Vintage Ads

clay neubauer

20190221_214909.thumb.jpg.706446c522664eedd055138eee00a68a.jpg

Leland, Mississippi dealer------from local newspaper dated 1952.

There were lots of the little Fords and also Fergusons scattered across the Delta when I was a kid.

I learned to drive on a 8N and 9N Ford.

edit: 

may have posted in the past-----but found again recently.

Old Tanker may want to give these folks a call!!!

DD

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Delta Dirt said:

Leland, Mississippi dealer------from local newspaper dated 1952.

There were lots of the little Fords and also Fergusons scattered across the Delta when I was a kid.

I learned to drive on a 8N and 9N Ford.

DD

The little N Fords were popular here too. As a kid I wanted one as it looked like a "kid sized tractor" to me. Never did get one. Some tried to farm big with them but found the little engines didn't stand up well to heavy field work. Needed valve and ring work in pretty short order. The bigger Fordson Major diesel was better suited to that and had a reputation for great fuel economy with that Perkins diesel engine. This ad from 1950. 

50 Fordson Major.jpg

• Like 1

How about a new Ford baler for 1956. I wondered how these bakers compared to other of their time? 

Ive also got a Ford dealership yardstick although I looked up the address (it’s close to me) and it is a Ford car dealership now so I’m guessing it was from a Ford vehicle dealership and not a tractor dealership. 

C3443963-5409-40ED-ADBB-E72B9382DDDA.thumb.jpeg.08423229085bcd63461d36bb9f257221.jpeg

11 hours ago, Loadstar said:

The little N Fords were popular here too. As a kid I wanted one as it looked like a "kid sized tractor" to me. Never did get one. Some tried to farm big with them but found the little engines didn't stand up well to heavy field work. Needed valve and ring work in pretty short order. 

You couldn’t expect too much out of a tractor with an engine derived from a car.  My great grandpa had a Ford pickup with the flat head V8.  It left him walking more then once. It was his first Ford and his last Ford.

8 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

You couldn’t expect too much out of a tractor with an engine derived from a car.  My great grandpa had a Ford pickup with the flat head V8.  It left him walking more then once. It was his first Ford and his last Ford.

Maybe not the greatest choice of engines for field work but you know I love my flathead Ford V8s in cars and trucks. 

Now this 1958 ad shows an IH tractor for a change. Advertising Perfect Circle piston rings if by chance that 450 IH happens to need a set. 

58 Perfect Circle IH.jpg

• Like 3

16142571_1312946208764732_2724914182729066669_n.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, U-C said:

Thought I'd post an IH truck ad for a change. This one from 1958 shows most of the line up right from the pickup to the big 210 series cement truck.  Notice the Drott loader filling up the AC series dump truck. Travelette parked beside the A series pickup. First year for them. 

58 IH 210.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BartVD said:

Where were these combine produced?

In the 70"s we had the Belgian 1530 -1545 models and the US based 1540-1550 models.

I don't know much about those red NH combines. I did see a few around here in the late sixties, early seventies, but they never sold like the newer TR series. Those were very popular. 

Here is another IH truck in an Eaton 2 speed axle ad from 1958. Also a GMC. 

58 Eaton axle IH and GM.jpg

• Like 1

French brochure of an IH press of original design

ih_41211.jpg

ih_41210.jpg

ih_41212.jpg

ih_41213.jpg

• Like 1