well, well - what do we have here? A Cummins in a 766!

redgreen

Guest Robert Drummond

5.9 Of Course !!! "Six in a row is the way to Go - If you drive a V8 your Gonn`a Be Late " lololol !!!!!!!!!!!

You mite beable to shoe horn a 8.3 505 Cid. but I dont think this is the Case !!!!

Guest Robert Drummond

looks like hes got the beer cooler strapped to the side. and wheres the battery? id like to see more pics of that one

post-79-0-60312300-1339389864_thumb.jpg

My kind or Tractor !! Traveling Refreshment !!!!!

Agreed....too bad the fuzz does'nt feel the same way!

Drive a V-8 gonna be late lol funnyist thing Ive heard since high school when all the for 300 6's were trying to beat 283's and 289's LOL

I happened on a bunch of posts over on a Ford p/u forum a couple months ago.... Bunch of kids with 300-6 powered trucks were guessing their trucks all had the 165 HP rated engines in them. NEVER did FMC rate them over 145 HP, the '87 to '96 EFI trucks, the old carb'd versions were around 115-125 HP. All they made over 3000 RPM was Noise... where the small V-8's were just starting to make their HP. The one guy got real Nasty to me too.... hehehehe It was crazy how they were comparing a 300-6 powered F150 to a 4.3L V6 S10, and other stupid things... Just shows how unreliable a Butt dyno can be...

Anyhow, back on topic, a 5.9 in a smaller IH would be a nice tractor, but I've always been partial to the Nuess D358 myself.

Butt Dyno.........hahahahahaha

But back on topic, i know the little Cummins are a good engine, but compared to a d360 in that 766, isnt it kinda a step down? I know what i would rather have.........

Drive a V-8 gonna be late lol funnyist thing Ive heard since high school when all the for 300 6's were trying to beat 283's and 289's LOL

I happened on a bunch of posts over on a Ford p/u forum a couple months ago.... Bunch of kids with 300-6 powered trucks were guessing their trucks all had the 165 HP rated engines in them. NEVER did FMC rate them over 145 HP, the '87 to '96 EFI trucks, the old carb'd versions were around 115-125 HP. All they made over 3000 RPM was Noise... where the small V-8's were just starting to make their HP. The one guy got real Nasty to me too.... hehehehe It was crazy how they were comparing a 300-6 powered F150 to a 4.3L V6 S10, and other stupid things... Just shows how unreliable a Butt dyno can be...

Anyhow, back on topic, a 5.9 in a smaller IH would be a nice tractor, but I've always been partial to the Nuess D358 myself.

Trouble is on DT 361'S and DT407'S and the non turbo charged engines is the price for overhauling them ,,,out rageous if you need a cam ,etc ,,Found the cure for that ,,sent mine to cam regrinders ,,I think there called in Effingham IL

Guest Robert Drummond

He ! He ! He ! He !! Ha ! Ha !! Ha !! lololololololll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time for a Coors, Who Want`s One

My Treat !! The Mountains are Blue !!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! One Down !! Man it`s hot out !!

Our 32c !!!!!!

post-64197-0-00878600-1339450390_thumb.j

post-64197-0-07594500-1339450414_thumb.j

Guest Robert Drummond

I don`t Belive it I posted a Picture !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just parked the 1086 !!! Hears another

post-64197-0-25892400-1339450620_thumb.j

Nice ! an Lots of Parts around !

With a 5.9 you'll sure need them. Had a few school buses with 5.9's, worst engine I ever came across, can't see them lasting any better in a tractor, if you're going to work it.

Guest Robert Drummond

With a 5.9 you'll sure need them. Had a few school buses with 5.9's, worst engine I ever came across, can't see them lasting any better in a tractor, if you're going to work it.

What were the Problems ?? !!

X2??

I worked on school buses for a couple years. They were all 5.9's with autos behind them. The only problems we had was at 125K, to 150K they would need a head gasket. Thats the only thing I can remember having a problem with.

Jason

This is a odd statement to me. The 5.9s were in the Maxxum CaseIH tractors and that is a great combination. Lots of them made it to the 10,000 hour range if they just have normal maintenance done to them..

Guest Robert Drummond

X2??

I worked on school buses for a couple years. They were all 5.9's with autos behind them. The only problems we had was at 125K, to 150K they would need a head gasket. Thats the only thing I can remember having a problem with.

Jason

To many RPMs if the shift Point was droped to 1950 they wouldn`t have a problem the next head ache would the tranny wouldn`t last to much torque so they rev the engine lose the torque save the tranny do the head were these all 12 Valve what year was this

The 5.9 in our 5140 has at least 16,000 hours and is just now starting to use a quart of oil 100 hours after an oil change. I'd say the 5.9 is a slight improvement over a D-360 but not enough better to justify an engine swap unless there was a big cost advantage to it which I don't see.

Guest Robert Drummond

The 5.9 in our 5140 has at least 16,000 hours and is just now starting to use a quart of oil 100 hours after an oil change. I'd say the 5.9 is a slight improvement over a D-360 but not enough better to justify an engine swap unless there was a big cost advantage to it which I don't see.

Hear ! , Hear !!! , All in Favore !!!!!!! Carried !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived