Vintage Ads

clay neubauer

On 12/7/2016 at 1:25 PM, Big Bud guy said:

Nice scan.  There was one of those sitting in the junk just south of our place until about 5 years ago.  Case was a little short on RD money so all the did was throw a VAC tractor transmission/rear end underneath a K2, add the engine from a DC, and a steering wheel and there you had it.  The SP12. 

Good to see a living colour ad for the K2/ I know I have posted some black and white ads of it over the years. My uncle's K2 still sits on the farm and hasn't moved in probably fifty years. Along with a pair of 95s. 

Here is another scan from the 1682 pull type ad I posted the other day. 4894 Case should have plenty of power to keep that big rotor turning. 

1682 final.jpg

we have one of them old Case's SP up in the retirement  slough don't know much about it but dad said it was already parked when he was a kid so its been retired for a long time

Wasn't a lot of old pull type combines like that around a lot went the SP route but there is still 1 or 2 still goin  around

10 hours ago, wheatking said:

we have one of them old Case's SP up in the retirement  slough don't know much about it but dad said it was already parked when he was a kid so its been retired for a long time

Wasn't a lot of old pull type combines like that around a lot went the SP route but there is still 1 or 2 still goin  around

We had a Case dealer (and most of the other companies too) in our small town way back in those days and they sold  a lot of K2 and Sp combines. I guess the scrap guys have cleaned up a lot of them in recent years but I think  I know of 3  locally surviving. 

Here is a combine ad from 54 when they had changed the numbers a little but not too  much difference in the combines. 

54 Case power steering.jpg

The front cover from the New 66 Series tractors 1971, Canadian Printed

DSCF0004.JPG

The back cover of the 66 Series Sales literature, this picture was taken by the International Harvester Photography department, out in the very back field of my Dad (Ben Ruby's farm) it was the first 1066 sold by Zehr Bros. IH Dealer in New Hamburg, Ont. and the first 650 forage harvester, the farm on the picture is a neighbours farm as our farm not able to see as it was to the right, behind the harvester. Too bad I can't come up with the serial #, she was an early one, several years later traded on to a 1066 Hydro, later Hydro traded onto a 4166 then later the 4166 was traded for a 3588 which is still a local tracter today. The photographic department at IH were a very dedicated crew, all the positions of the clouds, sun, operator and even the exhaust cap on the muffler had to be in running position.

DSCF0001.JPG

And the top picture shows why I traded off my 1086 back in 1978. That range shift lever that stuck out to trip you every time you got on the tractor!! You would have thought IH's own engineers would have encountered this problem during testing and had it changed before it hit production.

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I saw all these nice ads this morning lol. Something about those big pull types and the 66/86 series tractors that I love. Maybe because it's what I grew up on, and still run.

Keep these ads and pictures coming. I know I'm really enjoying it. Thanks to everyone posting!

Yes,  there have been some  good ads posted here by others. I know I have posted 86 series tractor ads before and think I probably have a few yet to go. For now all I could find was this older ad for the "06" series. IH sold a lot of 7 and 806 tractors here in wheatland. I knew of a 1206 or two. Not sure if I ever saw a four wheel drive until the 86 series came out though.

IH tractors 66 small.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 6:33 PM, Ruby Red said:

The back cover of the 66 Series Sales literature, this picture was taken by the International Harvester Photography department, out in the very back field of my Dad (Ben Ruby's farm) it was the first 1066 sold by Zehr Bros. IH Dealer in New Hamburg, Ont. and the first 650 forage harvester, the farm on the picture is a neighbours farm as our farm not able to see as it was to the right, behind the harvester. Too bad I can't come up with the serial #, she was an early one, several years later traded on to a 1066 Hydro, later Hydro traded onto a 4166 then later the 4166 was traded for a 3588 which is still a local tracter today. The photographic department at IH were a very dedicated crew, all the positions of the clouds, sun, operator and even the exhaust cap on the muffler had to be in running position.

DSCF0001.JPG

That is awesome

I think the 86 were about my favourite and probably the best sellers in this area. I've always liked these 2+2s , or anteaters as some called them. 33,35, and 3788.

From 1980. 

80 IH 2+2.jpg

4 hours ago, Brady Boy said:

Another 2+2 picture out of one of my plow brochures.  BK

020.jpg

That would take some smoke to move it fast enough

Time for a little green paint to balance out the red. I always liked these 7520s. They were the first JD four wheelers that showed up in any great numbers here. 

7520.jpg

1 hour ago, Loadstar said:

Time for a little green paint to balance out the red. I always liked these 7520s. They were the first JD four wheelers that showed up in any great numbers here. 

They were popular here too.  Here is a scan of its little brother the 7020 which actually came out before the 7520.  There were a few 7020s around and I even have one but they weren't near as popular the 7520 since they were a little on the small side. 

7020-1.jpg

On 11/13/2016 at 0:05 PM, redneckchevy9 said:

This IH ad sure is purty!  Love the wheatland pulling it! 

f03db55333928735ce5d4313683a6e57.jpg

First smile on a farmers face with a combine in a rain storm I've ever seen,  Hard to come by in our area anyway. Nice ad otherwise.