TD-4

DWF

There is an auction ad with a TD-4 crawler dozer. The auction is not too far from here, but there are no pictures of the TD-4

Were these an uncommon model? I've been around IH crawlers for years and don't know a thing about these. A guy I know was asking if I knew anything. He's interested in it, I have enough uncompleted projects.

DWF

Must be a listing mistake, or owner doesn't know for sure. There are no td4's only t4 or t5 gas jobs. They're ih's smallest crawlers. If its diesel its a td5 which is the same size with diesel engine. Only serial tag is located on right side of bell housing, its common for the tag tobe missing. I guess one could put a td5 engine in a t4 frame. it will fit and one would have to put diesel exit holes in the hood. Here's a pic of the 2 odd gauge t4and t5. Mine is the narrow 38" gauge and wayne attwood owns the 68" gauge low profile (orchard) t5. Good luck and try to post some pics of it. Call me if you want when u get there. 508 333 9336

post-1204-0-85644300-1303258154_thumb.jp

Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't think I'm going to the auction, the other guy, who's interested in it is going. The ad is probably mistaken as to diesel or TD-5. They seem to do that often.

I had an Uncle who farmed between Fowler and Goodland Indiana. I still get down to near Danville, Il.

Doug

Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't think I'm going to the auction, the other guy, who's interested in it is going. The ad is probably mistaken as to diesel or TD-5. They seem to do that often.

I had an Uncle who farmed between Fowler and Goodland Indiana. I still get down to near Danville, Il.

Doug

great dirt down there!

The auction co. made a mistake, it was a TD-6. The guy that was interested didn't go to the auction, so I don't know what the 6 went for or anything about it.

Doug

Archived