Vintage Ads

clay neubauer

Loadstar, the tractor with the Danuser blade looks like an Allis Chalmers. I'm not sure about the exact model but maybe a C?

Series 86 Tractors.

Brady Boy, I dont know if you know the answer or not. The ad with 1486 is that an IH equipt auxillary weight bracket under the front end?

Sure looks like that, Bob. Never saw one in person or in other pictures. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Bill

Yes it is IH. They may have been used on FWA tractors, but they are rare as hens teeth.

i believe those lower weights were mostly used on the industrial or construction side of ih.? or a 4100 series.?in the seventie,s my brother & i had a 1466 w/ 20 100# weights on one bracket all in a row i think it was made by b/w. The tractor had a 5 bot 2 way plow on it,

that little ac tractor is a "b" all the other companies had to pay royalty to use their torque tube frame design.

An AC model B? I never even considered that but will go along with those who know them better than I do. I can recall seeing one or two of those little guys over the years. I don't have any ads scanned of that particular model but here is an equally small Massey Harris Pony from 1947.

post-90-0-42155700-1374086512_thumb.jpg

Definitely an A-C B. Never saw much Massey Harris where I grew up, but quite a few small Allis. Many still in the area.

Those little tractors were never too common here and are likely worth more today than when new. Seems like I've seen more Cubs than any other makes. I remember one of the little MH Pony tractors my uncle had for a while. Wish I'd bought that one.

The bigger Masseys, like this 44 were far more common around here. The 44 gas was likely one of the most popular tractors ever although I don't think many were diesel powered like the one in this ad from 1949. In those days of 20 cent a gallon fuel I guess nobody worried much about less fuel economy in a gas burner.

post-90-0-82537800-1374156649_thumb.jpg

The big old 52 GMC cabover truck reminds me of the one in the tv series "Cannonball" from the late fifties and early sixties. Check youtube for episodes.

Ok, it is not a true "cabover" but the short nose design is much different from the conventional long nose GMC and Chev trucks that were so common here years ago.

post-90-0-81941300-1374260173_thumb.jpg

Here is an interesting ad from 1948 showing McCulloch chain saw. What amazes me about it is the weight. Only 45 pounds!

I was just using my 30 year old McCulloch 320 and I doubt it weighs even half that much. That 48 model would be heavy going if you did much cutting. On the plus side, it likely wouldn't suffer a broken brake handle when a tree lands on it. (As mine did recently). :(

post-90-0-81118200-1374372441_thumb.jpg

There is quite a discussion going on the older Massey Ferguson combines on another thread here so I thought I'd post this ad for a 1963 model 300, the smallest of that series. I only know of one in this area. 410s were numerous and probably just as many 510s. They had a good dealer network and a good reputation. Seemed like a lot of the custom combiners from the U.S. that worked this area in the sixties were running Massey combines.

And since there is a little room left I will throw in this ad showing some of the Massey tractor line from 1963.

post-90-0-08844400-1374630766_thumb.jpg

post-90-0-37392400-1374630964_thumb.jpg

Appropriate to the time of year, here is an IH ad featuring haying equipment and a handy little utility tractor. The IH 484.from 1978,

post-90-0-97484700-1374780793_thumb.jpg

That's a "bear" sized blade for the little Cub-----looks like the 3 pt hitch may have been part of the blade package.

Sure do like the long arm for releasing the angle pin from the tractor seat-----keep thinking I will modify my old Rhino blade for the Kubota. Reckon the exercise of getting on and off the tractor is good for me.

This ad reminded me of my days as the factory rep for Howard Rotavator----they made a 28" cut Rotavator (rotary tiller) especially for the Cub. A dealer would order one ocassionally------I remember Harold H's dad selling one to a customer who was buying a Cub here locally. Seems like he bought most every option available for the Cub. Also----seems like the pto ran at engine speed with no reduction.

Neat little tractors for their time.

DD

And-----I was a couple of pages behind here.

I see that the tractor was later identified as an A-C.

DD

Anson, I am glad I am not the only one to mistake the identity of the little tractor. Consensus seems to be that it is the AC model B. I can't even blame my color-blindness for that. :lol:

These little Fergys and Ford Ns were probably just as popular as the Cub and the B here.

post-90-0-33399800-1374843917_thumb.jpg

Here is an ad from the 1950s for another small tractor from England.

I have never seen one of these and they probably didn't sell many in Australia.

That is an interesting itttle tractor that I have never heard of. You might think they would name it the "Prime Minister" being from England. :rolleyes:

Its al little early for harvest here but not too early to be thinking about a new combine. This is a nice new Allis Chalmers All Crop in an ad from 1949. I bet that straw hat with the AC logo on it would be a real collectors item today. Wonder if any survived.?

post-90-0-53017500-1375018426_thumb.jpg

I think that`s a (Pith) helmet Ralph, they were popular in ON. in 1949.

I finished combining my winter wheat on Fri.

On another subject, I was watching " In the heat of the night " on TVO last night an noticed the 806 in the scene in the IH shop had white painted cast wheel centers just like the 1206.

Ray

I think that`s a (Pith) helmet Ralph, they were popular in ON. in 1949.

I finished combining my winter wheat on Fri.

On another subject, I was watching " In the heat of the night " on TVO last night an noticed the 806 in the scene in the IH shop had white painted cast wheel centers just like the 1206.

Ray

You could be right on the helmet Ray. I know the old helmet that was my dad's is of a cork like material (pith?). Unfortunately it has no name on it.

I recall some interesting IH equipment in that movie but not sharp enough on my IH paint details to note the paint scheme you mention.