Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Takn4aFool

Russian diesel in a 560

bet you never saw one of these before. stopped at my neighbors last night and he has a 560 with a air cooled Russian diesel in it . did all the work himself and i have to say it looks factory installed, but then it helps that he does machine work and welding for a living. had the tractor repainted when done . he had to relocate the exhaust and breather but instead of leaving the open holes in the hood he closed them up so you'd never know they were moved, the breather was moved from above the fuel tank to the area where the radiator cap would have been and the exhaust pipe came up on the outside of the left side panel just behind the radiator shroud. had to have the flywheel redrilled to match the crankshaft holes along with the help of a homemade adapter plate between the block and housing. the frame had to be cut on each side and 2 feet removed so it could be widened the width of the frame rails useing salvaged rails from a donor that were bolted and welded to the outside of the existing rails. like i said it was impressive to see since it was professionally done. he claims on light work it uses less than 1/2 gallon per hour. too bad i didnt have my camera along with me, but since its so close i may have to go photograph it sometime. the engine identification plate was written in Russian and the block was stamped USSR

This topic is worthless without pictures!

Naw your post is worthless, the topic interesting!

Yes I am sure that Art found the post interesting. But the point he is trying to make is that It sure would be nice if Taken4aFool were to run back up to the neighbors and take some photos of this transplant and the details of the work so we could better appreciate the work put into it. Now boys can we play nice????

I find it very interesting no matter what others think . Point is my dad & broth. & i did alot of fab. work and i find things like this very interesting even if they involve things from other countries. Please post some pictures if you have any.

busman7 it is a figure of speach...

Sounds neat, we would love pics!

Guest Robert Drummond

I know all about this Boy`s only to well !!! an then If you post Pictures, You`ll get some Air head that say`s "Your Posting To many "

HHHHHHHHHHmmmmmmm !!!!!!!!!!!

Pictures please!!!!!!!! I would love to see it.

been gone since i lasted posted that but will be home this weekend so i will see abpout pictures then

been gone since i lasted posted that but will be home this weekend so i will see abpout pictures then

clap.gif

Wait for it......wait for it

Homer J Simpson

still waiting.........................

I used to date a girl who teased like this, I married her friend!

Ya....no teasing involved at my house! Good call marrying the friend!

bet you never saw one of these before. stopped at my neighbors last night and he has a 560 with a air cooled Russian diesel in it . too bad i didnt have my camera along with me, but since its so close i may have to go photograph it sometime. the engine identification plate was written in Russian and the block was stamped USSR

How many cylinders ? Inline?

Sounds interesting!

Try and get a photo of that engine identification plate.

I don't speak Russian but I should be able to convert Cyrillic letters (Russian) to Latin letters (Western) and then MAY be able to decipher the information on the plate.

Regards from Michael H B)

bet you never saw one of these before. stopped at my neighbors last night and he has a 560 with a air cooled Russian diesel in it . too bad i didnt have my camera along with me, but since its so close i may have to go photograph it sometime. the engine identification plate was written in Russian and the block was stamped USSR

How many cylinders ? Inline?

Sounds interesting!

Try and get a photo of that engine identification plate.

I don't speak Russian but I should be able to convert Cyrillic letters (Russian) to Latin letters (Western) and then MAY be able to decipher the information on the plate.

Regards from Michael H B)

Wow...ur a much smarter man than me!

Guest Robert Drummond

Anybody got Popcorn ! I`ll take a large drink also !!! lolol !!!!!!!! This is better than the Movies !! :D

Those must be some awfully dull and long movies you watch if this is entertaining. :wacko:

If you are up for a real thrill by these standards I would recommend watching 'Paint dry' or 'Concrete curing', or 'A tire with a slow leak' as some real life drama shows. :D

You may know the outcomes but you never know exactly when its going to happen! ;)

Guest Robert Drummond

Yup ! Offley Dull, Thats why I`m on here !!!!!!! Or I can Look out the window an Watch the Crops Die But thats not even a past time Anymore !

Yup ! Offley Dull, Thats why I`m on here !!!!!!! Or I can Look out the window an Watch the Crops Die But thats not even a past time Anymore !

While we wait for pics.....hey robert,how does dry weather affect the syrup business?

Guest Robert Drummond

Not good 660 , every season affects this Crop ,If you have a dry summer not much moisture in the trees ! ,then if you don`t get any Frost that winter you won`t get a good run in the spring , (this prolongs the season) then theres the Most important thing No snow with no frost this lets the tree thaw out to fast an really fast season (Small yield, poor crop ) An then if we don`t have Enough Snow we can`t build our Igloos to live in !!!! lolol ! last year wasn`t a good syrup year we normally make 5-6 hundred Gallons here at the Homestead 3100 taps , we only made 207 Gulp !! , We have another Farm 221 Acres 8 miles away it has a Nice hard wood stand on it 1300 taps I mite have to get into that bush to up Production But my two other brothers Say I`m F#*king Nuts (too much work ) any vaulinteers !! lolol !! :D:huh:

I would be there to help if you had beer.....and oh ya did'nt live in Canada!

Guest Robert Drummond

We have Lots & Lots of beer there fella !! an I could arange for a dog sled team to pick you up at the boarder !! I guess the BIg Worry would Be the NEW Homer Simpson Behind the Wheel at the Nuke PLANT that would worry me the most !!!!!!!!!!! lolol !!

Worry not RD cause I used to be a truck driver! Did'nt u know a CDL can turn anyone into a professional driver weather you can speak english er not!