Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brucekoukalaka

My pair of monsters

Yup at the wrecking yard where I work the majority of bad crash "victims" I see are SUVs and what is worse is the roads here are generally pretty straight.

Wished I could find some of Jeff Foxworthy`s "Here`s yer sign" stickers to hand out...

I have some stickers that say" You can't fix stupid"

Since my last posting back before Christmas I've had a lot go on with the '53s. The R130 in my garage, the engine turned out to be junk, so I went on the hunt for something worthy and wound up buying a complete 1991 F350 with the 7.3 /5 speed & dually rear end. I also finally got to see the R160 in person and am impressed with it. Now to get it home so I can figure out what in **** I'm going to do with it.

Since my last posting back before Christmas I've had a lot go on with the '53s. The R130 in my garage, the engine turned out to be junk, so I went on the hunt for something worthy and wound up buying a complete 1991 F350 with the 7.3 /5 speed & dually rear end. I also finally got to see the R160 in person and am impressed with it. Now to get it home so I can figure out what in **** I'm going to do with it.

You planning to transplant the 7.3 power train into the R? Sounds like an interesting update but might take a while.

That is the plan after all the engine is an International and not really a whole lot more ponies than the original. My biggest concern is with the frame, whether I will retain the original or modify the Ford's frame??? I'm almost afraid to go with the original considering it is 60 years old :huh:

Ok, I need somebody to hold my hand. Can I get a link to the hottie? I looked at all the pictures and couldn't find her.

you can keep the truck. ill take the tire machine

Those pics are sweet, and the ones of the trucks are too.

Hahahahahaha i knew thats what u was gonna say!

I'm in the Camrose area and that is one of my favourite IH pickup styles..........heres one a guy transplanted onto a chevy chassis, wheres the other truck by Tofield, Coyote Auto? There were a couple advertised by New Sarepta on kijiji a couple years ago.........

post-724-12732832213_thumb.jpg

The Cargostar is infact at Coyote auto, however the R160 is down in Chestermere at the present time just waiting until I can get it up here. :D BTW I live by the University soccer field in Camrose.

It's been a while since I posted here so I thought I would give some updates. The 'Binder is still not finished although thecab is sitting on a1991 F350 frame with the 7.3 IDI and a ZF5 tranny. Here's a pic of how it looks presently;

IMG_4925_zpsa035f1a9.jpg

This picture was taken before we had snow and now the truck is inside the garage. I am somewhat at a standstill as the garage is not heated and the temperatures have been less than optimum for working in there.

looking good. hope she all comes together for you

I also picked up a 1988 E250 Ambulance with a 7.3 in trade for a 2000 Buick that I was given LOL