My pair of monsters

Brucekoukalaka

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Since my last posting back before Christmas I've had a lot go on with the '53s. The R130 in my garage, the engine turned out to be junk, so I went on the hunt for something worthy and wound up buying a complete 1991 F350 with the 7.3 /5 speed & dually rear end. I also finally got to see the R160 in person and am impressed with it. Now to get it home so I can figure out what in **** I'm going to do with it.

Since my last posting back before Christmas I've had a lot go on with the '53s. The R130 in my garage, the engine turned out to be junk, so I went on the hunt for something worthy and wound up buying a complete 1991 F350 with the 7.3 /5 speed & dually rear end. I also finally got to see the R160 in person and am impressed with it. Now to get it home so I can figure out what in **** I'm going to do with it.

You planning to transplant the 7.3 power train into the R? Sounds like an interesting update but might take a while.

That is the plan after all the engine is an International and not really a whole lot more ponies than the original. My biggest concern is with the frame, whether I will retain the original or modify the Ford's frame??? I'm almost afraid to go with the original considering it is 60 years old :huh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in the Camrose area and that is one of my favourite IH pickup styles..........heres one a guy transplanted onto a chevy chassis, wheres the other truck by Tofield, Coyote Auto? There were a couple advertised by New Sarepta on kijiji a couple years ago.........

post-724-12732832213_thumb.jpg

The Cargostar is infact at Coyote auto, however the R160 is down in Chestermere at the present time just waiting until I can get it up here. :D BTW I live by the University soccer field in Camrose.

• 4 months later...

It's been a while since I posted here so I thought I would give some updates. The 'Binder is still not finished although thecab is sitting on a1991 F350 frame with the 7.3 IDI and a ZF5 tranny. Here's a pic of how it looks presently;

IMG_4925_zpsa035f1a9.jpg

This picture was taken before we had snow and now the truck is inside the garage. I am somewhat at a standstill as the garage is not heated and the temperatures have been less than optimum for working in there.

Archived