Vintage Ads

clay neubauer

ever wonder where ih got the idea for the black stripe 66 series? check out that pug nose 1956 truck in post above. .

Could be possible. I like the looks of the R190 a lot better.

Here is an unrelated ad. Just one I happened to find while scanning the other day. Massey Harris was a big name in Canadian farm equipment back in 1952.

post-90-0-43191700-1452048279_thumb.jpg

The company Product Miniature is still around today. Have read that they have no interest in anybody calling them about the toys they used to make, which is a shame. I have couple L series trucks from them. Had couple R models, but sold them to owners of the real truck.

I guess a few of us would like to order one of these toy Farmalls for Christmas. Product Minatures made some nice replicas in plastic in the 1940s and 50s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_Miniature_Company

Ralph,

I know I have a photo somewhere, but I can't find it, of my wife's little plastic Farmall like shown. My brother and I each got a Farmall and together we were given a TD-24. Those all got broken and are gone for decades now. But Sharon got one and kept it nice all of these years. Gary

The company Product Miniature is still around today. Have read that they have no interest in anybody calling them about the toys they used to make, which is a shame. I have couple L series trucks from them. Had couple R models, but sold them to owners of the real truck.

I've seen well preserved originals advertised for sale on ebay I think.

And this is from a JD 30 series brochure dated early 1974.

I have that same brochure.

Since we are into JD four wheel/front wheel assist, I think for heavy field work I'd really want a true four wheel drive. Like this 1979 8640, JD sold a lot of them around here.

post-90-0-42323400-1452219939_thumb.jpg

I've been doing some cleaning of the shelf this morning and found a folder containing some old ads that I must have saved quite a number of years ago. As I get time, I'll have to share them.

For starters, here's a Minneapolis Moline combine ad from 1954.

Keith-

post-113738-0-37775700-1452266446_thumb.

I've been doing some cleaning of the shelf this morning and found a folder containing some old ads that I must have saved quite a number of years ago. As I get time, I'll have to share them.

For starters, here's a Minneapolis Moline combine ad from 1954.

Keith-

Minneapolis always put out a nice quality colour ad here in the fifties. I have not seen that one before though.

Going back to 1937 they put this one out in black and white.

post-90-0-59852900-1452277202_thumb.jpg

The front axle transferred the bump straight up to you, while the rears caused the cab to jolt forwards. Air ride seat helped a lot of course.

not to mention the roads weren't what they are today (although some in this area are still really bad!)

I'm sure dad's 2 cabovers ride much better

post-15949-0-99040700-1452277417_thumb.j

The front axle transferred the bump straight up to you, while the rears caused the cab to jolt forwards. Air ride seat helped a lot of course.

not to mention the roads weren't what they are today (although some in this area are still really bad!)

Oh yeah, them got some stretch. That's kinda cheating! A little short day cab single on segmented concrete was no fun. I give it to IH for building the nicest riding shorty tandem I think I was ever inside. (77 model) Made the Freightliners seem like a bucket of bolts. Sadly under powered for the mountains though.

Oh yeah, them got some stretch. That's kinda cheating! A little short day cab single on segmented concrete was no fun. I give it to IH for building the nicest riding shorty tandem I think I was ever inside. (77 model) Made the Freightliners seem like a bucket of bolts. Sadly under powered for the mountains though.

X100 on segmented concrete! We have a 12mile road here simply known as THE SLAB & in the 70's & 80's it was a very busy truck road - local gas station sold bumper stickers that said "I survived the slab"

Those are the stock frames on those 2 trucks - both have CATS cranked up to around 700

Ralph,

I just borrowed this from Facebook to post here. I remember a couple of people in central Montana who still drove these pickups when I was a boy. I loved the looks of the C-line then and still do! Gary ;)

attachicon.gifInternational Harvester IH C-1 pickup ad.jpg

Only $530 - I will take 10 please Gary.

Ralph,

I just borrowed this from Facebook to post here. I remember a couple of people in central Montana who still drove these pickups when I was a boy. I loved the looks of the C-line then and still do! Gary ;)

Great old IH truck ad Gary . Cheap enough by today's standards but I guess it took a long time for a farmer to make $530 back in the 1930s.

Here is a late 1959 IH truck ad. One of those short cabovers featured.

post-90-0-73249600-1452302783_thumb.jpg

I am kinda amazed about the $530. IH never seemed to lead on the price front. Weren't the plain model T about half of that?

Not accusing those of being stretched. They are just longer than the older models after the rules changed. 700?! We were kinda happy with half that. The shorty IH was a 225 I think. It was dreadful on a long up grade. Pleasant and quiet. But you dreaded to see a mountain pass.

chugger snubber?

M Diesel,

I don't know what a Model TT Truck cost. I'd guess around $350? The Roadster was $260 in 1926. Gary ;)

I'd have no idea on those truck prices but I do have a sale bill for a brand new L110 pickup sold here in 1950. Unfortunately it is not saved on this computer so I can't look it up.

For now, here is a slightly newer R series truck ad from 1953.

post-90-0-72861000-1452367774_thumb.jpg

Not accusing those of being stretched. They are just longer than the older models after the rules changed. 700?! We were kinda happy with half that. The shorty IH was a 225 I think. It was dreadful on a long up grade. Pleasant and quiet. But you dreaded to see a mountain pass.

chugger snubber?

Not to many times getting passed on a hill in either of those trucks.

This has been one dandy thread ,averaging about 3.3 posts per day over 4 years. They haven't all been an ad posted but it has been a very good thread for staying on topic considering how many threads on the net go.

Thanks to Clay Seia for starting it and all contributors.

On Monday, December 21, 1970, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for CHUGGER SNUBBER by NATIONAL SEATING COMPANY, VONORE, TN 37885.

The description provided to the USPTO for CHUGGER SNUBBER is MOTION ISOLATORS ASSOCIATED WITH SEATS OR BEDS IN VEHICLES SUCH AS TRUCKS, BUSES OR THE LIKE SUBSTANTIALLY TO ELIMINATE TRANSFER OF ABRUPT LONGITUDINAL MOVEMENT IN THE VEHICLES TO SUCH SEATS OR BEDS.