Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FARMALL51

Does anyone think International will ever start making pickups again. ?

Does anyone ever thing that International or Navistar will ever start making Pickups like a 1/2 ton 3/4 ton Ect..... Id like to see them get back into it again . I know they have the MXT an CXT and I think that the same or close to the 4500 series truck or 450's .. Id love to get one if they every start making them again.

I really don't think they have the factory capacity to build light trucks.One of the reasons they quit in the first place to make room for more Mid sized and larger production.Also the reason dodge quit making big trucks about the same time. Needed the space to build the Clubcabs.

I haven't heard anything about plans for the near future but I sure hope they do; I sure want one.

maybe then i could get the best of all the big three in a 3/4 ton?? :rolleyes:

Ive been a chevy guy all my life and have had good service out of them all . Heck Ive got one that has 320.000 on the original engine . But my dad had an International pickup My father inlaw had one . I always wondered if they might make on in the future. With the MXT and CXT they are almost there. I dont know just a thought ..

Right now the closest thing they have is a Terrastar which is a 1 1/2 ton. Looks like it would be a good gooseneck hauler. Available in regular, Extended, and Crew-cabs. 4WD with be available later in 2012. Check out these customized Terrastars

http://agilevehicles.com/InternationalTruck_TerraStar-ITE_TerraStar_Truck-TerraStar_Hauler.html

Eason,

Those Terrstar's are tough looking trucks. However I bet their prices are very tough looking $$$$'s also.

Harold H

Harold they are very compareable with the Ford, GM, and Dodge cab & chassis. They are buit heavier though. Eason

I love to see them come out with at 1/2 ton or 1 ton truck . I'll take a red one. a "Red Baby"

Eason,

Those Terrstar's are tough looking trucks. However I bet their prices are very tough looking $$$$'s also.

Harold H

Harold,

Eason is right, I priced a crew cab, and chassie. It was like $54K. I thought that was a great buy, compared to a ford, dodge, or GM!

Jason

Eason,

Harold H

Harold,

Eason is right, I priced a crew cab, and chassie. It was like $54K. I thought that was a great buy, compared to a ford, dodge, or GM!

Jason

And I bet the OPTION LIST was about ten times longer on the TerraStar too!

I see picture as very bleak.

Would no be suprised to see Navistar totally gone in the next 5 years much less expanding their market at the lower end.

They no longer have the infrastructure to support any expansion. Their attempt at a box truck ended in failure. Wonder how much they lost on that one?

There share of the over the road truck market has shrunk to bit player status.

Lets face it the grand IHC company is D E A D, sorry to see it go away. Wonder if they had received millions in low interest loans like GM and the banks, would they be a thriving company today????

I see picture as very bleak.

Would no be suprised to see Navistar totally gone in the next 5 years much less expanding their market at the lower end.

They no longer have the infrastructure to support any expansion. Their attempt at a box truck ended in failure. Wonder how much they lost on that one?

Lets face it the grand IHC company is D E A D, sorry to see it go away. Wonder if they had received millions in low interest loans like GM and the banks, would they be a thriving company today????

Oleman I beg to differ. There was an segment on Fox news in the early fall about Navistar. It was the only Truck manufacturer whose stock was going up. They are a strong #2 in heavy trucks, #1 in medium trucks, and the terrastar has emerged as a strong continder in the light medium market. Everyone loves them compared to GM Ford and Dodge. As for loosing money on the box truck market the cab forward trucks(like Isuzu) were co-financed by Ford. Eason

Navistar must have a very large share of the single axel trucks now by what I meet on the road.

Navistar recently signed 10 year lease for old railcar plant in NW Alabama. Plant is a mile long.Rumor is a joint venture with Mahindra...Light Duty Vehicles. PWR

I have great concern for the future. A high percentage of the engineering staff is being replaced by a bunch of kids that don't know a truck from a Prius. I worry about what will come out in the next several years.

I'm going out on a limb and saying they *will* produce something by 2015 (might see concepts by then).

Here's my understanding:

Unless you believe the chaps at Mahindra Planet, "The Unofficial Mahindra U.S. News Source," who seem certain that Mahindra will be manufacturing trucks in the U.S. as of 2012. That's right, not just selling them here, but building them here. Their sources are unnamed, but the prediction relies on Mahindra's connection to Navistar, the international truck and bus maker that recently leased a massive factory complex in Muscle Shoals, Alabama.

Mahindra and Navistar have a joint operation in India, and according to Mahindra Planet, they've worked together since 1963. Navistar has said it will have more than 2,000 people working at the Alabama complex by 2015, but hasn't given any clue as to what it will be building there. Mahindra Planet thinks it will be the T20 and T40, and earlier this year Mahindra's CEO did say that Navistar was a potential U.S. partner.

It would appear to be entirely speculation, but there is one aspect of a tie-up that seems to make "A-ha!" kind of sense: if Mahindra builds pickups at Navistar's factory, it might also take advantage of Navistar's already-established distribution channels. Nevertheless, even if all of this were true, you'll probably have a lengthy wait: beyond the fact that Navistar's complex was only recently set up to build a small number of rail cars, Mahindra hasn't filed paperwork with the EPA for 2012-model-year trucks, so 2013 versions would be the first ones out. You might want to hold off on any wagers concerning that possibility...

I see  picture as very bleak.

They no longer have the infrastructure to support any expansion.  Their attempt at a box truck ended in failure.  Wonder how much they lost on that one?

Lets face it the grand IHC company is D E A D, sorry to see it go away.  Wonder if they had received millions in low interest loans like GM and the banks, would they be a thriving company today????

I'm on the other side of the fence on this. I believe that Navistar is pretty strong in the truck market too. Maybe not the heavy side as much, but the mid size very strongly. Heck they are in a joint venture with CAT right now as we talk building there trucks.JasonJason

I will side with Eason and the others and think Navistar will do well in years to come.

Going from strength to strength here in nz. they have just opened their own assembly plant over here for cabovers.Keeps the others honest

From what Ive seen here lately is Nothing but INTERNATIONAL on the road . I'm usually out and about on the road during the week for my work and I have noticed a increase in the International truck driving down the road. I have noticed more of the International WorkStar's and DuraStar's in the last 3 months. and I live close to the Coca Cola plant near Clayton N.C and They have a all new fleet of the International Durastar and Workstar trucks. And Ive seen more and more of the over the road trucks like the ProStar and TranStar. From what Ive seen in the last year or two is A rise in International Truck sales so I think INTERNATIONAL is on its way up to the top. I think they maybe could hit it Big if they were to move into the Light duty truck market . Just maybe Just maybe but the way the Economy is now its hard to tell . ?