560 project report

Tonyinca

Last I updated Had just painted rear end and engine just back from machine shop (engine rebuilt)Had to go through front bolster ,power steering motor, replaced bolster bearings, Had to rework and weld top of radiator support,rebushed and bearing front axle,painting is progressing slow do to refinishing many of the pieces such as side rails,etc

Few updated pic's for those interested in fallowing the project. Tony

post-8888-0-42896100-1314367784_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-26460100-1314367899_thumb.jp

Last I updated Had just painted rear end and engine just back from machine shop (engine rebuilt)Had to go through front bolster ,power steering motor, replaced bolster bearings, Had to rework and weld top of radiator support,rebushed and bearing front axle,painting is progressing slow do to refinishing many of the pieces such as side rails,etc

post-8888-0-55068500-1314367988_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-51688000-1314368009_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-02601200-1314368085_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-86173500-1314368105_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-31792900-1314368165_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-45466400-1314368197_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-82468100-1314368243_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-25641100-1314368270_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-45765700-1314368316_thumb.jp

post-8888-0-29207900-1314368337_thumb.jp

Very nice

VERY NICEST JOB complete teariing down an cleanen all parts makes best restiraion of all Toney

Very nice! How do you get it all put together without cracking the paint on bolts and mating surfaces? I'd be afraid to get close to that beautiful paint job with a wrench.

Very nice! How do you get it all put together without cracking the paint on bolts and mating surfaces? I'd be afraid to get close to that beautiful paint job with a wrench.

We do get some scarring and chips but not bad, on the other tractor and this one I took all old dirty bolts to electro plating they dip in acid then plate them in black then we brush heads and put light coat of epoxy primer then paint very light coats so very little build up of paint ,then I let sit on those boxes for at least 15 days before we put them on. I try to use all original bolts but I use all new grade 8 lock washers also paint them same time as bolts.

Not much touch up on the 400; there was! but not as much as I thought it would be.

I bought sockets with plastic inserts thinking it would help,NO WAY they are more detrimental to paint then normal sockets with little vaseline on them. Tony

Yeah, I suppose the lack of patience has been my biggest problem. I want to get things back together too fast and don't let the paint cure enough.

Guest 1966IH504

That ol gal is looking really nice. I bet you are getting excited as things are taking shape and especially when the sheet metal is put on.

Your hard work and $$$$ are paying off. Thanks for sharing

Yeah, I suppose the lack of patience has been my biggest problem. I want to get things back together too fast and don't let the paint cure enough.

Yes!! PATIENCE!! There are times I think I need anti anxiety drugs! I gave myself two years but its like I want it done today.I get impatient waiting for parts or when something new pops up that needs machining or time to fix.

Thank God the retired fella that does my painting does not look at a calender or a clock and does not get impatient.

Adding to problem is my guys at ranch and friends that look in time to time are pushing me to have it done for Tulare Show next April. (Heck thats only 11 months since started) :o Thank God I still have to farm to pay for this so that slows me down a little :lol: Thanks, Tony

Archived