Vintage Ads

clay neubauer

12 hours ago, U-C said:

I think I posted this before but can't remember when though lol, Fahr Front Swather 

I don't recall seeing that interesting tractor mounted swather before. 

Here is a pretty special A (Anniversary Series) 58 IH pickup. 

yellow 58.jpg

• Like 2

Back about this time in 1977 I was reading the brochures for the new 1978 Kawasaki Sno-Jet snow machines. This 340 Inviter was the entry level machine. They also made a big 440 liquid cooled model. 

77 Inviter 340.jpg

• Like 2

First brochures in French about Axial Flow combine harvesters.

axial_15.jpg

axial_16.jpg

axial_17.jpg

axial_18.jpg

Cover page of the 1979 brochure with 4 pages

af_fr844h.jpg

Cover page of the 1980 brochure with 16 pages

axial_fr844j.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, utility 64 said:

French brochure.
American production?
No number

numzor10.jpg

numzor11.jpg

It is an american model but I am not sure what model though! Here is something I found on FB 

Bild könnte enthalten: Text

• Like 2

something cool I found a stripper harvester which was invented by an english man in Australia in 1843 and was manufactured with updates by other manufactures until 1930s by some companies similar to this one a beater beats out the grain and all is thrown into the back and later cleaned with a winnower 

stripper.thumb.jpg.086e8b0042eaf192354bc2f491b997cb.jpg

I might have posted this one a few years ago already but thought it was worth a re-run. Probably from the early 1900s featuring Case road roller and Case steam engine with threshing machine. 

Case Postcards.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, U-C said:

something cool I found a stripper harvester which was invented by an english man in Australia in 1843 and was manufactured with updates by other manufactures until 1930s by some companies similar to this one a beater beats out the grain and all is thrown into the back and later cleaned with a winnower 

I think it was the 1980s when a British company, Shelbourne Reynolds, marketed a stripper header here in North America. Never saw one work but I figured they might be good for flax. A way to avoid putting that terrible straw through the combine. 

https://www.shelbourne.com/harvest/stripper-header/

• Like 1