IH construction equipment serial numbers & engine xrefs

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Looking for a fuel filter that will fit a T5 dozer for a friend, but having difficulty finding one that fits.  Never personally seen the machine, but from reading here, y'all seem to know more than anyone I know personally.  I was told T5, but I want to say I remember diesel also, so maybe TD5 after a little research on this forum. 

Thanks for any help

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Do You Know the Location of the serial number on an International 500 ? There is no kickplate (and no seat) . There is a Number just behind the shifter on the cover plate but I can't cross it over with anything. I would like to have it so that i could find a seat and maybe any other parts. It's a gas job if that makes any difference.

• 4 months later...
On 1/30/2021 at 2:22 PM, Rjclark said:

Hello,we have a Td 12 we thought. But the serial number on side machine is 4230007u00841. We trying figure out the actual year of it.

TD12 humm do you have a picture of the SN. On 40's n 50's style there are casting numbers on the RIGHT side of block that gives clues within a year or so but the S/N should be on an ID tag riveted to the dash. My T9 was a parts machine so the tag had been removed by military when purchased.

The number you give I don't recognize as International - though I may be wrong.

Go back a page and look at the pictures of my post  the third pic shows where S/N of TD UD are stamped in block

Edited by Fat Dan
update info

On 1/30/2021 at 2:22 PM, Rjclark said:

Hello,we have a Td 12 we thought. But the serial number on side machine is 4230007u00841. We trying figure out the actual year of it.

4230007u.... ?? 00841 ??
Posted April 29, 2011 by magicmikey
TD12 1981-92
501-1981
651-1982
698-1983
749-1984
813-1985
814-857-1986 My best guess
built until 1992   

• 1 year later...

Hi y'all,

Definitely new to IH, but have years of Automotive/Truck repair experience including running a Diesel Shop for Tractor Trailers. This said, I purchased a 75(?) 3400D-A model Loader/Backhoe with a D179 that was worked on 'played with by uneducated people' and they ran 12 volt battery's over the 6 volt system, disconnected wires disconnected the Fuel Filter and ran an electric fuel pump with simple 'gasoline screw in filter'.

I need to know the 4 wire 6 volt Alternator P\N and the proper size Batteries (Cold Cranking and Total Amp)

But 1st and Foremost I would love to understrand and decifer the VIN number its 14 digits with a '*' at the end NOT the typical 15 digits.

Could anyone help with the VIN information or lead me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Si'

• 3 months later...

So, I posted over in Ag about my 3800 industrial loader backhoe..   Looking for information as to date of MFG serial number 915

• 5 months later...

I THOUGHT BY THE CHARTS MY TD6 WAS A 55 YEAR, TAG#TDCB37855T7CC, BUT IT GOES ON TO STATE 1550 RPM, AND ACCORDING TO CHARTS THAT ENGINE RPM IS FOR A UNIT SEVERAL YEARS NEWER, ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN DECIPHER MY SERIAL,   TIA

• 10 months later...

Hello, I ask you to help me determine the year of manufacture of the equipment. I have a 40 kW power plant in reserve, manufactured PACIFIC ENTERPRISE(Los Angeles), with an engine installed INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER(Chicago)on it that rotates the production generator PALMER.  THE LELAND ELECTRIC CO. You started the station approximately in the 30s of the 20th century. The following numbers are indicated on the engine block 153624 1018M, perhaps you you can determine the exact production of equipmentthe engine is equipped with an electric starter, as well as to facilitate starting, a gasoline starting system and injectors for operational mode. I would put a photo, but I’m still going through the registration period Thank you in advance for your assistance.

3 minutes ago, vlad said:

Hello, I ask you to help me determine the year of manufacture of the equipment. I have a 40 kW power plant in reserve, manufactured PACIFIC ENTERPRISE(Los Angeles), with an engine installed INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER(Chicago)on it that rotates the production generator PALMER.  THE LELAND ELECTRIC CO. You started the station approximately in the 30s of the 20th century. The following numbers are indicated on the engine block 153624 1018M, perhaps you you can determine the exact production of equipmentthe engine is equipped with an electric starter, as well as to facilitate starting, a gasoline starting system and injectors for operational mode. I would put a photo, but I’m still going through the registration period Thank you in advance for your assistance.

IMG_20230824_104132.jpg

IMG_20230824_104233.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think that 6cylinder engine TD-6 came out in 1958 as a 1959 model. I know it wouldn't be a 1955 for sure.

DWF

On 9/30/2023 at 5:49 PM, Dennis Geisler said:

Hi!

My serial number tag on lower left side of instrument panel by the starter button says this:

TD-6

TD-62    710

6 Cyl diesel start with glow plugs I am told it is a 1955 is this right?

Thanks

Dennis

TD6-62 710 would be a 1959 model. Can you post picture of the serial number plate, is 1690 below the serial number? that would be the governed rpm of the engine.

Hello, there is not enough information on the Internet, I contacted the admin of the Palmer generators website, but I could not get the exact production time. I am in Europe, Latvia. I get the period between 1936 and 1946. After modernization in 1946, the letter A appeared in UD18 The nameplate says model UD18 series UDR 4561-Z1 Who has any thoughts?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...