On 7/8/2019 at 11:15 PM, U-C said:

Found this on FB

That 715 combine looks tiny compared to today's monsters. Here is a Mobilgas ad from the mid 1950s. I don't think we ever saw that name here in small town Sask

50s Mobilgas.JPG

• Like 2
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are some pics from the pioneer days in my area!

Some unique harvest equipment from the 1985 Case-IH buyers guide. I never saw any hillside machines or double swather hitches here. But the pull type axial flow combine was everywhere.  

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Loadstar said:

That 715 combine looks tiny compared to today's monsters. Here is a Mobilgas ad from the mid 1950s. I don't think we ever saw that name here in small town Sask

50s Mobilgas.JPG

Mobil oil was west coast company.  I think headquartered in California. Anyway they had a deal with Farm Bureau which got my dad started with them.The local jobber that delivered to farms  sold his truck to a independent and that was the end Mobil oil on the farm here. 

• Like 1

STOLL Wheel rake tedder sorry if its in german. I think this machine came into the market a little late because I can't find any brochures or used ones lol, a Swiss company made something similar but they had one on the market in the late 40s early 50s. Stoll came out with this unit in 1964

Huerlimann invention but manufactured by Agrar first with only two wheel and later with three. Late 40s or early 50spost-1102-1145559233.jpg

I think this might be a re-run already posted but its one I never get tired of. One of the more popular tractors up this way was the McCormick W9.

scan0016.jpg

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Loadstar said:

I think this might be a re-run already posted but its one I never get tired of. One of the more popular tractors up this way was the McCormick W9.

scan0016.jpg

I dont think i had ever seen a W series until getting onto this forum.  Definitely non existent in my part of IL

23 minutes ago, redneckchevy9 said:

I dont think i had ever seen a W series until getting onto this forum.  Definitely non existent in my part of IL

W series IH sold well here from the small W4 to the medium W6 and big W9. 

3 hours ago, redneckchevy9 said:

From 1927....they were bringing out the big horses!

Horses were bigger in those days :-) My grandparent's first threshing machine (in 1910) was powered by a 20 hp IHC "Famous" engine.

Here is another "W" series tractor in a 1955 ad. It was rated only 8 hp less than the big Super WD9 (59 hp)' I don't recall seeing as many of these as I saw W4 and W6 models.

55 W400.jpg

• Like 3

Rapid Motormowers were avaible with rubber tires in the early 30s, The model M was also considered as a small tractor back in the day same goes for the Model P

6708155423_d876807614_o.jpg.671413cfd5f63d2f5ed18f90945e0e3a.jpg

On 7/26/2019 at 11:25 PM, U-C said:

found this in the Manitoba Co-operator 

That is an interesting view of the Co-op disker. I don't remember seeing one with individual lever lifts for each gang of disks. Must be a very early model. This is a Cockshutt from 1953.

53 Cockshutt disker.jpg

• Like 2