Jump to content

Vintage Ads


clay neubauer

Recommended Posts

AEBI SP mower only 8 unites were ever made of this version. This tractor mower has a Felix 10 to 15 HP engine

fehr_victorfehraebimaehmaschine1915800x0.jpg.bd70f9e2cbda1153bd5e585b4b18d5e7.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2018 at 12:01 PM, redneckchevy9 said:

How bout some MMs.  I believe this was a 4 page fold out

 

They had a nice line of tractors before White took the company over. I ran an M670 in the summer of 72 and it seemed like a good performer. The big G1000 was impressive though I never got to drive one. 

Getting into summer haying season so here is a Case baler ad from about 1966. 

Case 220 Baler.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Loadstar said:

They had a nice line of tractors before White took the company over. I ran an M670 in the summer of 72 and it seemed like a good performer. The big G1000 was impressive though I never got to drive one. 

Getting into summer haying season so here is a Case baler ad from about 1966. 

 

i'll keep with the MM ads

s-l1600.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Minneapolis Moline power units available in 1948. Had some serious power available with ratings up to 230 horsepower. 

 

48 MM engines.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2018 at 8:44 PM, Loadstar said:

Minneapolis Moline power units available in 1948. Had some serious power available with ratings up to 230 horsepower. 

 

48 MM engines.jpg

wow 230hp!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, redneckchevy9 said:

wow 230hp!

Yea that’s a lot of power for that time period 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, redneckchevy9 said:

wow 230hp!

Curious that they mention gas, propane, butane and distillate but no diesel power?

Here is a newer mid sixties G708 with the front wheel drive option. 

 

MM G708.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Loadstar said:

Curious that they mention gas, propane, butane and distillate but no diesel power?

Here is a newer mid sixties G708 with the front wheel drive option. 

 

MM G708.jpg

do you know if these were in-house built or were they Elwood or Coleman do you know?  I found in a previous thread from years back that Dr. Evil mentioned he thought these under the MM were Colemans.

 

Accroding to MM numbers book - these G708s were made only in 1965 & offered in only LP & Diesel.  31 LPs were made & 75 Diesels

Link to comment
Share on other sites

there was a fellow in my area who put 1/2 of a cotton gin twin MM engine in a MM UTU, he used a front axle from a large road truck. i would think power steering, i never saw it run. but it looked impressive. this was early 60ies.  i guess he wound up w/ something about like that G708 but w/o FWA  i think the engine is bolt up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This ad from 1963 shows MM was selling pretty much the same tractor, a G706, as the model G708 a couple of years later. . 

 

63 MM Big G.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Loadstar said:

This ad from 1963 shows MM was selling pretty much the same tractor, a G706, as the model G708 a couple of years later. . 

 

63 MM Big G.jpg

No mention of a Gasser on this model ether.   I wonder if the gas remark it wasn't very popular at this time in farming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2018 at 12:21 AM, Loadstar said:

No, I have not run out of vintage ads. Been a bit busy planting crops, etc. lately. So here is something right on the theme of crop planting. These Massey Ferguson  #36 diskers were some of the most popular seeding implements here in the 1960s and later. A once over seeding and tillage operation. Harrowing was necessary afterward to smooth out and pack the soil. From a 1968 Country Guide magazine. 

MF 36 Diskers.jpg

MF...

Love it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Wes806 said:

 

 

 

 

I've got that lower Farmall M sign on my wall. 

Co-incidentally as I had posted an ad for the MM G706, was surprised to see one turn up for sale locally. 

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-farming-equipment/regina/minneapolis-g706-mfwd/1359591397?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

In 1965 Massey Ferguson was selling their front wheel assist model 97 tractor which was actually a Minneapolis Moline with Massey sheet metal and paint. 


 

65 Massey Fergusons.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I remember correctly, the Massey-Ferguson 97 was a 'bonnet-engineered' MM in MF colours, as MF did not have anything to compete in that market...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My neighbor had an MF97 and one day the crankshaft broke. Didn't do any damage. It was replaced by the newer improved crankshaft from a salvaged MM G 1000. He kept it several more years and in 1985 traded it for a black stripe 1066. He still has the 1066.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dewets said:

If I remember correctly, the Massey-Ferguson 97 was a 'bonnet-engineered' MM in MF colours, as MF did not have anything to compete in that market...

and the MF 98 was a Oliver in red paint. Someone I know said that MF had a fire or something in the RND department when they were working on there own big tractor and then decided to let Oliver and MM make them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...