Jump to content

Vintage Ads


clay neubauer

Recommended Posts

it also looks like they just sat the girl on the M, i can't see anything she's towing, not dressed properly for real work, hat not gonna stay on, feet resting on pedals, looking straight ahead with hands correct, but turning into the fence, other than that all looks nice.:P      i agree on the front wheels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know about the grille, but the missing decals tell me that maybe the ad was for a totally different product, and the tractor was airbrushed into a 'generic' tractor, to avoid anyone thinking that the product that could not be used in ALL makes.

Kind of like the Hubley toy, that looks like an "M", but has NO other link to IH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2017 at 4:26 PM, Art From DeLeon said:

I don't know about the grille, but the missing decals tell me that maybe the ad was for a totally different product, and the tractor was airbrushed into a 'generic' tractor, to avoid anyone thinking that the product that could not be used in ALL makes.

Kind of like the Hubley toy, that looks like an "M", but has NO other link to IH.

Yes,  looks like some kind of a set up for a calendar photo or something like that. 

Since its harvest time I'll post an IH McCormick swather (windrower). Those old pull types all looked kind of crude and weak to me but I guess they were as good as it got in 1955. You could get one as wide as 15 feet for the big farmers. My dad had a 12 foot Massey Harris. Uncle had a 12 foot Cockshutt. Wooden pitman arms had a tendency to break when the going got tough and the bearings developed a little slack. Dad sometimes fabricated up a new one out of a piece of hard wood to save a few dollars. 

After a few days in the swath my uncle would fire up his Cockshutt 132 combine and pick up the swaths. Or sometimes it was a few weeks depending on the weather. 

55 McCormick 120 small.jpg

54 Cockshutt combine ps.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

AEBI Transporter TP 25 Broshure cover: in rhe back ground you can see a Bernese Farmhouse in the Emmental Valley (which houses house and barn under the same roof).

751305AEBITP25005.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, U-C said:

another broshure cover pic of the AEBI TP 25

783074AEBITP25001.jpg

I really like your posts - they definitely give us a look at equipment that many of us wouldn't even know exists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2017 at 7:08 PM, Steve C. said:

I really like your posts - they definitely give us a look at equipment that many of us wouldn't even know exists.

Thanks man, here is another thing you might like it is a slope tractor Manufactured by the AEBI Company called a Terratrac they also sell the new models here in Canada and USA but this is a archiv film of there first Terratrac Model the TT 77 which had about 43 or 45 engine HP the company started serial production in 1976: 

-Urs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2017 at 3:49 PM, George 2 said:

Look at that grille on the M The grille part extends at least 3 inches higher than the regular production models. It puzzles me.

I was just going to say the same thing. It doesn't have the Farmall Badge above the slots, and the slots go higher than a standard M. This isn't a real early one either. It has the later seat support and steering wheel, from the first Farmall M's. Gary:o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for keeping this vintage ads thread from fading into obscurity Urs and Redturbo. I've been busy with harvest the past 2 weeks or more. Finished up last night near midnight. I was thinking as I turned up the heater in the CIH 1660 just a bit against the cool night air, would I still be out here working near midnight if I was on the open Massey Harris 60 my dad used to run when I was a kid? I used to ride along on the ladder, or in the grain tank sometimes but only recall steering the combine once. 

I don't have an ad for a model 60 handy but here is the big model 90 Massey from 1952. 

 

52 MH combine milestone.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Loadstar said:

Thanks for keeping this vintage ads thread from fading into obscurity Urs and Redturbo. I've been busy with harvest the past 2 weeks or more. Finished up last night near midnight. I was thinking as I turned up the heater in the CIH 1660 just a bit against the cool night air, would I still be out here working near midnight if I was on the open Massey Harris 60 my dad used to run when I was a kid? I used to ride along on the ladder, or in the grain tank sometimes but only recall steering the combine once. 

I don't have an ad for a model 60 handy but here is the big model 90 Massey from 1952. 

 

52 MH combine milestone.jpg

Yes, that test track was at Milliken (now a suburb of Toronto). Back in 1969 I toured the test track with a friend of mine who worked there. They also had a section of road with a surface they called "Belgian pavay". It was pavement full of potholes and small raised lumps. It was like going down a washboard gravel road and shook the guts out of you and the machine you were driving in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is a front cover of the BUCHER motor mower model Record broshure. My grandfather had a Bucher Record for a sort time with steel wheels before he traded it for a AEBI AM 52 motor mower. Bucher came out with there motor mower in 1945 with a 9 hp engine.

Rekord_neu.jpg

-Urs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember this "flexi tooth" from when I was a kid. The Esso (or was it New Holland) dealers handed out a free sample which we thought was pretty neat. I remember experimenting with it seeing how it would melt when pressed onto the lid of the wood stove! Crazy kids! This ad from 1963. 

 

63 Flex tooth.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Delta Dirt said:

Nothing to do with old advertisements------but I sure enjoy those Roosty 6 you-tube videos Loadstar.

Just watched your harvesting of canola-----believe it was dated Sept 16th??  (ol' Roosty does a good job with the camera):D

DD

Well thanks Anson. Its comments like yours that inspire me to keep on with this video obsession. I've got some vintage tractor work video in the camera from this week and as soon as I can get to editing it will be on youtube. Also stay tuned for some really fine drone video of my harvest thanks to my nephew and his drone. I didn't have time to fly both the drone and the combine. :-)

And just to keep it on topic, here is a vintage ad from 1962 featuring a Case tractor and a combine similar to (but newer than)  my dad's first model A Case combine. 

 

62 Caseomatic and combine.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Loadstar said:

Well thanks Anson. Its comments like yours that inspire me to keep on with this video obsession. I've got some vintage tractor work video in the camera from this week and as soon as I can get to editing it will be on youtube. Also stay tuned for some really fine drone video of my harvest thanks to my nephew and his drone. I didn't have time to fly both the drone and the combine. :-)

And just to keep it on topic, here is a vintage ad from 1962 featuring a Case tractor and a combine similar to (but newer than)  my dad's first model A Case combine. 

 

62 Caseomatic and combine.jpg

Auto steer and auto control from a new combine will let you fly that drone while combine is going Ralph. Heck it will even let you take a nap. Good videos and pictures Ralph.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...