656 Hydro decal question

BOOMER LANDT

I have been looking at a lot of 544 & 656 Hydro's as of late and have noticed not all have the Hydro hood decal <_< . Was curious if there was a year/serial # break . Went back thru some old topics on this and it seems it happened to quite a few tractors .

I have been looking at a lot of 544 & 656 Hydro's as of late and have noticed not all have the Hydro hood decal <_< . Was curious if there was a year/serial # break . Went back thru some old topics on this and it seems it happened to quite a few tractors .

No, they all had a "HYDRO" identifier on the hood; from the first 656 to the last 3488. If you're finding them without decals it's probably because they were repainted and never put back on.

The early 656 Hydros (67-68) did not have the Hydro decal.

Well , that explains the one I bought yesterday as it's a very late 67 :wub: . You don't know why they would skip right in the middle of production by chance ? Paging Ken B) !!!

Cardinal,

I sold three new Farmall 656 Hydro diesels shortley after they were introduced and they did have the hydro decals.

Harold H

Cardinal,

I sold three new Farmall 656 Hydro diesels shortley after they were introduced and they did have the hydro decals.

Harold H

Would those have been 65 or 66 models then Harold ?

Our 656 hydro my grandpa bought brand new in 69 and it is still original paint and doesn't have the hydro decal and neither does the parts tractor.

We had a later style 656 Farmall hydro diesel on the farm years ago and from what I remember it didn't have the hydro emblem until we repainted it. Later style meaning it had the tube grille and Internation signs on the hood.

Boomer,

I don't really remember if they were 65's with the 706 type grill or 66's with the bar type grill, but i do remember the decals. These were actually three Farmall 656 High Clear Hydro diesels that I sold to a Lake Jackson farmer to put under bean pickers and he traced in three Farmall 504 High Clears on them. We finally sold the Farmall 504 High Clears for spray tractors after having them in inventory for quite a while. We sold very few tractors smaller than the 706 during that era.

Harold H

Cardinal,

Harold H

Would those have been 65 or 66 models then Harold ?

Ok , I did some researching today (home sick :angry: ) and it seems they introduced the 656 Hydro in 1967 .

Found a picture of a display set up at a show to demostrate the new tractor and it has a Hydro decal on the hood but is angled @ 45 degrees :wacko: .

It's odd to me that they would pick & choose which tractors to place a decal on when new but I have seen all years with & without .

Does anyone have old parts books for 656's as the decal should be listed ? TIA B)

Archived