.

Beswt,

HMR

The IH decal location blueprint calls for them to be on the hood. NOT the fuel tank. I have no idea how/why the decal location was to the tank.

Boomer....duly noted........there's something like this being typed up now for the next issue. Jeff Foreman may stroke out when he sees/reads it..... :o

The IH decal location blueprint calls for them to be on the hood. NOT the fuel tank. I have no idea how/why the decal location was to the tank.

Boomer....duly noted........there's something like this being typed up now for the next issue. Jeff Foreman may stroke out when he sees/reads it..... :o

Poor Jeff :unsure: -------- :P

• 2 weeks later...

now boys, get along. i didn't think that we had the 'correct police' like the deere boys. you put your decals where you think they should go and i'll put mine where i think that they should go.

I argued with my dad when we restored our SMD and I guess I was wrong. I placed all decals but the 'Diesel' one and was surprised when I walked in the shop. He didn't listen to me and put it on the hood anyhow when I wasn't there. I guess the ol' man IS always right... I have seen them on the tank mostly.

Where does the DIESEL decal go on a Super MD-TA ? I've seen tank & hood placement <_< .

I just got my new RP issue and between the cover shot & some photos inside there aren't two the same it seems .

Maybe this could be a future Ken article : Decals DO's and DON'TS :P .

I want to see this too! Or maybe even : "The Farmall Super M COMPLETE handbook ,1952-1954 (Including the "highly exaulted","gilded",SPECTACULAR,Super M- TA models! lol) I would buy that one! ;)

Every time I ask questions about the Supers,I start an argument! lol

Archived