560 project report

Tonyinca

Hello,

Been a while since last update 8/27/11, So, I thought I would stay in touch.

Its slowed a bit ,lot of repairs to make and also lot of painting prep. do to the fact it set so long (out side) , lot of pitting to smooth over and the painting is time consuming piece by piece.Also a little thing called harvest is taking some time :lol:

We have bolster done, front axles done , hydraulic valves been re -o ringed and needed repairs, steering colunm been rebushed,all painted and being installed.

Currently working on paint prep of front rims, fuel tank, tank support, and beginning fast hitch parts.

Here are a few pictures. Tony

post-8888-0-86636600-1318305492_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-93104700-1318305519_thumb.jp

Hydraulic bank and steering colunm.

BTW, will be getting front wheels & tires under her or solid blocks under hubs before proceeding,even with stan and cheery picker she is getting wobbly with all the front attachment weight. :blush: Tony

post-8888-0-39593100-1318305848_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-41607500-1318305876_thumb.jp

Lookin good!

Thanks for taking time to post the pics. Your tractor is looking great.

Hope harvest is going well.

We had MAJOR, breakdown with our combine yesterday.

Bearing out, and casting broke on planetary drive end.

Smelled something hot, could not figure it out. Later on spotted smoke coming from behind the drive wheels.

Planetary was hot and I noticed the dual wheels were leaning toward the machine.

Worked on it till about midnight, last night.

Leaving for dealer early to see what our options are for fixing this, and renting a machine for a few days.

Thanks for taking time to post the pics. Your tractor is looking great.

Hope harvest is going well.

We had MAJOR, breakdown with our combine yesterday.

Bearing out, and casting broke on planetary drive end.

Smelled something hot, could not figure it out. Later on spotted smoke coming from behind the drive wheels.

Planetary was hot and I noticed the dual wheels were leaning toward the machine.

Worked on it till about midnight, last night.

Leaving for dealer early to see what our options are for fixing this, and renting a machine for a few days.

My God, That is major, Glad you are able to rent a harvester.Stay safe on those late nite repairs, Good luck on your repairs!

As for our harvest just got to field since 10/5-6/11 rain. Hopefully we get 10-15 days of dry.One problem yesterday ; a vetern shaker driver filled deisel into the hydraulic oil tank.A almond shaker is basiclly all hyd. So the draining ,filters

refilling,keeping fingers crossed that shes' okay. He ran an hour before realizing what he had done.Hyd tank holds 30 gallons. Tony

Looks great!!!

The air compressor could use a bit of RED overspray put on it... ;)

Ken ,your right, that thing sticks out like a sore thumb everytime I post.

W'ell fix that next time one way or other :lol: Tony

Looking good!

I love pics and seeing other people work.

Besides the color the JD sticker is a giveaway.

I just got a new compressor from Eaton Compressor (Polar Air) I made sure not to get it in JD colors.

Maxx

Looks great!!!

Ken , can you send him a Green Bay Packers sticker for it :lol: ?

Thanks for the update & pictures Tony :wub: .

Looks great!!!

Ken , can you send him a Green Bay Packers sticker for it :lol: ?

Thanks for the update & pictures Tony :wub: .

Boomer, Would like a nice big I.H.sign like yours,Would hide the green compressor with CLASS. :P

Hello,

Been a while since last update 8/27/11, So, I thought I would stay in touch.

Its slowed a bit ,lot of repairs to make and also lot of painting prep. do to the fact it set so long (out side) , lot of pitting to smooth over and the painting is time consuming piece by piece.Also a little thing called harvest is taking some time :lol:

We have bolster done, front axles done , hydraulic valves been re -o ringed and needed repairs, steering colunm been rebushed,all painted and being installed.

Currently working on paint prep of front rims, fuel tank, tank support, and beginning fast hitch parts.

Here are a few pictures. Tony

NOW I understand the comment about the red air compressor in the other post! :lol:

Archived