Back to work on 560 project

Tonyinca

Happy New year , Guys,

Finally put in first day of year on my 560 restoration.

Getting excited ,thought I would share what we have done since last post of 11/16/11.

Also 560 anniversery today. I purchased it at first sight on 1/5/11 picked it up week later and started resto on 5/17/11.

Here is where we are at. BTW the dash is a doner while original is being prepared. Thanks, Tony

post-8888-0-24444500-1325826716_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-62036300-1325826756_thumb.jp

That's almost to shiny . Great job Tony love to see it when it's done . I see you used hi-temp paint for exhaust , good job. Send us more pics. when you have it done . PS Don't leave the pick up in there when your painting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Picked up the cast centers from painter just before Christmas.

The rims were black from manufactor . I had them powder coated a '77 chev.rally wheel Argent. (As close as I could get in powder coat without being pure silver) Shade not quite perfect ,Imop, but we'll see how they look when mounted. The jack screws will zinc plated. we'll get one together and see how it all blends and if we'll need to go back to I.H. argent paint. Tony

post-8888-0-00988200-1325827967_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-04369600-1325828128_thumb.jp

Looking very nice.I like the spin out rim's.Thought I was going to have two get some but we patched one up turned out nice.Thanks for the up date Tony have a good weekend. Dave

Picked up the cast centers from painter just before Christmas.

The rims were black from manufactor . I had them powder coated a '77 chev.rally wheel Argent. (As close as I could get in powder coat without being pure silver) Shade not quite perfect ,Imop, but we'll see how they look when mounted. The jack screws will zinc plated. we'll get one together and see how it all blends and if we'll need to go back to I.H. argent paint. Tony

Looks great Tony!

Don't go back to the CIH silver argent paint. I had some single stage urethane mixed up for the wheels on my SW4. Used the Chev rally wheel Argent paint code. I'm very happy with it in comparison to the CIH stuff.

Best

Ken

Looking real good! I also use a custom metallic silver paint on my rims. Omni ATU. My buddy came up with a custom mix at the local Arnold motor supply. Most folks like it much better than the oem argent, and it is much more durable than other non-hardened paints. Fluid does not even faze it! A little tricky to shoot---lots of light layers or it will run.

Looking real good! I also use a custom metallic silver paint on my rims. Omni ATU. My buddy came up with a custom mix at the local Arnold motor supply. Most folks like it much better than the oem argent, and it is much more durable than other non-hardened paints. Fluid does not even faze it! A little tricky to shoot---lots of light layers or it will run.

Word

The stuff I use is the same. Very tricky to spray, but like iron when its dry. Will not use the CIH stuff now.

Best

Ken

Look'in good Tony, and I didn't see any fingers or thumbs in the pictures either!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Bill

Yeah Bill, I finally remember to lift the cornor of stuck shutter each time :huh: Asked Santa for new camera but He said HE had delivered enough parts for the 560 all year long and that I had not been T H A T good :unsure:

Tony

Nice I love shiny paint, Keep us up to date as you complete.

Max

One good lookin project.I am in the process of restoring my dads old 460. just gettin ready to start sand blasting.I am sure I will not be able to afford painting it right now can you tell me what primer I need to use when I get sandblasting done? Thanks for any suggestions

One good lookin project.I am in the process of restoring my dads old 460. just gettin ready to start sand blasting.I am sure I will not be able to afford painting it right now can you tell me what primer I need to use when I get sandblasting done? Thanks for any suggestions

" Old 460",

When I tear down,repair,blast ,I need time to reavaluate parts ,do machine work etc ,so don't want to be preasured into paint.

I blast and prime with a etch primer ,takes all pressure off painter,He actually likes the etch, (He's a one man show and very cantankerous of his work) does not hinder him.

Some people say etch not nessary but I am NOT a professional and need time to do lot of metal prep before paint.

We use a commercial valspar etch. The final primer, and or, surfacer used is matched to paint which is automotive quality and hardened.

Best, Tony

Word

The stuff I use is the same. Very tricky to spray, but like iron when its dry. Will not use the CIH stuff now.

Best

Ken

Thanks Guys ,

for the heads up on argent choices and for the comments.

Tony

Thanks Tony, I have never done any painting.As with your paint guy the person I have in mind is a one man show,he has done a couple wrecked pickups for me. This will give me time to get every thing cleaned up and ready for him. Thanks Again

Looking good as usual Tony :wub: .

I took all 4 Super M-TA rims to local powder coat place when I bought new rear tires few years back . We used Chrome for the color choice and it came out real close to the right look . I had some pictures but lost them in a tower crash :angry: . I'll get some next time I'm out at the farm .

Looking good as usual Tony :wub: .

I took all 4 Super M-TA rims to local powder coat place when I bought new rear tires few years back . We used Chrome for the color choice and it came out real close to the right look . I had some pictures but lost them in a tower crash :angry: . I'll get some next time I'm out at the farm .

Thanks,Boomer,

Interesting! If not to much trouble ,would like to see them! :) Tony

Archived